Thread: the cruel killings of cats in china

the cruel killings of cats in china

The chinese are cruely killing cats because of thinking they cause fatal disease which was proven untrue.
    They are brainwashing their people to believe this horrible thing.
    A teacher beat to death a couple cats..at least one pregnant cat outside the schoolyard.
    People are putting their domestic cat pets outside for redmption to be picked up and brought to death camps.
    They take house cats...squish them in crates to be halled off to be killed.
    please write in.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1811

You can use this down below format below (but preferably your own,maybe not as harsh as this/your call)to write in to the China Embassy.Just copy and paste and write your name underneath and city state.you need to write down your full Name,City and State

Dear Sirs:
    With all the controversy surrounding the Olympics in your country regarding Tibet, do you really need to further turn public opinion against your country by killing cats. This is just another "black eye" for your country. If this is what you do to encourage visitors, I hope you never host another Olympics.
    Cats do not cause illness. In fact, they help eliminate it by getting rid of rodents which can cause illness.
    I am sickened by your treatment of these animals. In past years, I read that you eliminated birds from your country by even paying a bounty to school children for dead birds they had killed. Yet, where did SARS originate?
    Obviously, your thoughts on eliminating illness are skewed.
    I hope you reconsider your policy before cats become extinct in China.
    Very truly yours,
    name
    address,city/state

email to this chinese government address:

Chinese Embassy
    2300 Connecticut Ave. NW
    Washington, DC 20008
    Tel: (202) 328-2500
    Fax: (202) 232-7855
    Email: [email protected]
    Last edited by catfamily; 04-13-2008 at 06:35 AM.

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

The Animal Welfare Association is sending a petition to the Chinese Embassy in Ottawa, not that a country that cares so little about thier people will care all that much about animals.
    Why do we buy so much from these people and have things made there when it turns out to be so much crap?????
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I'm a life long animal lover and am proud to say I raised Soncat to love and respect all the creatures on God's earth. He has often said, "You can see how people will treat other people by the way they treat animals" I have to agree.
    This type of cruel indifference to all living things will do nothing positive for China's image in the world community. The situation with Tibet makes the news every night and now this. Not only will I send an e-mail to the Chinese embassy, I intend to make sure that all my animal loving friends know about this senseless and wanton cruelty which is based on pure lies and will encourage them to stand up and make their outrage known.
    Going to China for the games is out of the question but I will say this; I will boycott in other ways...I will NOT watch any of the games and will let the television station carrying coverage know why in no uncertain terms!! In addition I will NOT purchase any item that in any way promotes or supports China's hosting of the Olympics this or any other year.
    Thank you so very much for giving us this heads-up!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

catfamily....I believe they KNOW they are lying. Thanks for starting this off!

Here is my letter - going by email AND fax to the Embassy of China, and by fax to the three other Consulates General.

Dear Sirs:

You are certainly aware of controversy surrounding the Olympics in your country regarding Tibet and human rights.

I respectfully and strongly submit that the Chinese government's stand on killing all dogs and cats possible before the Olympics will only make China's international reputation worse. The government has reportedly told Chinese citizens that cats cause SARS - which, by all international knowledge, is false and therefore seen as lying.

Yes, euthanasia - or 'putting animals to sleep" - is sadly widespread in North America. But - it is done humanely - and is not motivated by fear and government instructions.

Animal shelters of all kinds work with community, state, provincial and national governments to come to agreement on the humane treatment of animals and people alike.

Should this unwarranted slaughter succeed - China will, I predict, be overrun with rats and mice. Cats are their natural enemies and hunt them.

I ask, even demand, the Chinese government to contact and work with the organizations at this website: http://www.ccapn.ngo.cn/ (Chinese language, English version available at site): http://www.ccapn.ngo.cn/ If China had contacted these groups before now, other solutions could have been found.

Stop this brutal and unnecessary killing.

Yours very truly,
    Candace C
    Cochrane Alberta Canada
    For the fax, I added something I had forgotten, and tweaked a couple of points:
    Mr. Lu Shumin
    Ambassador of the
    People's Republic of China to Canada
    Fax: 613.789.1911

Dear Sir:

You are certainly aware of controversy surrounding the Olympics in your country regarding Tibet and human rights.

I respectfully and strongly submit that the Chinese government's stand on killing all dogs and cats possible before the Olympics will only make China's international reputation worse. The government has reportedly told Chinese citizens that cats cause SARS - which, by all international knowledge, is false and therefore seen as lying.

Yes, euthanasia - or 'putting animals to sleep" - is sadly widespread in North America. But - it is done humanely - and is not motivated by fear and government instructions.

In many parts of the world, including North America and Europe, animal organizations work with community, state, provincial and national governments to come to agreement on the humane treatment of animals and people alike.

I am very aware that all countries have different cultures from one another, and attitudes towards other people and animals differ. However, China is a member of the international community, particularly with the Internet and instant news reports available around the world, and especially since China is the host of a major international event like the Olympics. It is time for China to enter the spirit of the world that moves towards change, healing, and proper appreciation care for all creation.

Should this unwarranted slaughter succeed - China will, I predict, be overrun with rats and mice. Cats are their natural enemies and hunt them.

I ask very strongly that the Chinese government to contact and work with the organizations at this website: http://www.ccapn.ngo.cn/ (Chinese language, English version available at site). If China had contacted these groups before now, other solutions could have been found.

Stop this brutal and unnecessary killing.

