Page 91 of 257 FirstFirst ... 4181828384858687888990919293949596979899100101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 3853

Thread: Politics and religion.

from the article Edwina's SEcretary posted: "More than 2,000 sought services on the first day of the medical clinic -- and hundreds were turned away. People were lined up Tuesday night, hoping to get in. The MTA announced it was extending service of Line 115 because of "overwhelming demand" for service to the clinic, which runs for eight days.

The Remote Area Medical Foundation is a trailer-equipped service that has staged health clinics in rural parts of the United States, Mexico and South America. It brought its health camp to urban Los Angeles County on Tuesday to begin a stint that the group's officials described as its first foray into a major urban setting."

I hope to go on a work trip with Remote Area Medical. I didn't know they were starting up inner city services. In addition to doctors they also use nurses. You can go to parts of Kentucky, Tennessee or Virginia. It makes me really sad that in America, in 2009, there are so many people who need care that they're being turned away.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    Indignation over the conduct of some politicians at town hall meetings would ring more true if behavior such as this Rude? at a town hall meeting about healthcare elicited something more than deafening silence from those same people!

Goose/gander anyone?
    Like I say all the time... Every group has morons. But they are a very small % of most groups. Of course, the media would have us believe otherwise.

"Indignation over the conduct of some politicians at town hall meetings..." You say, until the next time we have a conservative in office. THEN such idinignation will be just, eh?

<sigh>
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

I saw Lee on TV last night in an interview w/Greta Van Susteren and she kept talking over Greta, who was as polite as possible under the circumstances. She told Lee that this is why people are upset w/her, that she doesn't listen so Lee said "Go ahead. I'm listening. I'm listening. I'm listening. I'm listening. Go ahead. I'm listening" and on and on. Really? If you're talking, you're not listening. I had to finally mute the TV for a few seconds until I could see that she stopped talking and started listening. She said that she wants the woman who was asking her question while Lee was on her cell phone to come to another town hall meeting so that she can apologize. So what prevented her from apologizing to the woman that night? Even last night on Greta's show her apology was "Sorry!" I'm all for forgiveness but clearly Lee's apology is insincere. She wants the woman to inconvenience herself and go to yet another town hall meeting to ask the question that was ignored the first time? It should've been over and done.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

4. Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    It makes me really sad that in America, in 2009, there are so many people who need care that they're being turned away.
    Isn't it so sad, CM? "As you are to the least of my people, so shall you be unto me" apparently is not part of the credo of many in this country.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    I saw Lee on TV last night in an interview w/Greta Van Susteren and she kept talking over Greta, who was as polite as possible under the circumstances. She told Lee that this is why people are upset w/her, that she doesn't listen so Lee said "Go ahead. I'm listening. I'm listening. I'm listening. I'm listening. Go ahead. I'm listening" and on and on. Really? If you're talking, you're not listening. I had to finally mute the TV for a few seconds until I could see that she stopped talking and started listening. She said that she wants the woman who was asking her question while Lee was on her cell phone to come to another town hall meeting so that she can apologize. So what prevented her from apologizing to the woman that night? Even last night on Greta's show her apology was "Sorry!" I'm all for forgiveness but clearly Lee's apology is insincere. She wants the woman to inconvenience herself and go to yet another town hall meeting to ask the question that was ignored the first time? It should've been over and done.

Like I say all the time... Every group has morons. But they are a very small % of most groups. Of course, the media would have us believe otherwise.
    Yup. It fits here too!

Precious.

Oh, the people are being rude to their elected officials!

Hehehehehe.

Our 'reps' have been rude to us by constantly following the dollar as opposed to following the (blue) collar.

I like that people are voicing their anger.
    I like that they are calling out the pompous jerks some of us elected to office.
    I am glad that they are getting the same kind of reaction that I get when I say/do something stupid.
    I am glad that these reps are 'offended' by the reaction at the THM.
    I am glad that there is a call to get these people OUT of office the next time
    we have elections.

Today I heard something that I thought I'd never hear about HIC/HCR-
    Tort reform.

