Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I quit my job...

So many of the comments you have already received are so right on! You are a person with ethics and integrity - don't ever EVER, let anyone wear that side of you down. You are unique and valuable!

Ha - it sure sounds like this place will go down hill rapidly - more than it is now - leaving the duties to the manager and her employee. Their loss - certainly not yours!

There are good things ahead of you - people who will appreciate and value who you are and compensate you appropriately for your hard work.

Now get out there (after a rest for a while) and find that job. And never look back!

The silverware is actually washed. We roll them and leave them on the tables in a empty 6 pack box of Corona. He is just sloppy about it. There would be 2 in on part and on the other side the would be 3. The other day I noticed there was even unwrapped silverware which I know for a fact people think is gross. I KNOW it's not the biggest problem but the fact is it's messy and unprofessional looking. I honestly couldn't believe how little she cared about this. She was more concerned about keeping this new guy and letting him off the hook then actually telling him to be clean. Because it would make her life hell if he were to quit...you know, she'd have to hire someone which guess who would have to train?? I've never in my life heard of such a thing as this. She asked me what could possibly be SO bad that something needs to be done. She made it seem like I'm asking because it's effecting *me* and just me. Yes it does, but most important is the customers. I know no one complains, I wouldn't either. If I went to a pub and it was sloppy I would leave and never come back. I wouldn't bother to complain. So many of our travelers (It's also a motel) complain about her. There aren't Many who talk nicely about her. Most of them moved hotels but still come to the bar. Why? Because they love my mom who always works when they're in. Pretty sure they won't be in again.

She truly has no clue how to manage a business. *I* could do a better job. To be honest, the hotel chain is for sale and will problem close down this fall. The owner was the only one who cared about the place (besides maybe me and my mom, it seems) and since he died it's gone down hill. My mom went to headoffice once. A guest complained. Manager denied what guest complained about. Head office called and asked Manager if it happened. She said the guy was drunk. So mom called and said she had served the guy, he wasn't drunk. Head office calls back asks if this is true, Manager again lies. Headoffice believes manager. It's sooo ridiculous.

Oh and did I tell you about our x-mas party? That was right around the time I had the other trouble with the cook. Manager gave almost everyone a xmas gift...but me. And one of the night shift guys. Honestly, who does that? I didn't want the gift but still, not the point. I would NEVER do that even if I hated the person with a passion. I'd wait till they left or I'd buy everyone something.

I could go on and on with the BS that goes on in this place. I bet anything she will say crap to my regulars that isn't true about why I quit. She'd probably tell them I was fired. Thankfully most of them know her for what she is. I will miss my customers. They were the only thing keeping me there for so long. Can you believe she'd take the guy whose been there 3-4 weeks over someone being there 5? Or in my moms case - 30?! They see us as problems because we stand up for what we feel is wrong.

Anyway I'll shut up about it. Thank you so much everyone for listening to me. I wish there was something I could do to show you my appreciation. Hopefully someday I'll make it to a PT meeting so I can thank you properly

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Audrey, personally I think you handled yourself exceptionally well through everything which has transpired. Your work ethic is so admirable, your expectations of what is reasonable are right on, and your manager's sense of her own job is pathetic. You were in a no win situation and like has already been noted, you are an employee who would be appreciated by a business with competent management. I know it makes you feel crazy to work for someone with such a distorted sense of organization and quality of service. But YOU are not the crazy one. Your instincts are ever so good. Don't look back. You are able to articulate what you can offer another employer and the right one will think he/she died and went to heaven when given the opportunity to interview you.

YOU GO GIRL!
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Audrey I'm glad you've finally gotten out of that place. You are too good to be working there any way.
    I'm sure your going to find a much better job where they appreciate you.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Aww, do not feel bad! I can certainly empathize with you on the crappy job.

I agree with the "seize this opportunity" idea. Go back to school! Or something else that makes you happy.

I don't know that I did handle it that well. I don't think crying like an idiot would count as such lol! I really hate that about myself. I'm VERY sensitive. In fact - too sensitive. I think if she hadn't have said something degrading I probably wouldn't have been upset. I think I do have a major lack of confidence and it shows when someone belittles me. I do believe the things she says even if deep down I know it's not true. I'm not sure how to just move on and not care what people think of me. My dad is an excellent example for this. He doesn't take crap from anyone, nor does he care what anyone thinks of him. Why can't I have a little of that? For some reason it bugs me when I know someone doesn't like me. Do you think I'm full of it??

I was thinking of applying at a couple Vet Clinics. I highly doubt they would take people off the street with no training but it can't hurt to try. I can't remember if I told anyone here or not, but I'm trying to get into school to become a Vet Tech. I've volunteered at clinics but hands on experience would be the best I think.

Actually, I have to say you did everything RIGHT. You put up with his for a long as you could, you tried, but when you get no support from the higher-ups, you can't put up with much. You did nothing wrong.

I am proud of you for ending this job. I know you loved it in general but all of the crap they put you through was too much. You deserve much more respect than that.

{{HUGS}} and congrats, here's to moving on!

{{Hugs}} I think you did the right thing. Your job was a major source of stress in your life, which you didn't need. You'll find a better job, I'm sure of it. I know how you feel, the times I've been ready to quit my job was because of co-workers. I was told by a manager once that I "didn't matter" because I was "just a bather" (at the time, I'm a groomer now, but every employee should matter to a manager, I had worked there for a couple of years at that point too). Good luck with finding a job at a vet!

Quote Originally Posted by slleipnir
    I was thinking of applying at a couple Vet Clinics. I highly doubt they would take people off the street with no training but it can't hurt to try.
    They certainly DO hire people without prior experience. I can't speak for Canada specifically...but in general it is a field with high turnover and good work ethic can get you far (even when experience is lacking). Granted you'll start at the "bottom", but that is where you start with most jobs. I say go for it!

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*

that totally sucks -
    I hope you can find a new better job soon.
    I too cry over the drop of a hat so I sympathasize funny enough my dad sounds just like your dad - he doesn't take anything crap - and I feel like a piece of carpet where people have walked all over me! I say to myself a lot - why can't I be more like him??
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

I think you have great work ethics and take pride in your job.
    Some people just do the minimal.
    What ever job you find, they will be lucky to get you.
    ((HUGS))

----<---<--<{(@

It's actually a little funny, you know..The reason she probably doesn't care about stuff being clean is that she herself is not clean. She always smells of BO. (hasn't been as bad lately. Probably because it's winter) It's absolutely disgusting. LOL someone gave her soaps and stuff for a present once and she gave it away to the staff Don't think she took the hint.

Staci and Audrey - ask your dads what their secret is, and please let me know!

Reminds me of something someone told me years ago:

"I don't mind being a doormat - but I draw the line at wall-to-wall carpeting."
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda