Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: pitbulls

Quote Originally Posted by luvofallhorses View Post
    He is such a wonderful dog, Spicy. He gives so many kisses and he LOVES milkbones. He just loves everything and everyone. He was really good with my co-workers' dog I forgot she was out there and she is a longhaired chihuahua and he just tried to kiss her. his "owners" suck though he actually jumped off a bridge we think he was pushed off.
    he is fine though he had to have 5 teeth extracted he fell on his face and he hurt his leg but he's all fine now and all ready to go for adoption once he has another check up at the vets. If I didn't have a house full, he'd so come home with me.

your pups are gorgeous. Blackrose I am in love with Sadie! ReachoutRescue, I love all of those babies. God, I just adore the breed. everyone has such beautiful dogs.
    OMG people like that just make me angry. "Falling" off a bridge! I'm glad to hear he is doing so well. Hopefully he'll get a real home with people that deserve him.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrose View Post
    I know. She came from a bad part of town and my friend has had more than one person say she would be a good fighting dog. I'm glad that Britt is the one who took Sasha in, even though Britt is the less than ideal owner. She lets Sasha run loose (unspayed near a busy road), does no training with her (but has no problem yelling at her when she does something "wrong"), and only walks her for a total of three blocks a day (when she stayed with us I took her on a two mile walk once a day and the dog could have easily jogged twice the distance).
    IMO, it is a bad situation for a sensitive, intelligent, athletic, active dog like Sasha. But at least she's not being fought, isn't in the shelter, and has food, vetcare, toys, and a warm place to sleep.

I hope I can take her in too. My mom, however, will be less than thrilled. She doesn't like Pit Bulls and she says that Sasha gives her the creeps and she feels like she's going to be eaten.
    My younger brother, however, ADORES Sasha. He was really attached to the Leader Dog puppy we raised, Sadie, and he's really missed having "his" dog. When we watched Sasha he really clicked with her. I think he likes her as much as I do. Nobody else in the family minded her either, even my dad (which just about blew my socks off).
    Hopefully you'll get her and take plenty more pics! While she might not be in the best home, I agree that sounds like a decent home. Better then many dogs get.

Quote Originally Posted by luvofallhorses View Post
    He is such a wonderful dog, Spicy. He gives so many kisses and he LOVES milkbones. He just loves everything and everyone. He was really good with my co-workers' dog I forgot she was out there and she is a longhaired chihuahua and he just tried to kiss her. his "owners" suck though he actually jumped off a bridge we think he was pushed off.
    he is fine though he had to have 5 teeth extracted he fell on his face and he hurt his leg but he's all fine now and all ready to go for adoption once he has another check up at the vets. If I didn't have a house full, he'd so come home with me.
    Poor dog! It may be possible that he jumped though. Brick use to go cliff diving in the river. He wasn't afraid of anything.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

My brother brought home a 6 month old pit bull over the weekend, and his only intention was to keep her safe and not fall into the hands of the people who'd treat her wrong. Unfortunately, my two dogs, did not like her at all. I don't know why, but, Anna (husky) was very, very protective of Rosie (beagle) and all the puppy wanted to do was to dominate the beagle. Rosie just kept hiding and tried to avoid her while Anna growled and protected her. However, we had to give her back, so I hope that puppy finds a good home someday. What I have noticed was that she had SO MUCH energy, and she was strong like an ox. Wow. I do think they're sweet dogs, but, they are not for me.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Montee the one I posted a picture of he's fine, his "owners" sucked anyways they just bred him and bred him for money his original name was Money for that reason. he's the best example of the breed and he got adopted last week to an amazing home with a young boy who he loves. I miss him but they said they'd bring his sweet face to visit, he really makes me smile. I just fell so in love with him. I am a huge pit bull/bully breed person!
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Krista thats horrible
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

My aunt was walking her dog today and they were attacked by two pitbulls that had gotten loose. Baskerville has some pretty deep wounds but should be ok. When they went to the owner's house he cursed at them and told them he'd said not to walk by his house because his dogs would get out. My aunt and uncle called the police to come out and tell him that they are free to walk on the road by his house.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercup132 View Post
    Krista thats horrible
    yeah but atleast he found the best new home. they LOVE him. the vets LOVED him, too when he was at the hospital. he has that great affection of love you can't help but fall in love when you see his sweet handsome face. he was for sure a staff favorite. that picture is my desktop background. he is such a happy, gentle, sweet, handsome soul. I wish everyone could meet him, he would definately change anyone's mind if they don't like pit bulls or are afraid of them. a little kid stuck his hand in his kennel the kid was like 3 years and Montee just licked it.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Quote Originally Posted by Moesha View Post
    My aunt was walking her dog today and they were attacked by two pitbulls that had gotten loose. Baskerville has some pretty deep wounds but should be ok. When they went to the owner's house he cursed at them and told them he'd said not to walk by his house because his dogs would get out. My aunt and uncle called the police to come out and tell him that they are free to walk on the road by his house.
    What? Did they not give him a dog at large ticket? Is he going to pay the vet bills (if he went to the vet)? It seems like they should be doing more then telling him that your Aunt can walk her dog. Do they have leash laws there? Unfortunately we don't have one here so my dogs have been attacked several times and charged many other times. Even when I lived where there was a leash law though the same thing happened. Also I don't understand his logic. If he KNEW the dogs would get out why did he not fix the problem?! I don't understand some people at all.

I don't know the answers to most of your questions. I'm dog/housesitting this week and had just heard that news from my mom. She didn't know many details. Baskerville did go to the vet. They decided not to put in stitches and try to let the wounds heal that way instead of taking a chance they wouldn't heal all the way down. She has a pretty big wound on her leg that if she starts to lick, she'll have to have a cone. Other than that I don't know much about it. I do know Baskerville was on her leash. I'm going to call my cousin in a while and ask for more details and check on them.

Quote Originally Posted by CountryWolf07 View Post
    My brother brought home a 6 month old pit bull over the weekend, and his only intention was to keep her safe and not fall into the hands of the people who'd treat her wrong. Unfortunately, my two dogs, did not like her at all. I don't know why, but, Anna (husky) was very, very protective of Rosie (beagle) and all the puppy wanted to do was to dominate the beagle. Rosie just kept hiding and tried to avoid her while Anna growled and protected her. However, we had to give her back, so I hope that puppy finds a good home someday. What I have noticed was that she had SO MUCH energy, and she was strong like an ox. Wow. I do think they're sweet dogs, but, they are not for me.
    They are really strong (and active too)! Chloe and Sasha both play with the leash in the same way...when they get very excited they'll grab ahold and start tugging. I let Chloe do it because it is a reward for her and she'll spit the leash out when I say, "Knock it off," but when Sasha started tugging on the leash I thought I was going to be pulled flat on my face! She also likes to play tug with her rope toys and I don't think I could ever win if I tried. LOL

What kind of screwed up person is that? It shouldn't be that hard to keep your dogs contained on your property! I'm glad Baskerville is allright...my dogs and I have been jumped by loose dogs plenty of times on walks but I don't think I've ever had an owner yell at me not to walk by because their dog was out...
    ~My Clan: Blackie, Rose, Chloe (dogs), Casey, Dameon (ferts), Pheobe (kitty), Dot, Louie (Cavies), Joey (Teil), Pikachu (Dwarf Hammie), Sadie (Guide Dog), R.I.P. Rush (15yrs), R.I.P. Lucy (4yrs)~

pit bulls

pit bulls are the best dogs.
    i will never go a day without any of mine!!!

In the proper hands they are wonderful dogs
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Moesha, you should try and convince them to get the irresponsible owners to pay the vet. It's their fault the dogs were running off leash. It's idiots like that that can ruin any breed.

Niño & Eliza

Quote Originally Posted by Brody's Mum View Post
    In the proper hands they are wonderful dogs
    I'm am not bashing your comment at all. For some reason when I read it, it struck me funny. When talking about pit bulls this comments comes up a lot. I've even said it myself. BUT if you think about it, like I just happened to, wouldn't this go for ALL breeds? Not just the bully breeds? Any dog can be made aggressive. IMHO this comment can hinder the connection we try to make with Pit Bulls becomming good companions for normal every day people who think these dogs should be exterminated. It makes the dog sound like it IS a danger and you have to know how to "control the beast" in order for it to be a good dog. This couldn't be further from the truth. Infact the way to have a good level headed Pit Bull as a loving companion is good socialization as a puppy and a firm but not too firm owner. The same goes with any breed. There is nothing good socialization and training can't do.

I guess maybe I put too much thought into this small saying. For some reason or another it just struck me tonight.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

I've always thought the same. My dog's been attacked once, and lunged at twice, I can assure you, it was the owner's faults.

Niño & Eliza