Thread: Another trailer incedent.

Another trailer incedent.

------------------------------
    ------------------------------

IF YOU CAN PROVIDE RESCUE to any of these abandoned dogs, please contact Terri Devlin immediately by e-mailing [email protected]

If you cannot provide rescue, please support this rescue effort by cross-posting far and wide or consider pledging sponsor dollars to one or more of these abandoned dogs.

This post is for Terri Devlin - President of the Humane Society of Sevier County in DeQueen, Arkansas. Numerous dogs have recently been found inhabiting an abandoned trailer in a wooded, rural area, now referred to as "The Dog House." These dogs were either _OWNED_ by the residents that departed permanently from the "homestead" pictured below or hobo'd their way in as strays to become a collective part of the pack. Their residence and slip-shod belongings aren't all they left behind. The HS is already overflowing with dogs and direly short on volunteers. The board has pragmatically voted down the possibility of assisting these dogs. The group absolutely cannot take in additions due to be over capacity on site and outwardly, through full fosters or lack of additions.

If rescue assistance cannot be found, HS will have no choice but to humanely euthanize. It's a lose lose situation for this group. Emergency fosters are less than thrilled with being appointed as spontaneous, home-based caretakers and are already breathing down the neck of the rescue director as they are completely saddled down with HS commitments. A number of the dogs are still on the abandoned property with no place to go. All dogs on this post must find rescue commitments no later than Friday, 04 April 2008 or they will be, summarily, PTS Saturday, 05 April 2008. Again, there is no space for intake, no long-term fostering, and a number of the dogs are still living in this wreck. Several of the pups and another adult dog have already died at the scene. The DOGS CANNOT STAY AT THE TRAILER until the "right time" to rescue arrives. This IS the RIGHT time and THEY MUST MOVE NOW! It is more than heart-wrenching for those that want to help but cannot. Please be supportive on this effort. It has really been overwhelming to those trying to make a difference.

The low-cost, mobil, spay-neuter clinic is in town THIS WEEK and Terri has blocked off some appointments to help offset rescue costs for these dogs. If you can provide rescue for any of these dogs, please STEP UP NOW and make contact to take advantage of the reduced rates - only available April 1 & 2, 2008. Spay/Neut begins at $40 and up, based on size/weight categories. The Humane Society HAS offered to help with shots and worming as an incentive for rescue. Volunteer transport assistance is available. Terri will work with you to make the future of these dogs a bright one. PLEASE contact her. No dog should live like this.

Big Daddy - Currently Residing at "The Dog House"
    MUST ACQUIRE A RESCUE COMMITMENT BY FRIDAY, 04 April, 2008.
    Euthanization scheduled for Saturday, 05 April 2008

Big Daddy is the "old man" at the abandoned house. Definitely in charge of the place, but really super sweet. He is the most people-friendly out of the bunch. He is going grey in the muzzle and does not really have many teeth left. Did fine with my kids when we went to feed and photograph. Estimated weight is 40-50 pounds. Not neutered.

Bo - Currently Residing at "The Dog House"
    MUST ACQUIRE A RESCUE COMMITMENT BY FRIDAY, 04 April, 2008.

This is Bo, another male living at "The Dog House." Bo is also very friendly, but wasn't as sure about the tiny ball of energy that is my 5 year old child. He enjoys being petted. Bo is young - maybe a year? Not neutered. Estimated weight of 40 pounds.

Mama Jo and two of her pups - Currently Residing in Emergency Foster until Weaned, THEN MUST BE OUT.
    MUST ACQUIRE A RESCUE COMMITMENT ASAP, 04 April, 2008.
    No space available for HS intake. Euthanization scheduled for Saturday, 05 April 2008

Mama Jo - a super sweet girl, has the unique characteristic of having partial blue eyes. She was discovered at "The Dog House" nursing two different litters of tiny pups when we found her (and skinny as anything). She is doing much better, although still discernibly underweight. Her puppies are almost weaned. She is older (around 6 years) and definitely TOO OLD to undertake pregnancy. She is missing the majority of her teeth --probably due to poor nutrition coupled with evidence of MANY litters in her day..... Mama has a very balanced temperament and was more than tolerant of us when we picked up her puppies. and her coat is more of a brindle. Maybe 30 pounds, but still underweight. Two of her pups, below, are in the 6 week age range. ALL NEED rescue. They will not be formally admitted to the HS facility due to shelter capacity and there is no place for them to stay once babies are completely weaned.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Click this bar to view the full image.
    Click this bar to view the full image.

