Thread: Nathan's first birthday (pictures)

Nathan's first birthday (pictures)

Nathan's first birthday was actually a week and a half ago, on April 17th. His first birthday was nice. My mom had a big bunch of balloons delivered to him. He had a blast playing with those. Then when Justin got off work we gave him his presents. One was a new car which he 'drove' to the park. He wasn't too excited about his cupcake, but that wasn't too surprising. He ended up feeding his cupcake to the dogs, Nacey got most of it.

He weighs 20 pounds, 12 ounces (21 percentile) and he's 29.5 inches tall (44 percentile). He's a little bowlegged and pigeon toed, but his doctor said it's nothing to worry about at this age, it's something that usually corrects itself over time.

He never once got sick his first year of life, but right after his first birthday he got a throat infection, then Roseola. The throat infection is gone now, Amoxicillin cleared it right up. The fever from the Roseola is over, but he's now in the rash stage of it.

Anyway onto the pictures. These are all from the past week and a half.

Feeding Nacey his cupcake

Laying on Jake and Nacey (he wasn't feeling well that day)

These next few are from his birthday party, yesterday. You can see the rash on his cheeks.

On his new 4-wheeler

opening his presents

Falling asleep in his swing

What beautiful pictures! I LOVE that one of him laying on the doggies! That one is framable!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

awww, what a handsome little boy he's growing to be! i know it's no fun having a sick baby on his birthday. doctors thought gavin had mono on his first birthday. feel better soon, nathan!

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATHAN !!!
    You're such a handsome little boy!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Thanks for all your sweet comments.

Luckily he wasn't sick on his actual birthday, he got sick the day after his birthday. We then postponed his party until he was feeling better, he still had a rash, but he was feeling fine.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

It sounds like Nathan is a pretty healthy boy. I know one thing---He's a very handsome boy!! What a cutie pie. I know it's a pleasure to watch his every move.

Happy Birthday Nathan !!!

Great pics, Mom. Thanks for sharing. By the way....I don't think Nacey had a problem with Nathan not liking his cupcake Does he not like sweets or he just wasn't feeling good? I wish I could find a way not to like cupcakes

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah
    By the way....I don't think Nacey had a problem with Nathan not liking his cupcake Does he not like sweets or he just wasn't feeling good? I wish I could find a way not to like cupcakes
    Nacey ate almost the whole cupcake, the other dogs all got a taste, but Nacey got the majority of it.

The main reason Nathan didn't want the cupcake is because he doesn't like to touch "wet" food. He feeds himself dry things like cereal, crackers, and toast, but he hates touching things that are even the slightest bit wet. I expected him to touch it once and not want anything to do with it, but he surprised me and he kept touching it. He wouldn't put it near his mouth though. I tried to give him a bite with a spoon, but he wasn't interested.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Happy Birthday sweet Nathan! Mama, can you believe its been a year alreadY?? So sorry that he has been sick, hope he's all better by now!! the pictures were adorable!!!

Happy First Birthday, sweet Nathan!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Thanks for the info, Kari. That is so interesting.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!