This is wonderful!
    Maybe people are becoming more interested/schooled/informed about the reasons for the high cost of medical care?

Again, WONDERFUL!

--------------------------------

I am supposed to feel sorry for some AH that doesn't have time to read a 1k page bill that impacts OUR lives?

I am supposed to feel sorry for some AH that shows up in my town to tell me how 'wonderful' this reform bill will be for me-and I should take my blind faith and let them run with it?

Oh my lord, these people are rude at these meetings?!?!?!?!

It was quite all right when our last president was in office, but now it's boorish and rude?

Groucho Marx said it best, "I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members."

Hmmmmm.....I guess I'll have to cash in my political affiliation. But then again, What kind of food to the serve at a 'communist party'? I never have had caviar, but I am ready!

-----------------------------

Janice Dean, the weather machine, on FOX news has predicted a hurricane will make it to the Gulf of Mexico next week-should it come ashore here in the U.S. let us hope that FEMA and the prez have their stuff together.

I mean, gosh, I'd hate to have some pop/rock/actor have to claim that the president don't like 'white' people.

7. Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Precious.

Oh, the people are being rude to their elected officials!
    No RICHARD. MORONS are being rude to their fellow citizens who might, just might want to ask some intelligent questions and hear the reply.

The last administration. Surely you jest? The last administration had "First Amendment Zones" where protestors were corralled so the president would not have to see or hear them.

Isn't it so sad, CM? "As you are to the least of my people, so shall you be unto me" apparently is not part of the credo of many in this country.
    You keep saying this... I can only assume by doing so you think that I and people like me don't care about these people? Or that the only way to help them is YOUR way...

There are so many ways for the less than fortunate to get help. I've spoken here before about many non-governmental organizations that do more, with half the budget of government agencies... Another local one, Water Street Rescue Mission. They feed, clothe, house and educate a great many homeless people. Yet, they are rarely fully utilized. Why? Because all they ask in return for using their facility and services is attendance at a HALF HOUR, non-denominational worship service, once a week.

Just because some of us don't want to do it YOUR way, does not make us uncaring or uncompassionate.

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

9. Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
    I can only assume...
    There you go again! Assuming... It is not a good practice.

There you go again! Assuming... It is not a good practice.
    Then set me straight. WHY do you keep using that quote? What else could it mean?

Or are ya just gonna go "Media Matters" on me here? Pick something out of context and build your whole rebuttal around it?

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

11. I have never used that quote on PetTalk before. If you have something on your conscious - please do not put it off on me.

I do not make assumptions about the "hidden meaning" of your posts. I would appreciate the same courtesy.
    Last edited by Edwina's Secretary; 08-14-2009 at 12:35 PM.

I also find it interesting that at the town hall meeting w/Lee, the audience was relatively quiet and respectful while the woman was asking her question. Lee chose to ignore her. Perhaps people feel that they need to shout to be heard. I'm not condoning it but I do understand it.
    Blessings,
    Mary

13. Talking about birth certificates and waving yours around in a baggie does not seem to me to be...well... constructive! The woman in the clip was called upon by the speaker. It was after that she became... it appears crazed.

I have never used that quote on PetTalk before. If you have something on your conscious - please do not put it off on me.

I do not make assumptions about the "hidden meaning" of your posts. I would appreciate the same courtesy.
    My conscience is clear, has been for a quite some time. Now I know what you are going to say, but I know that you have said that before, more than once. Funny I can't find it now. Oh well....

Be that as it may... Perhaps you might answer my query? If you did not say..

"As you are to the least of my people, so shall you be unto me" apparently is not part of the credo of many in this country.
    ...to imply people like me (those who oppose THIS PARTICULAR HCR bill) don't care about those less fortunate.... What did you mean? You have said that my assumption was wrong. So I am going to do what you ask and give you the courtesy of not assuming what I think it means. So can you please clarify what you meant by that?

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

I daresay that it's because I care about others that I don't like this particular HCR bill or, as it's now apparently called, the insurance reform bill. I need not agree w/the bill or w/any one person in particular nor am I required to take someone's litmus test in order to be deemed compassionate.
    Blessings,
    Mary