Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Prayer Thread for Zippy-Kat's *MOM*

Prayer Thread for Zippy-Kat's *MOM*

Quote Originally Posted by zippy-kat

Prayers for my Mom, please. It was confirmed today that she has cancer.

I'm taking the news harder than she is
    and finding it easier to cope by ignoring/avoiding any conversation about it.

Her next doctor's appointment (to discuss a treatment plan) is May 6th.

Thank you in advance, for those of you who have the strength to Pray for us.

Let's all gather around and send up some really strong Pet Talk Prayers
    for Zippy-Kat's MOM,
    her faithful Hubby, Zippy-Kat's Younger Sister, and our own Zippy-Kat (Tonya).
    They all need to feel the strength and support of our PT Prayers.

May God be with you all.

/s/ Phred & the Prayer Pups
    Last edited by Cinder & Smoke; 05-11-2008 at 07:51 AM.

You've got it.

Prayers and good things sent out to Zippy-kat and her mom and the rest of her family.

*hug*
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Prayers from me, of course.

I've been Boooo'd!

OMD, Zippy. I'm so sorry. For what it's worth, here are my thoughts.
    I'm taking the news harder than she is and finding it easier to cope by ignoring/avoiding any conversation about it.
    When I was first diagnosed with lung cancer I found that I spent most of the time doing the consoling. My family, coworkers and friends took it harder than I did. What I didn't like about it is that people would pat me on the arm and say "there, there now". Others simply said "I'm sorry you are sick." Excuse me, I'm not sick, I have cancer. Yet others were just like you. They would not acknowledge it and those people were the closest to me. I don't know the reason why, but I suspect that they viewed cancer as a death sentence, when in reality it's a life sentence and I mean that in a positive way.

Living with cancer is the best thing that could have happened to me. It changed my outlook on life and shifted my priorities around. Things that bothered me back then, don't mean a hill of beans now.

Please don't take this the wrong way. Be quiet for a time if you must, but eventually please think about opening up to your Mom. Tell her how you feel. She needs that. Talking about cancer should not be scary. When one family member is diagnosed with cancer, the whole family is diagnosed and all of you will go through treatment with her. Be there. Support her. She needs you and the rest of the family now more than ever.

{{{hugs and prayers}}} Zippy and you have my phone number. Call me if you need to talk. I'm here to be quiet and to just listen.

Love ya
    Slick xoxoxoxo
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

PT Prayers again, Zippy. All that you need.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Many Many prayers will be offered for your Mom and for your whole family.

With much love for you,
    Gini

I'm so sorry to hear this. Your mom will remain in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Oh boy, how frightening for you. It sometimes comes easily to us to pray for someone else, especially if that person is ill, until it hits close to home, then fear can paralyze us. You were wise to reach out to others for prayer until you can find some peace in your soul. Of course, we'll all pray for your mom and I will say a special prayer for you that you'll be able to find this peace. A diagnosis of cancer isn't necessarily a death sentence, sweetheart. Not in this day and age. But I know that right now you're in shock and that word looms large in your mind. Rest assured that God is aware of all that has occurred and will never leave you or your mom. My prayer for you is that you do not have to accept this as permanent, lasting, or even necessary in your lives. God is now dissolving and removing all illness from your mom. This situation does not frighten you, for God is w/you, upholding and sustaining you and making all things right. We will pray without ceasing.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Even though cancer is pervasive throughout my own family, I still don't know how to cope with its diagnosis. You'd think I would know by now after my mother, my sister, my great-nephew, several cousins and a close friend.

You just take one day at a time I guess, but you still end up feeling so unable to figure out what to say, how to think, how to feel. What you have to try to do, although I don't know that I ever achieved it, is not to let it rob you of today - the hours and minutes of our lives. Maybe that is what our Zippy has already discovered.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Tonya, I am so sorry that you and your mom are going through this. I believe that God gives us temporary little cocoons to live in when we have something that is difficult to take in all at once. As you become stronger I know that you will become actively involved in your mom's fight with this awful disease and be a source of strength for her. Your friends here at PT will keep both you and your mom in our prayers. (((hugs)))

Will be thinking of you all
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

much love and prayers on the way!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

{{{{HUGS}}} and prayers sent.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

I woke up this morning with you on my mind Tonya and as I go through a busy work day, you won't be far from my thoughts.

I want to encourage your Mom, you and the family to contact the American Cancer Society. If you log on to the main site and punch in your zip code, it will bring up the closest office to you. They have a wealth of information and I know that they can be a wonderful resource. You have not mentioned the cancer site and I know it's early in the game but it never hurts to get on the internet and find out as much information as you can and write down questions...no matter how dumb you think they are. When it comes time for the doctor's visit, you will are armed and organized. I was so thankful that I did that and I had someone come with me for my first visit with the surgeon.

I did get your email last night and will respond when I get home from work tonight. In the meantime just remember that God will not give you more than He knows you can handle. Do not be mad a Him. If you must, be angry at the cancer.

xoxoxo
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

You & your family will be in my prayers. Cancer can be a very scary word,
    but with early diagnosis & treatment,it doesn't have to be as hard to face.
    I would urge you to learn as much as possible about your Mom's case &
    the methods of treatment she will be facing.Knowledge can be a powerful
    tool to help understand & make good choices to help her & the whole family.

Big (((Hugs))) to you both.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt