Thread: Funny Things

Funny Things

Last night my cat Zasper died, so Corkscrew decided to show me how upset he was by pooping on my bathroom floor. Then I guess when he realized what he did he dragged my bathroom rug on top of it. When I walked into my bathroom this morning I noticed the rug was in a different place, so when I went to go move it I saw his little "gift" underneath it. Even though I was upset that he did leave a present, the fact that he went to go cover it up with my rug made me laugh.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

so sorry about the loss of your cat Zasper !!!!
    It hurts like hell to loose a cat !!! I know , since I lost my dearest Sydney in July !!!!! It is still hurting so much ....
    I have a new cat now , Maya , and she is helping me a lot to get over that huge loss ! Maybe that "present" was the way of Corkscrew to tell you about his or her sorrow ...!!!

Take care !!

ps. btw , what caused Zasper's death ???

SO SORRY TO HEAR OF YOUR ZASPERS DEATH.

it must be hard for you - and for corkscrew too. it's a sad time and perhaps the thought that zasper's at rb with all our most loved furkids may help a little.

your in my thoughts xxx

lynne

Sharing the loss.

Oh, they do share our loss...those kitties who must, with us, survive the empty space when a kitty dies. Sometimes they show us in some way. My older cat, Flory, has survived the loss of two cats now and each time she cried out during the night. She is usually quiet and sleeps all night. She was expressing her sorrow.

It has always helped me to get another cat before too long. I never thought I would get over the loss of our last Maine Coon, Jake, but now I have a girl Maine Coon, Gracie, who helps to fill the gap. Still miss Jake though and it has been almost two years. So sorry about Zasper!!

Former User Guest
    Sorry for the loss of Zasper.
    What you just told is pretty funny, I'm glad you were able to laugh. Maybe he thought that he better move that carpet on top of his business, so that you won't have unpleasant feeling if yo happen to step on it

I have a post about Zaspers death in Cat General. I don't really want to write and explain it again. I'm slowly starting to feel better. Corkscrew is really sad too, he misses his best friend.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Yes, I've heard that animals also go through a grieving process just like we do. Since Corkscrew was very close to Zasper he may also have a hard time. This may have been his way to help you ease your sorrow and pain. You may eventually need to get another cat for Corkscrew. Once again I'm so sorry to hear about your loss and my prayers go out to you and Corkscrew to help ease your pain.

So. sorry to hear about Zasper It really hurts to lose a dear companion. I lost my 17 year old Duffy in December. He was so dear to me. I have other cats and I love them dearly but you don't forget them. You just adjust as each day goes by and remember the good times.
    Corkscrew misses Zasper but he wants you to know that he is there for you! Thats why he wanted to make you laugh.
    mom to shoe-shoo,Snuggles,Abraham,Dixie,Midnight and Shadow.

I am sorry to hear about Zasper, sounds like the other Kitty has quite the personality.