Thread: Please sign this petition

Please sign this petition

Hi all, This is a very serious matter...

In the 2007, the 'artist' Guillermo Vargas Habacuc, took a dog from the street, he tied him to a rope in an art gallery, starving him to death.

For several days, the 'artist' and the visitors of the exhibition have watched, emotionless the shameful 'masterpiece' based on the dog's agony, until eventually he died.

But this is not all... the prestigious Visual Arts Biennial of the Central American decided that the 'installation' was actually art, so that Guillermo Vargas Habacuc has been invited to repeat his cruel action for the biennial of 2008.

Let's STOP HIM!!

Click on the folowing link :

"><http://www.petitiononline.com/13031953/petition.html> <http://or just copy it in your browser to sign a petion to stop him to do it again, then digit the name Guillermo Vargas Habacuc to find the petition to sign. www.petitiononline.com/13031953/petition.html <http://www.petitiononline.com/13031953/petition.html> >

Please do it.

It's free of charge, there is no need to register, and it will only take 1 minute to save the life of an innocent creature.

Please also send this e-mail to as many contact as you can... Let's stop him!!!

If you want to double check all the above informations you can google the name of the 'artist' to see all I have just said corresponds to truth, .

Thank you

here is the sickos website should you want to contact him personally.....
    http://guillermohabacucvargas.blogspot.com/
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=141252

This was posted in the Dog House a few days ago...worth reading. There are also a number of reports that say it did not happen as initially reported. Have a look.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Sooooooo disturbing! I forwarded it to everyone on my aol list at the risk of upsetting them too (I put a warning). God forbid he chose to save one dog instead of exploiting him. Maybe we can prevent it from happening again.

Mine was forwarded from WetNose (an animal charity). It seems this so-called artist is trying to justify what he did as a way of highlighting animal cruelty

Ummm...did either of you read the all the posts in the other thread and check the last few links? It is possible that the dog did NOT die. Witnesses say that the dog was fed and watered through the day. He WAS at least returned to the streets he came from, which also sucks.

Thet point of his exhibit was to show people how apathetic they were - how no one would 'step in' - and no one did.

It totally backfired on him, and I certainly disagree with him doing it again.

He should have adopted that dog last year to make things right, IMO

I checked out the other thread after my last post and was somewhat relieved to hear that possibly the dog was only on "display" for a few hours and was fed and watered and allowed to roam freely during the other hours and that he "escaped" back to the streets the same night. I forwarded that website to my aol friends as well. Hopefully, he was trying to bring awareness to the plights of the starving dogs in Nicaragua and that would be a good thing but the whole exhibit makes me sick. I much rather read about the soldiers in Iraq who arrange to have the strays they care for shipped back to the states.

Actually, according the artist himself (reported in the media, so who knows ), the artist wanted to show how apathetic people were - that they wouldn't step in and help the poor dog.

Nothing to do with animal cruelty at first....though I think he got a really intense education on that afterwards!

Was too steamed to read anything at the time Still don't agree with his methods but don't actually want to string him up by his whatsits now

Denise, I am SURE his whatsits are in GREAT demand by now! Let's see....organic cotton or neoprene rope? Decisions, decisions....

Was thinking cheese wire.....................

LOL!

Or an over-the-edge version of The Nutcracker Suite? (sorry to our menfolk... .)

Hee hee