Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Dog Breeds

nyone know PrittyKitty007? She emailed ndi e'ed her back butit didn't get thru. HElp!! nd how do i post pics here of my pup??

I had a rottweiler (he got stollen) & when he was a puppy he was box trained (he'd sleep in his box ect.), when he was about 9 mounths old, I put myself in a BIG box & started to call him... when he found me he was so mad that I was in a box he riped the bax apart. when he finally could smell my finger thru a whole he licked my finger & went out of control ripping up this box untill I was safely out of the box...... I remeber one time I took him down to the river around where I live... I was only 11 & I was splashing in the water... he came running in the water (he was tied up he chewed thru his rope), he got in the water grabed me by my shirt & drug me back to the river bank... Now if that isn't love I don't know what is... he got stollen 5 years ago... & I have another rottie that when ever I ride my horses he gets mad becauses I'll yell at them or something, & he'll start barking his head off.... he broke out of the house once came running to me & stood infront of me growling at my horse..... I love my rottie & I'd do anything for him

Originally posted by Mallerie23:
    I love most dogs, but the one that I can't stand is the pitt bull! they are mean! One time a pitt bull tried to bit me! Luckily I got away but I've been scared of them ever since. Got any replies on that?
    Thats not fare, my first dog was a pitt bull. she was the best babysitter I've ever had. & we got her from the pound, she was abused, & the day we got her was the day she was gonna be put down.... I'd never trade her for anything.. untill the (to put it nicely) stupid speeding people on my road who don't look out for animals, hit my dog.. SHE WAS THE BEST!!!!!! & I STILL LOVE HER.. it's not bad dogs it's bad handlers & Trainers!!!!!~~~~~!!!!!!~~~~~!!!!!!~~~~~~

My cuosin has 2 great dane bros, Pinky and Brain, the black handsome dominant smart one is Brain and the mischeivious white-black-spotted slightly stupid crooked-earsed one is Pinky. Very appropriate names huh. Well, Brain is usually very wellbehaved and gentle around guests (especially childern) and when we cme to visit, my lil sis came over to pet Brain after the helloes were over. He snapped t her, but didn't do anything except slobber alittle, but it really wasn't like him! Pinky was more likely to do that- and Brain wasn't provoked or anything! Is that a dominance display or something?? Pleez help!

So how do i put pics of woofies on here??

We have searched for years for the perfect dog for my family. We love all large breeds-they seem to be the most tolerant of children. Currently we have a Bernese mountain dog. We chose this breed over the Great Pyrennes. Once we have a home built on some acreage we own, we will be adding the Great Pyrennes, Alaskan malamute, and Bouvier de Flanders to our family. We had a rottweiller named Dante. He was a great family pet, but we had to place him with a friend because we were moving to a small apartment with no yard. He was great with children and followed me everywhere i went. We have also had Pekingnese and Cocker Spaniels. Way too much competition for attention with the children! Sorry, BIG dogs only from now on.

Well I have the SMARTEST dog in the world..Hes a German Shepherd/Pit bull mix..So i would have to say The American Pit Bull Terrier first then I have always wanted a German Shepherd...Or i could say the Simba dog..Thats my dogs name...Hes the smartest dog i knoe... I tell him to go to bed he goes in my room and jumps up on my bed..I tell him to go to his room he walks straight to his room...he knoes tons of tricks like roll over,sit pretty,he flips a treat off of his nose,he crawls on the floor,he stops ,drops and rolls, and he says "I Love You" sometimes it doesnt sound like i love you but he gets 3 syllabals out. He is very protective over me, If someone were to hit me he jumps up and bites them in the thigh, If he hears 1 lil sound outside he barks. If he didnt knoe you and you walked in you would be Torn up from your head to toes. Although he is protective he is GREAT with kids. He loves playing with the Neighbor kids.....If they are younge or Old kids...And it seems weird allthough he doesnt like men he loves "old people". His full name is Simba Warrick K. I got Warrick from the football player on Buccaneers Warrick Dunn #28, Hes my favorite player and the bucs are my favorite team.. Simba plays football with me and he runs just like Warrick. He is 2 years old and I saved him from The St. Pete SPCA. The first day I brought him home he bit my mom 2 times because he was scared. The first 4 weeks or so he would not leave my side or let anyone else touch him except for me. If he ever died i would cry the rest of my life and there will never be another dog to replace him. He is the best compainion ive ever had. I love him!

