Thread: Kitty prizes?

Kitty prizes?

I noticed that it's lizard time again and no matter what I do, they always get in the house. Churchy, having been raised outside, knows just what to do with them (ewwww!) but Toby and Dixie don't. Dixie will "play" and poke a few claws in them but she's very possessive and Toby will watch it from afar, lol.

It seems cruel to let Dixie jab at it but Churchy eats them too fast for me to get it away. I try to get them from Dixie before it's death but most times, by the time I get it, it's half dead anyway.

At what point do you take their prizes away?

If it a mouse, very quickly as they can become ill, if they eat the mouse and absorb the poison.
    I am not sure about lizards as I am sure Cats have been eating there for yeras, but then again you dont want lizard parts brought up by your little hunter all over the rug.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

There's not a lizard with a tail anywhere near our house. Cocoa doesn't realize they are edible so he would play with them "untill their batteries run out". Now, he will actually bring them to me while they are still alive and I take them out of the house. I have found that Cocoa tires them out enough that I can catch them, otherwise they are too speedy. If I'm not around I will find their carcass later (eww!). If you can get it outside while it's still kicking, that would be the best.

This came in handy when he caught a baby bird and I was able to get it from him. Somehow he knows they are not toys now!
    Cathy loves Cocoa Kitty.
    http://cocoakitty.net