One of the dogs living on this property never made it to post. Instead, he was hit by a car on a nearby road and killed. PLEASE help eliminate the remaining dogs plight. Contact Terri Devlin today!

Spot - Just lost emergency foster status. No place to go.
    No space available for HS intake. Euthanization scheduled for Saturday, 05 April 2008

This is Spot - yet another "dog house" "throw-away." He is a few years old and not neutered. Spot is a little shy at first, but warms up quickly and then shows his wonderful demeanor with children. Spot seemed lucky enough leave the abandoned trailer for very temporary, emergency foster care but within one day, this offer was rescinded as it appears he enjoys killing and eating the foster's chickens. There is a strong lack of patience on finding him rescue placement. We are begging someone to step up NOW. He is a nowhere dog with nothing but a terminal end without your immediate help!
    See ALL my pets here

Berinda - Just lost emergency foster status. No place to go.

Berinda is several years old and in the same, "status void" situation as Spot, as she also enjoys chasing chickens and is residing with the same, agitated foster. Berinda is also shy at first but once she feels comfortable, opens up her heart in a big way. Fine with children. Berinda has an incredibly soft coat and is an estimated 30# to 40#. Because of her passion for chickens, she is now in a null and void foster situation and has NO placement. We must get her out. She does NOT have rescue with the HS and will be summarily euthanized without your quick assistance.

Hemmy the Heartbreaker - Boxer in DIRE Need

This is Hemmy. He was pulled from the dog house in worse condition than what is pictured above. He is senior that is missing most of his teeth and looks like he was mistreated and spent a good part of life on a chain.
    In spite of that, he is intensely sweet and his whole body wags when I come to see him in his pen. Hemmy has quite a bit of scarring on his neck, back and legs. His feet are still quite puffy and red and the back toe is swollen. He is still underweight, but has put on weight since he was skin and bones when Terri found him emergency foster, weighing at best, 50#. Hemmy needs an intensive medical exam, treatment and RESCUE. He will NOT be admitted to HS and is only in emergency foster for one more week. Look.....PLEASE LOOK at this wonderful boy and offer him something better than a deadline looming end and grievous memories.

Unphotographed but still residing at "The Dog House......."
    In addition, there are two mange covered girls that were too nervous about strangers to make themselves available for photographs. Terri is attempting to acquire additional photographs on site but timing has been an issue. Suffice it to say these unseen girls are living in wreckage with no place to go and are also in need.

IF YOU CAN PROVIDE RESCUE to any of the dogs above, please contact Terri Devlin immediately by e-mailing [email protected]
    Beebe AC,
    A Rural Shelter North of Little Rock, AR

E-mail Me at [email protected]
    See ALL my pets here

I am sending this link to all of my rescue people.
    I will be happy to set up transport for anyone here willing to pull any of these babies.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

that breaks my heart Poor pups... I wish that I could take one It looks like about a 5 hour drive
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

If you can take one I'm sure a transport could be made, even if it was just to foster.
    See ALL my pets here

How sad!
    I've Been Frosted

Oh how sad....just looking at those faces you can see how sweet they are and how bad they need helped.
    Poor Hemmy, those feet look so painful!

I pray they all find safe places to go before Saturday.

~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

One of my Wisconsin drivers wants to adopt Hemmy! Keep your fingers and paws crossed!

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

OMG! This is terrible! I really wish I could take on another right now, but it's just not possible. Keep us updated though. I'd really like to know what happends to these poor souls.

I may not be able to foster, but by gosh I can send prayers!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

How sad... those poor dogs. I hope they can find someone to take them in, foster or adopt them.

Quote Originally Posted by mugsy
    One of my Wisconsin drivers wants to adopt Hemmy! Keep your fingers and paws crossed!

Oh, I hope so. This is just heartbreaking. It's a darn shame no animal
    rescue groups couldn't have been made aware of this deplorable situation
    sooner. I know it must be hard to track animal care in small towns, but
    seems like we hear of many animals, in need, all at once.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt