Thread: Sunny's Bullying Storm Again!!!

Sunny's Bullying Storm Again!!!

Hi, Storm is my 12 year old alpha male and has always been the alpha. Sunny will be 8 in August and he's been slowly trying to take over Storm's alpha position. Last Summer was horrible and Storm started peeing on my carpet due to stress and then poor Starr started doing the same thing. I don't want this to happen again. I'm currently still using feliway plugins and I've also been using the spray up and down my hallway and in other areas that aren't close to the plugins.

The last few days I've noticed that Sunny's been attacking Storm again and cornering him. Storm doesn't seem to fight back and he's been taking a calming herbal pill which has helped him a lot. Some one also peed on one of my old bed spreads that I had covering up some litter which is in a bag. I found this on Sat. night. Now I'm afraid that pee wars may start up again. Is there anything else that I can do? Thanks in advance.

Can you buy two baby half doors & close off one bedroom for temp seperation?? That is what I do at my house.. I have one big bedroom with half doors just for temp seperation.. Sorry to hear about the wars again.. Good Luck Tracey & keep us posted..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

No, that wouldn't work because they'd just jump over it. I live in a 2 bedroom/2bathroom condo and I rent out the other bedroom so I don't have much space. They all come and go as they please in my bedroom and the kitchen, living room,dining room,and hallway. My roommate keeps her bedroom door closed. I sure wish that I lived in a big house then I probably wouldn't be having these problems.

I have similar issues at my home and use temporary separation to solve it but our home has some extra rooms which makes it possible.
    I once contacted a pet psychic about my cat Jimmy constantly cornering and attacking one of my other cats. Jimmy is such a sweet boy but for some reason he had it out for Sneakers. The psychic 'communicated' with both Jimmy and Sneakers and had a few things to say but one of the solutions was to provide a place way up high for Sneakers to escape to. She said that Sneakers told her that there was nowhere available for her to truly escape to and she wished I would give her a place up high. That same afternoon we set something up for her and she got onto it right away and there was so much peace in the house. We also did some other things like spray a diluted lavender scent onto a towel and pad Sneakers down with it to mask the scent that Jimmy was having a problem with but that probably wouldn't help your situation?
    Is there a way that you could provide a shelf up high that Storm could spend time on when Sunny is feeling like a bully? I know that if Storm could get to the shelf, so could Sunny but Sunny might be happy if Storm is just 'somewhere' else other than in his space. It might help since your place is a bit smaller and extra rooms are not available.

It does make it easier Tracey to live in a big house.. You know I have said before that my house is large & so my babies can go in seperate directions if they want & dont have to see each other is they dont want.. Then my garage is attached with a kitchen door in which a couple of the babies like to hang out in the garage.. Maybe you can call a Pet Psychic??

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz
    I sure wish that I lived in a big house then I probably wouldn't be having these problems.

Don't be so sure about that one! I have a 5BR house, and I still have pee wars going on.

Know anything that REALLY works to get it out of hard wood floors that are older and not as thoroughly finished?? I have a few places where they've peed and I just can't get it out of the hard wood. The back door has to be the worst at this point. It goes into this gully between the linoleum and the door and it's just disgusting. I try to get it as much as I can, but nothing is working completely, and they keep remarking it. I think it's the girls doing this actually. I wish I would have had my deck guy replace the whole doorstep area with the Trexx, and not just the step out to the deck.

Sometimes I wonder which battles I'm actually winning. I try to clean up one area, and keep it off limits only to have them start in another area. First it was the basement, I cleaned and closed that off. Then it was the 3rd floor. Cleaned and closed that off (and then put the fosters in there, who were well behaved... such irony, since they couldn't find permanent homes). Now it's a battle in the kitchen, the corner of the stairs to the 2nd floor, and the spare litter room (which has actually been much better since I ripped out the carpet a few weeks ago).

I don't know about you, but I'm really tired of smelling cat pee.

Thanks everyone. I've already contacted Nancy the pet psychic in the past and she told me that Sunny was trying to take over and that he wouldn't be a very good leader at all. After last summer's pee problems I thought that things were finally calming down here. Now it's spring and things are getting crazy again. I e-mailed my holistic vet and I asked her if Storm's Calm Spirit Teapills would also be able to help Sunny. Hopefully they will because I have plenty of them and I'd be able to start him on them asapbut they take about 2 weeks to kick in. They've really helped Storm and they don't change his personality they only make him a bit more mellow.

I already have a 7 foot cat tree which Sunny loves to sit on the top of. Storm hasn't been one to like to sit up high for very long. I think it's because he's older now. They all have plenty of beds, boxes, and cubby holes to be in too. For having 6 cats in such a small place, they do get along very well for the most part so I do consider myself very lucky.

Miquelito bullies Pouncierge once in a while and gors through the whole mating ritual. Hes goes behind her, grabs her behind th neck, the whole 9 yards.
    But it only lasts a few seconds and then they are boon companions one more!!!!!!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by catmandu
    Miquelito bullies Pouncierge once in a while and gors through the whole mating ritual. Hes goes behind her, grabs her behind th neck, the whole 9 yards.
    But it only lasts a few seconds and then they are boon companions one more!!!!!!!!
    Don Juan does that with Zerlina, too. I think her yowls translate as: "HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU? I'VE BEEN SPAYED!!!" (Not that he could do much about it if she wasn't.)

Liz
    [b]"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

Well I'm going to try the Calm Spirit Teapills. My holisitic vet said that they can't hurt him but they may not be the right formula for him. I'll see how it goes. Hopefully he'll take them easily.

I'm sure I sound like a broken record by now but Clomicalm has been a godsend for me. Boo is 16 now, has been the alpha male, until Specs came along and he's 7 1/2 now. The pee wars had me ready to boot them both. Clomicalm changed all that. As for getting the pee out, I've used Urine Gone successfully. It takes out the spot completely, even on hardwood, and removes the smell, too. If you haven't already, ask your vet about Clomicalm. It's usually recommended for dogs but my vet gave it to me for Specs and Boo and they've not experienced any side effects whatsoever. Good luck. I know how frustrating this can be.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11