Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EEEK! Meowmies got a new PET! Video added post 14

EEEK! Meowmies got a new PET! Video added post 14

Hay all my PT buddies and friends, Mom had done it now! She brought a new creature home today. YIKES!! It chases us all over the house, follows us and nowhere is safe from it! Please help me identify this odd creature! What is IT? YIKES!! EEEEEK! OMG! Giz and Amy

Should I make friends with it?
    Last edited by Laura's Babies; 03-23-2008 at 09:58 PM.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Giz and Amy ... Cassie here ... My Meowmie's sister has one of those round creatures and I'm not too keen on it. It eats everything, plus it makes strange noises. I hid underneath the love seat the day it visited my house.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Yeah, my guys wouldn't be too pleased with one of those either, lol. I just bought a new HEPA air cleaner for the living room area, and they're freaking out about that, and it doesn't even move! Wimpy kitties!

It looks cool!!! I want one of those suckers for my kitchen floor so bad! Actually one that cleans the hardwood floors would be awesome too. Let me know how they work out! I have a Hoover Floormate, the wet-dry model, and use it to clean the floor in the kitchen cause I have certain kitties who like to pee and poop on the floor out there. It makes cleaning up much easier, and I know the floor is super clean afterward.

At first I really thought that you had brought home a new pet. My cats would probably be scared too. Hopefully yours will get used to it in time.

Giz is facinated by it and follows it everywhere. She never takes her eyes off of it. At least this don't absolutely terrify them like the big Kirby does. Amy will get close to it and get out of it's way and not run off and hide from it. So far, it is doing a better job than I expected it to do. I have it going for the second run to see how much cat hair it will get this time, couldn't believe how much it got the first time.

It went on down my hall, into my bedroom and bathroom and I am IMPRESSED! Now when I am gone all Rie will have to do is cut 'er on and leave. Come back to a clean house! I think I will name it "Nellie".. what do you think, is Nellie a good name for her? (female of coarse)

LOL those videos were funny!

My mom keeps threatening to get me one of these but between the fact I have a couple true scardy cats and a ton of cat toys all over the floor, I'd be afraid to have one of those.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

Catlady711-The first time I ran it, I did not pick up ANYTHING! Cat toys were everywhere and it reconized that it shouldn't mess with them. It even went in the hall to my dirty clothes pile and tested it and left it alone. They are smart little contraptions.. My babies are horrified of the big vaccum and run and hide when they see me bring it up the hall. They are leary of this but not scared enough to run and hide! I think Giz will even be playing with it one day like she did my old vac I had.

I HAVE SERIOUSLY THOUGHT OF GETTING ONE OF THOSE AS THAT WOULD HELP WITH CLEAN UP, AS MY BACKS NOT GETTING ANY BETTER ANYTIME SOON.
    I WONDER HOW JUKE JOINT JOSEPH WOULD REACT TO THAT!!!!!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I'd like to know how it works out for you as well!

Have you seen those cat toys you pull a cord and let it run across the floor? My cats are scared of THOSE, so I don't think they would appreciate a new "pet" here either.

Hi there Giz and Amy!
    I don't know what that new thing is that's running loose and chasing you around your house. It sure doesn't look like us! I'm sure your Meowmie would never bring something home that might hurt you. Does it say "meow", try to eat your food or play with your toys? Be careful, fellow kitties, make absolutely sure this new pet knows that YOU are in charge of things. Please let all of your fellow kitties know when you get this thing figured out?

Your friend,
    Groucho
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Does it pick up cat hair? I've killed more cordless vacuums trying to pick up cat fuzz!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

momoffuzzyfaces - from post #5
    I have it going for the second run to see how much cat hair it will get this time, couldn't believe how much it got the first time.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1
    momoffuzzyfaces - from post #5
    Yea, but does the cat fuzz wrap around the brushes and kill it? Or how about human hair? I've spent more time cutting hair off sweeper brushes than actually using the sweepers themselves.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

It gets a LOT of cat hair. I ran it for while today and had to clean the brushes when it was done. Later, I remembered it didn't go down the hall into my bedroom or bathroom so I started it again and decided to let it run until it ran out of juice.. It died in my bedroom on it's second run in there. I hit the start button and it said "clean the brushes!".. (Insert here, they are EASY to clean and the dirt box is easy to get off and dump).. I cleaned it and hit "go" and it started up again.. (Also, notice too, how many cats are in my bedroom and how close they are to Miss Boo!)

Here it is in action and my babies reaction to it... (There are a lot more pets with IRobots on there too!)
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=77EAutCYWRk

How's the Roomba working???

I've had my eye on a Scooba as well, lol.