Thread: Bon Bon kidney cat we are sponsoring

Bon Bon kidney cat we are sponsoring

I had some renal diet left over and I was put in touch with a "rescue"cat called Bon-Bon who is in need of it.

Bon Bon is a 15 year old girl with renal insufficiency who was surrendered by her frail elderly "Mum" because she had to go into a nursing home. She remains in the care of Hunter Animal Rescue (up near Newcastle about 110km N of Sydney). She has been fostered out to a lovely lady called Jennah and I am going to stay in touch and offer any support in the way of advice for home care for Bon Bon. I shall also sponsor her for a few dollars each week in Cleo's memory, because obviously as her condition advances she will need more and more support and every $ helps.

It seems appropriate that it is Hunter Animal Rescue because Cleo's primary care vet was the wonderful wholistic vet and homoeopath/acupuncturist called Sue Hunter in Sydney who took care of her so well for almost two years and who taught me how to administer fluids and generally kept me on the right track and gave me moral support. We couldn't have done it without her.

Bon-Bon's picture is attached and I think she's gorgeous.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. (Albert Schweitzer)

What a pretty little girl and what a wonderful way to honour Cleo's memory! I am so sure that Cleo is at RB bragging to all the other cats how wonderful you are for helping another kitty in her name and how she had the bestest purrson in the whole wide world.

Please keep us updated on Bon Bon. She is now part of the PT family.

Michelle

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Aw thank you Michelle, that conjured up a very tender picture, I am touched!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. (Albert Schweitzer)

And Bon Bon has a very special Guardian Pet Angel.

What a wonderful thing to do in Cleo's memory!

How is your other kitty doing (I am so sorry for forgetting her name. )

{{{{hugs}}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

The white around Bon Bon's neck resembles an Elizabethan collar. She's very pretty and looks like royalty. Ya dun Cleo proud, girlfriend.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    And Bon Bon has a very special Guardian Pet Angel.

What a wonderful thing to do in Cleo's memory!

How is your other kitty doing (I am so sorry for forgetting her name. )

{{{{hugs}}}}
    Cleo's "sister" is called Colette - not related just share the same Mummy. She's being extra clingy and whining a lot as only a Siamese can do. She's having Rescue Remedy in her water and I've mixed us up both some Australian Bush Flower essences for grief and pining - Sturt Desert Pea and Boronia. We're getting through this and "adopting" BonBon from a distance is helping - couldn't entertain the idea of physically fostering or homing another one yet. Inevitable eventually, but impossible right now.
    Today reality has finally kicked in and I'm depressed. We've all been there haven't we? And I'm no different. Better get on with my day now.

What a wonderful thing for you to do to in honor of Cleo's memory. Bon Bon sure looks like a real sweetheart. Please continue to keep us updated about her.

Holistic vets are great aren't they. I've found a wonderful one who has helped me with Starr's health problems as well as a few of my other cats problems.