Page 95 of 257 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105145195 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 3853

Thread: Politics and religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    This assault rifle at presidential event makes me so very sad and so very sick and so very ashamed.

Are these men so desperate for attention or so small that they must take assault rifles with them??

Where are the people who were so concerned about Air Force One being flown over Manhattan...that was so frightening...and this isn't????
    In modern times, I have never heard of an American being saddened, sickened, or ashamed of another American exercising thier Rights before. This isnt any of the horrible things our country did or condoned of in the past, these are decent law abiding citizens.

They arent desperate for attention, they are tired of their elected officials riding roughshod over their Rights. Way to insult law abiding Americans.

These men were polite, patient, and understand with the pro Obama supporters that were bussed in for the rally.

Arizona wasnt subjected to a horrifying event the way New York City was, way to belittle an entire city.

P.S. Thats a carbine, not an assault rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Where are the President's security people? It might be legal by a State's
    statute, but they shouldn't permit this around any President. There are two
    many wingnuts that might think they are right to kill a public official.
    According to U.S. Secret Service spokesman Ed Donovan when asked if the people carrying firearms posed a threat to the POTUS,

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Donovan
    Of course not.
    Source.

Gosh Liz...can't interfer with their Second Amendment Rights! Uzzis in our schools, churches, shopping malls, movie theaters, hospitals, workplaces, and town hall meetings...
    Cant have people legally carrying firearms in public, that might endanger criminals.

Its Uzi BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    They were outside - the President was inside - none of them got anywhere near him. And if they had wanted to go inside, they would have relinquished the weapons.

In Arizona, one can legally carry just as they were doing. As was stated in the CNN article -
    The POTUS was never in any danger, so lets criminalize law abiding citizens is what they are saying. Lets not let the law get in the way of irrational thinking Grace.

And what was the point? To merely endanger the people who were there, but not the president? Does a weapon like that REALLY belong in a crowd of people?

I somehow expect if I walked around Columbine High School carrying a weapon like that - people would be appalled. Oh what I am I saying...maybe not.
    Who exactly was endangered? The people who fear inanimate objects? How many O supporters in that crowd were carrying a knife or know martial arts? Arent they considerred a risk to the public at large, and if not why not?

Alot less kids might have died at Columbine if somebody did have an AR 15 carbine on hand, not you obviously.

I believe they just amended that law...you can now take your Uzzi into a bar or any other establishment that serves liquor.

guns in bars
    From the article ES posted.

The measure would ban drinking while packing and allow restaurants to deny entry to gun-toting citizens by posting a sign next to their liquor license.
    I can see how that would put alot of people at risk.

I do not know the technicalities of taking a gun slung over your shoulder off to shift the weight or taking a gun off your shoulder to kill...and when that becomes illegal...nor do I particularly want to know.
    Ignorance must be bliss.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary
    I realize they were legally carrying those guns. There are many things that are legal.

And stupid and sick and reprehensible.

There is a thread about little girls in beauty pagents. Those are legal...but stupid, sick and reprehensible.
    Stupid and sick and reprehensible for demonstrating American Rights, another first Ive seen. Stupid and sick and reprehensible for being law abiding citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    JUst because the guy was black he should not be able to carry?

LOLOLOLOL, if he was white it would be the second coming of Hitler.
    Exactly!! IT would be a much bigger story if it had been a white guy with the AR 15.

I do not know the race of any of the men who carried guns.

Is that important to you?
    I think this is the first time Ive seen where ES has colorblind glasses on.

This guy looks really dangerous.

Youtube vid.

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    I remember President Kennedy being killed in public by a nut with a rifle.
    There seems to be no way to limit the sale of guns to stable people.
    I just finished a book about the Secret Service. Back in 1963 Kennedy was warned, repeatedly, not to go to Dallas. By Senator Fulbright, by Adlai Stevenson, and others. Back then only 2 Secret Service agents had gone to Dallas to check things out. Not one building on the route was checked. These days, whenever there is a motorcade, buildings along the route are checked. Empty offices are sealed shut. Presidential cars are bullet proof.

Today, Oswald would not have been able to reach that window. Kennedy would not have been in an open car.
    Liz, I dont think I could have said it better then Grace. There are now laws about who can legally own a firearm. Today LHO would not be able to own a firearm legally, but those laws only apply to Law Abiding Citizens.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    These days, whenever there is a motorcade, buildings along the route are checked. Empty offices are sealed shut. Presidential cars are bullet proof.

Today, Oswald would not have been able to reach that window. Kennedy would not have been in an open car.
    Sad but true. With all these nutcases we have today who have to make up for all their feelings of inadequacy with guns.... so very sad.

Hey Grace how does Douglas feel about being characterised of having an inadequacy for owning firearms?
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

4. Just the nutcases blue...just the nutcases...you know...people who are more interested in the color of people's skin than the content of their...guns?

Just the nutcases blue...just the nutcases...
    So you caved and took me off ignore.

OK Grace, how does Douglas feel about being characterised as small or desperate for attention, just for being a law abiding citizen? How about being characterised as a wingnut thinking its OK to kill a public official, just for being a law abiding citizen? Or characterised as endangering irrational people, just for being a law abiding citizen? Lastly how does he feel about being called a nutcase, just for owning fireams?
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

6. Can't stand up for yourself...eh.. blue. Have to hide behind other people.

Sad....but not surprising.

Perhaps you can call in reinforcements???? Or "man up"...

So...only Law Abiding Citizen owns guns these days...

Yeah...right.

The guy who shot all the women at the gym...was he a "Law Abiding Citizen"...

Please.

Of course there are "Law Abiding Citizens" who own guns.

There are also..."NutCases" who own guns.

The problem is...how do you tell the difference?

Some people seem to think it has something to do with race???
    Last edited by Edwina's Secretary; 08-18-2009 at 10:17 PM. Reason: save space

Can't stand up for yourself...eh.. blue. Have to hide behind other people.

Sad....but not surprising.
    Where havent I stood up for myself?

Perhaps you can call in reinforcements???? Or "man up"...

So...only Law Abiding Citizen owns guns these days...

Yeah...right.
    Legally own firearms, yes only law abiding citizens legally own firearms. Your problem with legal gun owners is what exactly?

Do you allways need to be insulting to make your points?

The guy who shot all the women at the gym...was he a "Law Abiding Citizen"...

Please.
    You do know what a law abiding citizen is dont you? Im begining to wonder.

Please indeed.

Of course there are "Law Abiding Citizens" who own guns.

There are also..."NutCases" who own guns.

The problem is...how do you tell the difference?
    THe law abiding ones are the ones obeying the laws, it isnt that hard to determine the difference.

Some people seem to think it has something to do with race???
    The MSM and you are the ones obsessed with race.

ETA: It was you who couldnt "woman up" by putting me on ignore. You get bent when people assume about your posts yet you are free to do so about other peoples posts. You whine when people call you on your posts, saying they are assuming. Then you not only assume but twist what others post to insult them.
    Last edited by blue; 08-18-2009 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Just because.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

To answer blue's questions - my husband could care less what people think of him.

He's a firm supporter of, and believer in, the Second Amendment.

Is it time to break out the smoothies?

I spit my beer all over my shorts reading some of the stuff.

I found the mention of Columbine, along with guns to be particularly funny and distasteful.

-------------

Blue,
    Shame on you, the Baja 100 is a Mexican Race.

Thanks for posting the pics.

Now, I know I should NOT say this?

I was thinking that it was going to be Bubba Joe - dressed like I dress-
    In surplus khaki and a boonie hat, carrying an SKS with bandoleers crossing his chest.

I laughed, laughed and laughed and laughed some more.......I guess BO won't invite this CITIZEN for beer anytime soon?

No one was hurt, wounded or maimed. People had guns out in the open and no one got shot..Shiat, here in Lost Angeles the LAPD would have started a running gun battle with the people TALKING to the people that were packing!

--------------------
    The last time I heard that someone was ashamed/embarrassed/hurt about 'her country' (and had her proper britches crapped) was a woman who was traumatized until recently, Then she got proud and status. I think she may be a politician's wife.

Hey, she came from Chi Town.

He's a firm supporter of, and believer in, the Second Amendment.
    As are the people described in this thread as being desperate, small, wingnuts, stupid and sick and reprehensible.

I care because the MSM locks on to these decriptions.
    Last edited by blue; 08-19-2009 at 01:21 AM. Reason: Chit I missed a D.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Is it time to break out the smoothies?

I spit my beer all over my shorts reading some of the stuff.

I found the mention of Columbine, along with guns to be particularly funny and distasteful.
    THats alot of smoothies.

Blue,
    Shame on you, the Baja 100 is a Mexican Race.
    Baja 1000, someday I hope to watch it live and in person. Somehow I doubt ES is aware of this historic race.

Thanks for posting the pics.
    Somebody had to, I hope you watched the video of him as well. According to CNN there was another person toting a an AR 15 carbine who was an O supporter yet he somehow didnt make the news.

Now, I know I should NOT say this?

I was thinking that it was going to be Bubba Joe - dressed like I dress-
    In surplus khaki and a boonie hat, carrying an SKS with bandoleers crossing his chest.

I laughed, laughed and laughed and laughed some more.......I guess BO won't invite this CITIZEN for beer anytime soon?
    Even the Democraticunderground thought it was a white guy and was throwing him to the wolves as being a racist until it was pointed out that the dude was black.

BO invite a pro Second Amendment person for a beer, that is Funnay!!!

No one was hurt, wounded or maimed. People had guns out in the open and no one got shot..Shiat, here in Lost Angeles the LAPD would have started a running gun battle with the people TALKING to the people that were packing!
    Of course no one was hurt. These are law abiding Americans deffended by United States Secret Service and Arizona Police Officers against Acorn memebers and Obama supporters.

The last time I heard that someone was ashamed/embarrassed/hurt about 'her country' (and had her proper britches crapped) was a woman who was traumatized until recently, Then she got proud and status. I think she may be a politician's wife.

Hey, she came from Chi Town.
    Last edited by blue; 08-18-2009 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Had to clarify.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post

Are you going to pay for the beer I keep spitting up!?!?!?!?
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Are you going to pay for the beer I keep spitting up!?!?!?!?
    Obama will replace it for you.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Obama will replace it for you.
    Ain't drinking no Bud Light....I am going whole hog on the beer.

Coors!

Ain't drinking no Bud Light....I am going whole hog on the beer.

Coors!
    This is the new Peoples Paradise! THat means youll take what our benevolent leader gives you and youll like it!

Now that the only affordable cars are being crushed. Soon the poor not only wont be able to buy cars, they wont be able to afford beer. Look for the .gov take over of American breweries.

Wait, are there any large American breweries left?
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.