Thread: Vaccine problems?

Vaccine problems?

A few days ago we took our dog to the vet to get his annual DHLPP-CVK vaccination. I'm not sure if it's coincidence, but he hasn't been eating and is eating grass when we let him outside. When I took him on a walk yesterday he defecated a lot of water. He has gone through the same thing after he ate some cat food or when it's a hot day. Apart from that he's been acting like he usually does with no behavioral changes.

Basically what I'm asking if there can be any problems after getting the DHLPP-CVK vaccine. So far I haven't found anything through online searches.

Thanks.

I'm not sure about reactions to that specific vaccine, but I do know that yes, sometimes dogs (and cats) can have adverse reactions after being vaccinated.

The fact that he is is having very watery diarrhea is a cause for concern; make sure he is getting LOTS of fluids because he can become dehydrated very fast... try adding water to his food if he won't drink more. If it is still a problem in a day, I would take him back in to the vet pronto.

Also, dogs don't necessarily eat grass because they're sick. They eat it just to eat it. It's a wives' tail that they do it because they're sick

facebook

Kia had a reaction to ProHeart 6, so yes, like Jessika said, dogs can have adverse reactions to vaccinations.

Mine have never had an adverse reaction to their DHLPP vaccine, but I wouldn't hesitate in taking your dog back to the vet.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I fed him and took him on a walk like usual, and when he went to the bathroom I noticed some red in his stools. It didn't look like blood, but I'm not exactly sure either. There was also a dark spot on the stool, which I think may be some undigested food which he shouldn't have eaten.

Better safe than sorry, IMO.

When Charlie would get stressed out he would get diarrhea and it would have blood in it because... not quite sure how to word this but... the diarrhea was "acidic" or "hot" I guess and it just irritated his anus and made it bleed... it was bright red and it was a lot, lol.

If you're unsure, you can always put it in a ziplock baggie and take it in to have it analyzed by the vet. In some places you don't even have to call ahead or time or have an appointment.

facebook