Thread: Athena is at the Vets to be Fixed Today!

Athena is at the Vets to be Fixed Today!

Well this morning all 7 of our cats were begging for food it was crazy. Poor Athena didn't get any food since she had to be at the vets at 8:30 a.m. to be fixed.

Please say a little pray that everything goes well today.

Looks like Athena is probably going to be sticking around maybe but we'll see.

Melissa
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3-18-08 (7).JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	38901   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	March 2 2008 (19).JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	38902  

Prayers that ALL goes well for Athena today!!! This is how we ended up with Molly Meu in 1994!!! " We'll let her stay here until, we find her a good home," Barry. Molly NEVER left. SHe wrapped Barry around her little paws. Molly left for the Bridge on 2/18/08 at age 15!!! Athena will be a bit groggy when she comes home, but she will good as new in a day or two!! Good luck!!!
    Nine is Fine!!

The good thing is the Vets have this operation down pat!!
    The Pet Angels Visitor Association will have a delegation there to talk Athena through the operation so she wont be scared or lonely.
    We know that Athena will be home safe and sound very soon!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

How is Athena doing???
    Nine is Fine!!

I hope little Athena is doing well. She sure is beautiful!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Hi all,

Well Athena is resting just fine. I have some bad news she was pregnant with 4 kittens. She wasn't showing and I had her to 2 different vets and they both said she was just in heat (the 2 vet appts. were for her fiv/felv combo test and check up when we first got her and then the other one was because she couldn't stop sneezing)....I felt so horrible if my husband and I knew she was we wouldn't of had it done.

I felt like crap after I picked her up but we didn't and the vet never called us to let us know that she was with kittens because we would of told her to sew her back up and we'll fix her later.

But no call and we had no clue. I just felt so wrong and still do.

I know many of you will terminate babies because of all the homeless ones but the last time I was dealing with a similar situation I told you all very strongly that I could never do that and would never.

We had Athena here for 1 month and you think she would of starting showing or something but she didn't.

Other than that, she is doing just fine.

Thank you all for your prays,
    Melissa

I am so sorry you're having so much guilt with this. Just remember that Athena is okay and that's the important part. She's healthy and happy with you, and above all - she will forgive you. She knows you were only looking out for her well being.

Please know and remember in your heart that it will be okay.

Hugs going out to you,
    Crystal

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Melissa, please don't beat yourself up over this. Blame the 2 vets that said she was in heat and the vet that never called you, but SHOULD have.

I can only imagine how you feel, but the main thing is that precious Athena came through her spaying just fine.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

You can't blame yourself for something that you didn't even know about. You had Athena's best interests at heart and she's fine now. The kittens knew no pain or suffering and are ready to start all over again in another life. Peace to you.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Yeah I know I should blame my vet for not calling me but in some way I feel I should of said if she looks pregnant please don't operate.

It's so hard because the only signs I might of saw was her nibbles being a little out there but I figured that was because she was in heat and that she was just horny and also she is very small compared to my other cats.

I just wish I would of said that but it's too late now and she is doing well. She was even playing the other night and looked like a kitten playing instead of a 1 year old cat.

Thanks again for the prays.
    Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by rg_girlca
    Melissa, please don't beat yourself up over this. Blame the 2 vets that said she was in heat and the vet that never called you, but SHOULD have.

I can only imagine how you feel, but the main thing is that precious Athena came through her spaying just fine.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

Sweetie - it's possible that if she is such a tiny girl that giving birth to four babies could have been very dangerous for all of them.

{{{hugs}}}. Maybe just put in writing what you want done if a future cat is found to be pregnant, and have the vets put that on your file.

How is Athena today?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Athena is doing just fine today. She's such a cutie.

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1
    Sweetie - it's possible that if she is such a tiny girl that giving birth to four babies could have been very dangerous for all of them.

{{{hugs}}}. Maybe just put in writing what you want done if a future cat is found to be pregnant, and have the vets put that on your file.

How is Athena today?