Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How old are your cats?

How old are your cats?

I'm just curious if there are mostly kittens and one year old kitties here or if there are a few older cats like mine. My cat Sam is 14 years old. I think there are a few other teen kitties here too. So please tell me how old are your cats?

Yes, I have some teenagers in my family of fur balls My oldest is Shoe-shoo and she is 15 this past July. I also have Snuggles who is 14 this past July. They are mother and son.
    They are both very active and Shoe-shoo is my talker of my bunch of 6 babies. I also have Abraham(Abe for short who was 11 last January. My other three are young yet.
    I think that with good Vet care they are staying healthy and active longer and will be with us for many years. I had a 17 year old cat Duffy that I lost last December. That was the oldest I've ever had a cat live. I have had several cats through year.
    Mom to six furballs

Hi Toastco,

My cat has been very healthy too, she's only been to the vet to be spayed as a kitten then for yearly shots after that. The only health problems she has had are the occasional hairball and a little extra weight which we changed her diet for.

Do you have any photos of your cats? I would love to see them. I hope to get some more photos of my cat on here soon.

Hi Vermontcat
    No, I don't have a scanner or a camera to post the pictures of them. My Abe is black and white and his markings are real close to Sam's markings. In fact when I saw your picture I thought Sam was so pretty! He and my Abe could be brothers they look so much alike. Shoe-shoo is a Calico and Snuggles is yellow and white. I hope to in the future be able to post their pictures. I enjoy seeing all the beautiful babies on pet talk. I some times just get on to see the pictures.
    Mom to Six furballs Shoe-shoo,Snuggles, Abraham(Abe) and Dixie who is 9 years old. She is a silver blue color. Midnight is black and he is 7 years old. My last is Shadow a Maine Coon age 4

Sounds like you have a houseful of beautiful cats!

Actually my cat Sam is a girl - Samantha, we call her Sam or Sammy for short. You should check out a thread under Cat Breeds called Black and White Cats that I did a few weeks ago when I started here. I posted one photo of my cat there and you can see lots of others too.

I like to see all the kittens pictures here too since its been such a long time since my cat was a kitten and she's my only one.

Oops --- sorry Sam for calling you a he!!! I should have said you could be a sister to my Abe.
    Thanks for the tip on black and white cats. I will go to that thread and see all of those sweet ones. I have always liked black and white cats. Many years ago I had two black and white one around the time that the Happy Days show was on T V. I named my two balck and white cats Fonzie and Potsey after the two characters on that show. I just notice I spelled black wrong up above here.
    Out of my six, three are strays I took in. Abe came from my brothers cat.
    Thanks again Mom of the six -three teeangers

Jackson is a few months over 12 years.
    Rosie is almost 3 years.
    Twidgit is a little over 16 months.
    Ashton is about 13 months.
    Livvy (our foster) I am not sure, but I would guess about 2 years.
    Scott is owned by 5 cats: Jackson, Fluffy, Twidgit, Ashton, Lexi;
    and 3 dogs: Eli, Sassee, Ginger

Fuzzy317's Pictures

I have three male cats and they are: Storm 6 years old, Pepper 5 years old, and Sunny who just turned 2 today. You can see their pics in my avatar and signature. There are also some other threads with their pics in them.

Hi! I love this! I have always wondered how old everyone's kitties are!

Misty-6
    Tundra-6
    BUddy- 1 y
    Hoss- 1
    Smokey- 2 (years for all of them no cat under 1)

Netherlands (where I'm from) & Germany (where I live)
    We're not sure since they're from the animal rescue group, but we guess they were about 3 when we got them almost 2 years ago.

Rudie: 4 years
    Eddy: 4 years

Mine is 6 years old. His name is Fister and he's an orange tabby.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

My Mimi turned 13 in June of this year.

Butter, we are unsure about, but think he is probably 4-5 years old. We can't wait for him to outgrow his "playful" stage.

Yum Yum is one years old. Duchess is 6 years old.
    "Happiness Is Owning A Human!"

Visit Dutchess & Yum Yum's Website Pleassee:

http://pepeirce.tripod.com/thekittycorner

Thanks for posting everyone!

It's nice to see we have a good range of ages represented here so far. When we get to a certain number of responses I will total them up and see what is the most common age as well as who is the oldest and youngest here.

We have Misty and she is 5 and will be 6 in December. We had Samantha and she was with us for 13 and a half years her heart got weak.
    Misty's Mom