Thread: RIP Savannah

Hybrid View

RIP Savannah

Yesterday in one of local papers, there was a story about a woman who adopted a cat in 2001. The cat had been left at a nearby plant and was brought to the area by another neighbor, but the other woman ultimately adopted her and named her Savannah.

Savannah was used to the outdoors and as our neighborhood is pretty safe (or so we thought), Savannah stayed out most of the time, visiting neighbors, being a friendly ambassador on the street and staying close to home.

A week ago, Judy, the woman who adopted her, was walking her dog and the dog kept barking and acted agitated. He led her to her back steps and there was Savannah, under the steps with blood on her.

They rushed her to the vet and by x-ray found that the cat had been shot with a high powered air rifle. She died a few hours later.

I didn't know Savannah or Judy, but the story broke my heart. Here was a lovely innocent animal that was brutally killed for no reason at all. The police are investigating, but who knows if the killer will ever be found?

Rest peacefully, Savannah. You were loved and will be missed.
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

What a disgusting story, and I hope the ones who shot Savannah rot in hell.
    Rest In Peace Savannah, you will have a special pair of wings when you get to the bridge.
    Just know that on this earth there are humans who would do anything for cats and that not all humans are evil.
    We are thinking of you....Kate & Sunny xx

Stories like this make me so angry. Savannah was a good will ambassador and the person who killed her will reap his/her karma. At least now Savannah knows no pain and will be waiting for her loved ones to greet them one day. RIP, sweet Savannah.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Talking

That Is A Sad Story As Savannah Will Not Only Be Missed By His Giiardians But By All The People Who Knew Him, And Petted Him And Left Him Things To Eat.
    I Am Particullarly Sad As I Have Known Ambassadors Like Savannah, Like Orange Blossom, Scratchy And Roadblock And Nugget All Big Visitors Who Could Charm A Bowl Of Food Or Shelter On A Bad Night.
    I Hope She Keeps An Eye Out For Savannah As He Will Still Drop By His Old Neoghborhood To Keep An Eye On Things And Will Also Have A Place Where He And His Guardians Can Meet Once More.
    One Fine Day.

Thank you all for your kind words; I am going to write a note to Judy and include your thoughts as well as my condolences. It just hurts to know that there are such cruel people in the world and in my neighborhood.
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

I hope there was a witness or two...a high powered rifle is hard to miss. Idiots!

RIP Savannah...you were so loved...Please whisper in Judy's ear and let her know you are just fine and at the Bridge.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda