Page 89 of 257 FirstFirst ... 39798081828384858687888990919293949596979899139189 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 3853

Thread: Politics and religion.

Please.

Health INSURANCE Reform.

It's all wordage and unwillingness of people to see the direction the wind blows.

HCR and HIC are two different topics, What an incredible snow job we are getting from the current regime.

Health INSURANCE merely means you will get to see/talk to a doctor, Health care happens AFTER HE TELLS YOU you need to have your hang nail surgically removed.

It's like buying a ticket to an event/concert/game.

The people with money can afford to sit up front and SEE the event.

The people in the back are in the buidling and can barely make out the stage.

The people outdoors are SOL.

The only thing that HIR does is give you the chance to see a doctor, then take the chance that your ins co will tell you your procedure/tests are not covered.

If insurance companies are forced to test everyone, everytime- who will pay for that. And what will that do to premiums/costs.

---------

Before I forget.

Since I am against the current way BO is planning to go aobut HIR/HCR He insinuates that I am part of the problem. Please, This FW does not know the first thing about HOW med care is administered and how it works for and against the public.

INstead of taking on the COSTS of healthcare, he's taking on the way it is administered.

There no progress to be made here.
    This is just a waste of time and the morons chanting, Yes We Can are just as much to blame.

Yes we can, but how much will it cost us?

--------

Let the stuttering begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Did you read what I wrote - I had to google Code Pink, as I didn't know what it was.

I did not know what it was: I had to google to find out. I saw it was a group of women against the war. I am, and have been since 2003, against the war.

I did not know the things you just mentioned - maybe they are true - maybe not.

Now now ,Grace, don't go confusing Frick & Frack with actual facts.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Grace,

Number 8?

Catcher's interference.

-------------------

I have to say this-

Are the same people who do not want the gov't. listening to you phonecalls? Reading your emails and getting into your computer over the internet, in favor of having their medical history online and accessible to any hacker who decides to hack the system?

HAHAHAHAHA,

Wait until you are in the Doc's office and he cannot get any info about you because-

The system is slow today?
    The system crashed!
    I don't have a password?
    I forgot my password?
    My nurse who does the data entry/computers is sick today?

I worked for a HMO who had the effing worst comp systems on the planet.

I loved the days it rained because the system was a POS and I could count on doing 50% less work becuase the wiring was half asrsed and prone to problems.

----------------------

DO NOT BE FOOLED INTO BELIEVING THE GOVERNMENT DOES NOT DICTATE YOUR HC.

I will say this again-

Look at the government standards for how long you can stay in a hospital bed-and what they reimburse for those stays, Then ask a provider about how timely those reinbursements are.
    Last edited by RICHARD; 08-11-2009 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Thanks lizbud - I needed that right about now

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Grace,

Number 8?

Catcher's interference.
    Shouldn't this be in the baseball thread

6. Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post

Liz, Liz, Liz...are you suggesting photoshopped photos completely changing the message aren't "factual"????

I am shocked...absolutely shocked.

Shouldn't this be in the baseball thread
    Forgive me, I was just being stupid again.

8. Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post

Look at the government standards for how long you can stay in a hospital bed-and what they reimburse for those stays, Then ask a provider about how timely those reinbursements are.
    And then look at the SPD from your insurance company and see how long THEY let you stay in a hospital bed.

And ask a provider how timely THOSE reimbursements are!

I am confused by people who have no problem having their healthcare controlled by a for-profit insurance company yet go crazy at the idea of the government.

It seems to me if it is good enough for the military...it should be good enough for the rest of the country.

Thanks lizbud - I needed that right about now

Yeah, I figured you did. Sometimes it's hard to take the high road
    in these "discussions".
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I trust Wilford Brimley and his degree in medicine more that I trust any elected Meat when it comes to medical advice.

11. Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    I trust Wilford Brimley and his degree in medicine more that I trust any elected Meat when it comes to medical advice.

That is like saying insurance salespeople decide the premiums that will be charged. It is not how business - nor government - works.

There are working for the federal government many well-educated, knowledge people in the field of healthcare. The National Institutes of Health, for example is quite full of people who know a heck of a lot more about health, medicine and medical care than a former hospital clerk.

They don't make as much money as they could if they worked for...say a drug company...but they do it because it is something they believe.

To suggest that "any elected Meat"...(does that mean an elected official??) would be giving medical advice or making medical decisions without the support and input of medical professionals is disingenuous at best and an example of the fear tactics so prevalent in these discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post

I am confused by people who have no problem having their healthcare controlled by a for-profit insurance company yet go crazy at the idea of the government.

It seems to me if it is good enough for the military...it should be good enough for the rest of the country.
    I agree! I am now grown up army brat and I miss that part of the military. It worked just as well as this pay system. Now the military has their own version of HMO for retiress and their families but the charge is like $300 per year not per month with very few copays and those are for hospital stays.

But the insurance company is left out of it. and you can't sue the doctors. I wonder if behaviors would change if the doctors didn't have insurance companies to back them up.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Quote Originally Posted by mrspunkysmom View Post

But the insurance company is left out of it. and you can't sue the doctors. I wonder if behaviors would change if the doctors didn't have insurance companies to back them up.

There is TONS of stuff that goes on behind the scenes of a hospital visit/stay. I worked for an HMO, so the billing is a tad different.

Doctors have to submit paperwork to the insurance then the insurance has to claim with the Gov't. How much time does that take?

At my prev employment the ins/billing'coding was all done within the HMO, a bit faster, but still, the government is still involved.

If you want to find out about how a HMO/hospital/doctor submits a claim for patients, check out what a ICD-10 and DRG is.

A doc/hospital submits a code for your illness (The insurance being the go between) and the government pays the AVERAGE of the stay-depending on the code it's submitted under.

If you go in for an appnedectomy and get an infection you are seriously screwed. The facilities will do their damndest to 'advise' the physician that they must discharge you when the DRG says you need to go home.

MY former HMO told the docs NOT to order tests in order to keep costs down.

I'd tell the story of my GF's son who broke his arm and the doc told the parents, "aspirin and ice"! The child wailed thru the night and a SECOND visit to the MD, with an xray- confirmed a broken bone.

-----------------

An HMO runs just like gov't provided ins-you sign away your rights to sue or persue any legal action, should you want to have a resolution for a problem, call their ombudsman and they will gladly try to help you. THe operative word is TRY.

The real problem is the 'news blackout' about how and why med insurances are run. I do not mean to demean anyone on the site or this thread but-

Y'all needs to do your homework.

The way the president, the congress and the house or reps are trying to curry your favor about how and why the insurance/health care need to be voted on and passed make me laugh at the people who really want to have their government involved in your health and care.

I can probably go back and dig up quite a few posts about how DHS is looking at or private computer files and the anger and paranoia that people voiced in those posts, Yet, with a new regime and even more government scrutiny regarding blood tests, pap smears, Tb tests, prostate checks and a slew of other 'private' tidbits of your life they plan on housing in a HUGE data base-the same "the sky is falling" liberals have no problem with that.

Wonderful and amazing!

The hilarity comes at your expense.

A community organizer who want the government to change, is annointed as the end all, be all answer to all the problems we have.

We just have to let him become the new government and all the stupidity of the past gov't. will be resolved.

Repeat after me.

When this CF of an experiment fails, I will be true to my fellow citizens and apologize for being starstruck and claiming that "anyone but Bush" was good for the country.

You wanted it, you got it.

Yeah, I figured you did. Sometimes it's hard to take the high road
    in these "discussions".
    You should try taking the high road sometime and see how it feels.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Grace got her info from wikipedia. I quoted Code Pink right from their website on disrupting military recruiting. Less recruiting means more forced retention of military members, not very supporting of our troops on the ground is it?

So lets see you bring some facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    Liz, Liz, Liz...are you suggesting photoshopped photos completely changing the message aren't "factual"????

I am shocked...absolutely shocked.
    What is shocking is the chopped photos are the end result of Code Pinks efforts.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.