Yours very truly,
    Candace Carnie

Cochrane Alberta
    Canada
    [email protected]

cc: Chinese Consulate General Vancouver 604.737.0514
    Chinese Consulate General Toronto 416.324.6468
    Chinese Consulate General Calgary 403.264.6656
    Last edited by Catty1; 04-13-2008 at 07:28 PM.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

THANK YOU again, Candace.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I sent the letter along to a number of friends...also forwarded it to our Prime Minister Stephen Harper and Foreign Affairs Minister Maxime Bernier (Bernier is a male, for those not familiar with the Gallic idioms).

Mr and Mrs Harper are also very active with every Humane society in whose city they happen to live. There is a TON of info on this part of the PM's site, and they encourage fostering.

http://pm.gc.ca/eng/feature.asp?pageId=73

Prime Minister Harper with two foster kittens at 24 Sussex Drive

PS...I wouldn't vote for the man and his party...they are quite right-wing. However, each one of us does at least ONE thing right!

Thank You soooo much everyone.
    Thank You Candice for your excellent letter (s).
    Well appreciated...I knew I needed to start a new Thread on this and with all your work in your letter (s) Candice and everyone else...I am so Very Gald I got this going again.
    Thanks so much all of you.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

It is important to keep writing when you can too, I sent a lot of letters to various places including the Chinese prime minister about the dog and cat fur trade last year. I didn't have a reply, but I felt that I had to do something. People together can change the world if they try. Let's hope they'll listen.
    Hopefully with China now that the world's eye is on them, they will perhaps start to change things, their human rights are terrible so what can we expect for their poor animals, particularly cats and dogs which are eaten in restaurants and treated like, if you'll forgive me, shit.

I will send an e-mail as well.

I will try to send to a fax later today as well.

This is just so horrible. I want to go over China and save those babies right now.

This just makes me so sick that people can be this cruel.

Melissa

This is awesome(everyone writing in)...Thank You Everyone.
    Lets just hope something good comes out of all the letters we send in.

Lets just hope something good comes out of all the letters we send in.
    Look at a full bucket of water...each tiny drop is essential to it!

I shared your post (hope you don't mind) with several animal lovers here in my office and you can be sure they will be passing it along to others who will be outraged, sickened and appalled! You have done a tremendous and charitable act by bringing this to our attention so that our voices of protest and disgust will be heard. These poor, helpless cats & dogs have no voice so it's up to us to speak up for them loud and clear. Let's continue to get the word out everywhere so that more voices can join in from around the world!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

This reminded me of something that happened to me last week, there is a stray siamese boy that hangs out by where my daughter does her sports. I always get out of the car and pet him, I have talked to the owner of the facility about him, she feeds hiim but that is it. I am tempted to take him, he is not feral and he is adorable with him blue cross eyes.

One day I was petting him and a small boy came out and said "can I pet him", his mom shouted "NO I DON'T WANT YOU TOUCHING IT" it made me so mad, what did she think he would get from the kitty?
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

WSPA sent this information to my friend.

If you are sending out an email to friends you might also suggest they contact their consulate (a branch of the embassy) in whatever region they reside. Here’s a list of the consulates, and this also lists where they serve. We have approached consulates regarding animal welfare issues, and it is acceptable to protest directly to them.

Consulate General ( Chicago ) Address: 100 West Erie St , Chicago IL 60610
    Tel: (312) 803 0095, Fax (312) 803 0110 Email: [email protected]

(for residents of Illinois , Indiana , Michigan , Minnesota , Wisconsin , Iowa , Missouri , Kansas and Colorado )

http://www.chinaconsulatechicago.org/eng

Consulate General ( Houston ) Address: 3417 Montrose Blvd. Houston , TX 77006 USA
    Tel: 1 (713) 526-4311, Fax (713) 524 8466, 524-0780 Tlx: 762173 Email: [email protected]

(for residents of Texas , Louisiana , Mississippi , Alabama , Georgia , Florida , Arkansas and Oklahoma )

http://www.chinahouston.org/eng

Consulate General ( New York ) Address: 520 12th Ave. , New York , NY 10036 , USA
    Tel: 1 (212) 244 9456, (212) 279 4275, 330-7427/8, Fax (212) 502 0245
    Tlx: 429134 (for residents of New York, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Vermont, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Maine, New Jersey and Ohio)

Chinese Consulate-general in New York

http://www.nyconsulate.prchina.org/eng

Consulate General ( San Francisco ) Address: 1450 Laguna St. San Francisco , CA 94115 , USA
    Tel: 1 (415) 674-2900, 563-4874, (415) 928 6931, Fax (415) 563 4861 Email: [email protected]
    Tlx: 4970121 (for Northern California, Oregon , Nevada , Washington or Alaska )

Chinese Consulate-general in San Francisco

http://www.chinaconsulatesf.org/eng

Consulate General ( Los Angeles ) Address: 443 Shatto Place , Los Angeles , CA 90020 , USA
    Tel: 1 (213) 807 8088, 380-3104, 380 2506 Email: [email protected]
    Fax: 1 (213) 380-1961 (for residents of Southern California, Arizona , New Mexico and Hawaii )

Chinese Consulate-general in Los Angeles

http://losangeles.china-consulate.org/eng/

I hope this is helpful!

~ Ruth

Ruth Morse

Supporter Liaison

World Society for the Protection of Animals (WSPA)

Lincoln Plaza

89 South St., Suite 201

Boston, MA 02111

617.896.9231 (direct)

[email protected]

www.wspa-usa.org

http://www.wspa-usa.org/pages/127_subscriptions.cfm

Do animals matter to you?

Help us achieve recognition and protection of animals around the world:
    www.animalsmatterusa.org