My favorite breed has to be the Papillon. They are beautiful, intelligent, lively, easy to train, easy to groom, have no doggie odor and very little dander (for the allergy sufferers out there), are inexpensive to feed, are inexpensive to take to the vet, are wonderful and loyal companions, and very easy to clean up after. For those people who like to do activities with their dogs, they excel at obedience and agility. They are in the top five breeds of dog selected for agility and the number one toy dog based on points and titles earned in obedience. They are very good in public and are, therefore, easy to take with you. And what a personality! They have this look that just screams "Come and say hi to me!" All this and you can control the dog with one finger in the leash loop when they pull their hardest. This may be the ideal breed!

I do not, however, recommend the dog for people with insecurities or with small, unruly children. If you feel that you need a dog for personal protection (and I pity you if you do) or to boost your macho image, this dog is not for you. This dog will alert you to intruders, but the intruder would have to trip over the dog for the dog to be effective. The dog will attract all kinds of kind, dog-loving people, including attractive women and men whichever you are interested in meeting (kind of counteracts the necessity for the macho dog, huh?). Small children also have a tendency to literally break this dog due to its fine bone structure. This isn't a problem if you can train your kids...

Rottweilers, overweight??? There are sooo many of them. I own a 3 year old male. We watch his weight VERY closely.

Because we do, some people are surprised that he's 3 and he's not very big (or, maybe they mean fat!)

Border Collies, Border Collies, and nothing but Border Collies! I am the proud owner of four beautiful Border Collies...Elmo, a sable and white male; Ditto, a black and white female; Zen, a red and white male; and Echo, a tricolor female. The thing I love the most about Border Collies is their intelligence and the fact that you very rarely see two BC's look the same. You can see photos of my K9 kids on our 'little home on the web' ...http://www.homepagez.com/tailsawaggin

I have a female "Taco Bell" look alike chihuahua that's now 12 years old. I have a rottweiler puppy who's 6 months old. I also have 2 cats whom both dogs love. My chihuahua, Minnie and my rott, Zeus play together fine. I'd have to say though that Minnie definately is the boss of the house. I can't say that I have a favorite breed. I can say that a dog is only as good as its teacher. Dogs aren't born mean they are only products of their environment, so of course if they are taught to be mean and aren't properly socialized they will be mean. Taking care of any animal is a big responsibiliy and should be given lots of thought.

Originally posted by salina:
    I have a female "Taco Bell" look alike chihuahua that's now 12 years old. I have a rottweiler puppy who's 6 months old. I also have 2 cats whom both dogs love. My chihuahua, Minnie and my rott, Zeus play together fine. I'd have to say though that Minnie definately is the boss of the house. I can't say that I have a favorite breed. I can say that a dog is only as good as its teacher. Dogs aren't born mean they are only products of their environment, so of course if they are taught to be mean and aren't properly socialized they will be mean. Taking care of any animal is a big responsibiliy and should be given lots of thought.
    OH my...you sure do have your hands full with all your animals...i bet thats challenge..haha.. sometimes i have a hard enough time trying to take care and my 11month old pup..or should i say dog since she'll be a yr old next month....but i totally agree with you on how the dog is gonna behave.. if the dogs is well trained and learn good behaviors then itll learn and stay that way...its all about training your dog....

I would have to say that my favorite dog ever has been my aussie mix, Graham. As much as I love my pug, and loved my past canine friends, Graham and I have an amazing, one-of-a-kind relationship. I know I will never find another like him, I struck gold. My next breed will be a GSD, but I am pretty set on a German import from exceptional breeding simply because I have seen some very poorly bred GSD's and I don't want to have that happen to me. The people with wonderful, friendly, extremely easy to train and willing to please GSD's who were rescues were very lucky.

Adore,
    Yes, I, too, feel that I was lucky to find two GSDs from a shelter who are so loving and willing to learn!!
    Sue

------------------
    ***Save a life, ADOPT***