Thread: Been a long time...

Been a long time...

Things are absolutely C-R-A-Z-Y around here. I sometimes feel as if I'm on a roller coaster and the ride forgets to let me off, I just keep going round and round and over hills with steep drops.

Here's a short synopsis of life here in the catnapper hotel:
    Hubby is still out on disability. He's working hard on getting himself healthy. his BP has dropped, but he stills stops time to time to clutch his chest. That scares me like nothing else He has lost some weight - he goes to the Dr. tomorrow for a weigh-in and BP check. He's supposed to be working on telling the kids "no" and not doing such a fantastic job of it (especially when it comes to telling Ashley she needs to be a mom)

Speaking of Ashley.... that girl can be a novel in her own right. At least a soap opera. she has her very own little stalker who does such wonderful things as slice her tires. I could spend all afternoon griping about her, but it'll only succeed in making me grumpy

Hubby's learning a LOT being home all the time. All the little things that drove me nuts.... they're taking him over the edge. Since he's now cleaning and picking up, I don't have to do it, so those little things don't bother me at all anymore LOL

He and I have been walking at least 3 miles a day. We're both doing well with weight loss. I'm doing better than he is!
    Here I am in January -- AFTER about a 10 pound weight loss... yikes!

Here I am two weeks ago.... so far I've lost 41 pounds

We go to parks for walks and take Cameron with us. He prefers to push his stroller instead of ride in it

Cameron is a little sweetie. He's so smart and such a little ball of energy. I asked him to help me put groceries away and he put them all exactly where they belong!

His mom decided to give him another mohawk. Unfortunately, he is nothing more than a fashion accessory to her. She'll take him out only if its somewhere that will get HER lots of attention because she has HIM.

Hubby went and shaved it a few hours after he saw it.

And he LOVES his Nicki. She loves her little boy too. She has come alive again since he's come back. I just wish she would reverse time and become young again. She's so old. One day she's perky and puppy-like. The next she's a sad old girl who doesn't want to get out of bed. She's recently started to have potty accidents too.... I don't think she even realizes she's peed. She's been checked by the vet -- no infection. No problems with blood work. It all came back perfect. the vet just says its old age.

Thats about it. I'm sorry I haven't been around lately. Too much going on with work and my second job and watching Cam when I am actually home. I fall asleep before my head hits the pillow most nights.

Wow, you're but a shadow of your former self! Keep up the good work of taking care of your health. That's wonderful! Now if we can just get that man of yours to follow suit (w/taking care of himself, that is).....
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

WOW - Congratulations on the weight loss. You look fantastic!!

About Nicki and the accidents. Glacier is giving Pirate, her newest old dog, DES and it works. I think she gives it every 5 days. You could check with your Vet and see what he thinks. Glacier said it has worked wonders for Pirate.

You are looking great, girl!

I just love Cam and Nicky! PM Glacier about the DES - it really helped her older dog Pirate. And if Nicky is arthritic, Glacier raves about Metacam.

I really hope your hubby learns to be a DAD to Ashley. Also - although she is not sane, she might have little to do with that stalker. They are a breed apart. I would guess the cops have been notified?

I guess there is no legal way to force Ashley to get an assessment - even in hospital? I just hope you and hubby can get custody of Cam somehow in case she flies off the handle again. But I really believe - as I would guess you do - that firm words from Dad would totally shock her...and might lead to her changing.

At least you are getting some breaks from some household tasks.

HUGS and keep on walkin'!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Kim, thanks for keeping us updated. I'm sorry that your life is such a rollercoaster. You sure look great. Congrats on your weight loss!!!

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Kim ~ You look fantastic! Keep up the great work.
    So glad to hear that hubby is working on his health too.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Kim, you look great!!! Congrats on the weight loss!

But apart from that... wow! Too bad that Ashley can't take her responsibilities as a mother seriously! She has such a cute little boy!!

Kirsten

You look wonderful keep up the good work!

Hope the other aspects of your life take off in the right direction soon.

Great job, Kim!! You look fabulous. I'm so happy to hear that hubby is on the healthy lifestyle too. I don't know how you guys do it. I have little or no patience in such situations. I would have lost control of myself a long time ago. I would be a looney bin resident. Best of luck that everything gets better and better.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Holy S$#@ you look FABULOUS!!!!! I guess stress does that to people.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

So sorry to hear about your family problems, that in itself would be enough to make me pile on the pounds, i just wanted to say you look fantastic, and you are such a pretty woman too, i envey your arms, you have great arms, I only wish, my bat wings would go away forever.

Keep up the good work, you really do look awesome, i can only hope things improve in your home life, take care, HUGS.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

WOW you look GREAT!!!!

Keep up the good work!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

You look fantastic!! I'm coming to walk with you guys!

I hope Grant will start to feel better. Sometimes you don't know if it's better at home or putting up with work. I hope he can get his health improves and he can get back in the swing of things.

Cam is still adorable! Glad the mohawk was shaved off, lol.

Big hugs going out to you guys, and the kitties and doggy too!

Whatever you are doing to lose the weight, please share your strategies. Excellent, excellent, excellent. I am in awe of your achievement. Keep up the good work. If your hubby keeps exercising by walking and follows your eating plan, I would think his health is sure to improve.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France