Thread: Latest Foster Pups - Updated 4/29

Latest Foster Pups - Updated 4/29

Thought I would introduce my latest foster dogs. Briana is a Boston Terrier mix about 2 1/2 months old, Gracie is a spaniel pup about 14 weeks old and Kasey is a Cocker Spaniel about 2-3 years old. Poor Kasey had been attacked by an animal prior to coming to us and had a huge gash in his abdomen/hindquarters area. All three came from a shelter in Gaffney, SC. (The same one that has been in the news lately about using the heartstick for euthansia when it is against state law).

Briana and Gracie

Kasey

Last edited by clara4457; 04-29-2008 at 05:14 AM. Reason: Update

Jack and Jill in a different foster home

This is Jack and Jill - also adorable and sweet as can be. They are in a different foster home. They are about 8 months old and pretty large already, but sweet as can be.

Jack

Jill

Oh, those eyes! Hard to resist!
    I've Been Frosted

They are all adorable, but I think I would find Gracie particularly difficult to give up.

They are all very cute, but I think Briana is the one that should accidently show up on my doorstep!

What cute fosters you have there!

Where do you work in Buffalo? I was just up that way, to the Tonawanda SPCA a couple weeks ago for a seminar about animal behavior evaluations.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

They're all adorable, but I love Gracie - what a beautiful pup.

I instantly got LES when I saw Kasey's picture. I am partial to Cockers and his story about being attacked is so sad. He has the saddest little eyes.
    I'm so glad they are with you and you will find them perfect forever homes.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by lv4dogs
    What cute fosters you have there!

Where do you work in Buffalo? I was just up that way, to the Tonawanda SPCA a couple weeks ago for a seminar about animal behavior evaluations.
    Ohhh I wish I would have known, we could have met up. We work all over, we have foster homes in Erie, Niagara and Monroe counties. We also work with SPCA a great deal. As a matter of fact, we are in the process of working with the SPCA and the other rescue groups to open a high volume, low cost spay/neuter clinic in the area. It should be open in mid June, so we are very excited about it.

Definitely the next time you are in Buffalo let me know - we'll meet for coffee or drinks!

All your fosters are adorable! I must say I am very partial to Jack and Jill. I've been meaning to ask you this for a while because I noticed you are obviously heavy in rescue. How many animals do you have in your house at one time usually? Do you have dogs of your own? And did you ever have a foster failure? I can tell you right now, if I had all those sweet faces in my house I'd be a foster failure five times over.

What a nice group of foster pups! Glad to see they are with you and the other foster home; I am sure they will all find great homes soon. I hope Kasey is not afraid of other dogs? Sugar was after her attack by the bull mastiff. It took me almost 4 months of work to be able to walk her without having her shaking in fear when another dog barked a block away.

I am glad that you and others CAN foster; as it is clear that I can NOT. And there is such a need for foster homes. Sigh. Not all of us are cut out to do it, however. I've kept all but one foster kitten, and 2 of 4 foster dogs. Best wishes! Sandie

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee
    I instantly got LES when I saw Kasey's picture. I am partial to Cockers and his story about being attacked is so sad. He has the saddest little eyes.
    I'm so glad they are with you and you will find them perfect forever homes.

Aww, me too. Kasey's eyes say it all. I wish I could hug him.

You have quite a good group of pups & I wish the very best for all of them.

Thank you for all the great work that you do.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Maltese_Love
    All your fosters are adorable! I must say I am very partial to Jack and Jill. I've been meaning to ask you this for a while because I noticed you are obviously heavy in rescue. How many animals do you have in your house at one time usually? Do you have dogs of your own? And did you ever have a foster failure? I can tell you right now, if I had all those sweet faces in my house I'd be a foster failure five times over.
    I have 3 dogs of my own and usually only have one other foster dog - but pups are easier since I can put them in an x-pen to play outside (plus they don't count against the dog limit in my area). I do have to try to distance myself emotionally from the foster dogs - otherwise I could never give them up. They live in a separate area as my resident dogs, and ALWAYS get crated overnight, while my resident dogs sleep with me. To me that is how I keep a slight distance. The foster dogs are baby-gated in my kitchen/dining room area. The dining room also serves as my office, so they get a lot of attention and time with me, but they don't really integrate into my life since they don't sleep with me or hang out while I'm taking a shower like my own dogs do

Since I already have 3 dogs and am so busy between my paid job and the rescue work, I always have in my mind that these dogs need a home where they are going to get the care and devotion that I can't possibly give them with that much going on. It isn't much different than being a shelter worker that loves the animals, but is thrilled to help them find a home of their own where they will get the life they deserve.

There have been a few dogs that have really captured my heart and are difficult to let go, but I usually stay in touch with the adopters and do get the occasional email and picture that helps me realize that I did the right thing. Besides - if I kept them, another dog would not have the same chance.

Barney is the only foster failure I have had and honestly, I would have been very happy to find him a home - but no one wanted an older dog with some chronic health issues. I care about him a great deal, but I can't honestly say that I have the same bond with him that I do with Leo and Penny (whom I chose to adopt).

Fostering can be tough, but it is immensely rewarding. I can't honestly imagine not having that sense of accomplishment and well being I get from doing it.
    Last edited by clara4457; 04-29-2008 at 08:04 AM. Reason: spelling (pet peeve - I must have been tired)

All but Jill are Adopted!!!

Just wanted to let you know that Briana, Gracie and Jack are all adopted and in their new homes. Kasey is pending and will be going to his new home in a couple of days. Jill is still available, but has a great application and they are going to meet her this weekend.

Jill is just a sweetheart and I'm sure she will capture someone's heart very soon.

Good work! Little Kasey touched my heart as well. My Tucker can whip out that same Cocker look. It breaks my heart every time.

My, you certainly can be knee deep in dogs and have quite a good arrangement for accommodating everyone. A big thank you for doing this work. You are one of the angels on this earth.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France