Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Prayer Thread for Zippy-Kat's *MOM*

Even more prayers said in earnest for your Mom and your family today.

With much love, Gini

More prayers and energy today.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Zip - you know that I have not stopped praying for you and your Mom. Tonight I have a candle burning for her here
    http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...ng&cid=6643905
    as well as a candle burning in my living room.

Much love and prayers
    Slick
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

The Little Engine that Could

After a couple of very VERY bad days, mom seems to have reached a turning point. The NG tube is out, her lab work/xray is better than it was, she's breathing easier, her eyes are brighter, and she's more chipper. Still not out of the woods yet by any means but it's looking better. She's finally allowed to have small sips of water. They hope to move her on to broth/clear liquids in a couple of days. (It officially makes one week since she's eaten; she said she's been dreaming of food...chicken and dumplings, cheese and crackers, mac 'n cheese, applebutter, apple pie.)

The pain medicine that they give her (she's down to once or twice a day) causes her to hallucinate. It was alarming at first (especially since she was seeing people who had passed) but now that we know to expect it, it's somewhat amusing. While "under the influence" she's scrapbooked, stirred cake batter, dug in the filing cabinet, searched through a purse, and yelled at me to "Get K'Cee off the couch!!" lol (Technically, the critters aren't allowed on the living room furniture but nevermind the fact that that's where they spend a majority of their time. lol)

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. They really, really mean the world to us.

THANK YOU, GOD - keep getting Mom better! THANK YOU.

Zippy - I am sure she'll get a kick out of how 'domestic' and 'busy' she was during this time.

This is very hopeful news...maybe in a couple of days, she'll be over the worst. Will it be a while before she is out of isolation?

HUGS to you all.

In between pain meds, she's quite "with it" and, yes, we've all gotten a bit of a chuckle.

I'm sure they won't remove her from this unit until she's ready to go home and that will probably be this weekend at the earliest. I'm guessing they will keep her into next week.

In the previous post, I forgot to mention that tomorrow is their 34th anniversary!

I'm so glad to hear she is making some improvement and the tube is out.

Prayers on the way.

From Decker with Love

Two Steps Forward...

She was able to walk up and down the hallway 3x, today. They gave her a popsicle (and something else -forgot what) and she was able to keep that down. Still on oxygen but breathing better. HOWEVER, her lungs are collapsing and she's now trying to ward off pneumonia.

Will this ever end? Times like this, it seems like it won't. One of the scariest things is, how will we now determine what is normal chemo effects and what is the start of an infection? (The cancer center is sending home some test kits that we can drop off at our local hospital in case we are in doubt.)

I'm ready for the "no set back" days. I'm ready for her to be home. I may be twenty-eight years old but I still want/need my mommy.

{{{hugs}}} Good improvements...prayers that all will be fixed up.

That's wonderful news that she was able to walk today. I'm happy about that but saddened to hear about her lungs. I'm sorry but I had to chuckle a bit about her hallucinating. It brings to mind many years ago when a "then friend" had her husband in the hospital and they had him drugs for whatever reason and when we went to visit him and the nurses had to restrain him. Unbeknownst to them, he was allergic and he kept trying to get out of bed to "clean up the house" and "take the dog for a walk" and "set up the checker board for a game." He was seeing all kinds of people who had already passed. When we were there we both chuckled, even though it wasn't really funny.

34th anniversary???? Happy anniversary to Zippy's Parents.

More {{{hugs}}} and prayers coming your way.

As a footnote, you are never to old to want/need your Mommy. My Mom and I are very close and can't even imagine what state I would be in if she were in your Mom's shoes. Don't ever be ashamed to let the little child inside of you come out and want to be held.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Hang tough and slow down a little.

I know what it feels like to go 150 miles an hour, when you are standing still.

more prayers sent.

We'll keep the prayers going that all will keep getting better and better......
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by pitc9 View Post
    {{{{HUGS}}} and prayers sent.
    From me, too!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by zippy-kat View Post

I may be twenty-eight years old but I still want/need my mommy.

I know exactly how you feel at age 57

Know that my thoughts and prayers are with you

I've been Boooo'd!

Try "Safe Mode", Dad ... <picks up Prayer Line> <dials God>

HEY - we got a >dial tone< ... it's >Ringin< !!

HI God ~

Hadda hard tyme gettin thru ... our 'puter's *busted*.

Glad ta hear You're makin progress wiff New Mexico Mom feelin better;
    but kuld Ya try a lil Harder, God?
    We'z all kind wurried 'bout her lungs anna breathin - dat's kinda *important* ta
    have werkin rite ... we'll Pray Extra fur dat ta get better.

When Ya get a minnitt, kuld You pass out sum {{{God'sHugs}}} to
    New Mexico Mom and Zippy-Kat? That'll Help a lot!

THANKS, God!
    /s/ the Prayer Pups