Page 86 of 257 FirstFirst ... 36767778798081828384858687888990919293949596136186 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 3853

Thread: Politics and religion.

1. Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    If you never heard of Senator Richard Lugar, you are seriously stupid
    about Politics.
    You must understand Liz...some people in California think that it...and they...are the center of the universe and of far more interest and importance than anywhere else! It is one of the things that makes living here so...interesting....

What on earth is going on with people these days?

A Democratic Congressman from Maryland, Frank Kratovil, was hung in effigy last month - all because of health care.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post

A Democratic Congressman from Maryland, Frank Kratovil, was hung in effigy last month - all because of health care.
    Wasnt Bush, burned in effigy? McCain, and Obama where both hung in effigy last year correct? So whats new?

What did this Lugar fellow do? Is he related to Lex?
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    If you never heard of Senator Richard Lugar, you are seriously stupid
    about Politics.
    I am seriously stupid about politics, at first I thought it was some kind of mental block, now I know it's just plain stupidity-with a little depravity and a dose of anger tossed in to really unbalance me.

Thank god I live in Cah Lee Fuh Nee Ah, where most of us are Dangerously Stupid, so I don't seem so out of place.

I dont pay too much attention to the people running other states, I have to try and vote out the idiots running mine. Hence the whining!

It started out a mumbling, then humming, now whining. You should see me when i toss a snit. It's not funny, really!

I think it is a shame that people have to resort to extreme stuff like this to get the arrogant jerks to listen. But, alas, they still won't.

But they WILL approve another $500 million for fancy airplanes for themselves.

The people are angry and justly so. I don't know about you, but I don't want the feds to have a "debit" feed into my bank account... So they can take taxes that way. Its in the "health care" bill. They say that they don't want to destroy private insurance.... Then why deny me the ability to renew my private insurance when it expires? Its in the bill....

The people are angry because this is NOT about health care. Its about what most politicians want. Power. Ask yourself... Ask yourself why is this such a freaking emergency NOW? POTUS took 6 months to figure out what dog they wanted... But they want to shove a 2 trillion dollar bill up our rears, like that? The people are angry because they do not listen to us. We are sick of being talked down to.

Also, never forget that the primary purpose of the 1st Amendment is to protect "offensive" political speech.

The last line of the Declaration of Independance....

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor."

Do you feel that any Congress or President in the past 20 years has been truly worthy to be cast in the same mold as the men who wrote this? Rather than pledging THEIR lives, THEIR fourtunes and THEIR <snicker> sacred Honor... They do just the opposite.

The people are angry and rightly so. If they do not start listening to us, I fear for what might happen.
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Wasnt Bush, burned in effigy? McCain, and Obama where both hung in effigy last year correct? So whats new?

What did this Lugar fellow do? Is he related to Lex?

At first I thought Lugar was the dude that invented the pistol.

He's just another Dick, Like me!

--------------------

500 million for planes?

Yep, they take the food out of the mouths of the people working on the f-22s, but get themselves a nice ride?

Nutsy Pelosi doesn't need the plane....she already has government subsidised transit.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post

Thank god I live in Cah Lee Fuh Nee Ah,
    where most of us are Dangerously Stupid,
    so I don't seem so out of place.

... It started out a mumbling, then humming, now whining.
    You should see me when I toss a snit.
    It's not funny, really!
    Maybe not *phunnie* ...

But I'll still pay to watch!
    When's the next show start?

Better yet... If he plan is so great, why is Congress exempt from it?

"The house of representatives ... can make no law which will not have its full operation on themselves and their friends, as well as the great mass of society. This has always been deemed one of the strongest bonds by which human policy can connect the rulers and the people together. It creates between them that communion of interest, and sympathy of sentiments, of which few governments have furnished examples; but without which every government degenerates into tyranny."
    Federalist No. 57, February 19, 1788
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke View Post
    Maybe not *phunnie* ...

But I'll still pay to watch!
    When's the next show start?

Welcome back, my friends, to the show that never ends!
    We're so glad you could attend, Come inside, come inside!

It's actually quite boring.

My snits consist of thinking up funny names for elected officials and bathing in water heated by the sun.

We are the center of the universe.

Why else would we have asteroids passing thru, banging into stuff?

-------------

Sometime the "self importance" thing rubs off on people who don't realize it.

I wouldn't mind being "hung" in effigy. It only makes the lore that much more interesting?

I just received this in an email, and it seems to fit right in with the current conversation.

A busload of politicians were driving down a country road when all of a sudden, the bus ran off the road and crashed into a tree in an old farmer's field.

The old farmer, after seeing what had happened, went over to investigate.

He then proceeded to dig a hole to bury the politicians.

A few days later the local sheriff came out, saw the crashed bus, and asked the old farmer where all the politicians had gone.

The old farmer said he had buried them.

The sheriff asked the old farmer, 'Were they all dead?'

The old farmer replied, 'Well, some of them said they weren't, but you know how them bastards lie.'

Thought I'd throw a little more symbolism into the mix!

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/wash...-swastika.html

Now, this coming from Lush Limbaugh doesn't make it any more pertinent than any other bobo's observation. I just wanted to lighten up the current conversation.

----------------

Grace,
    Farmers can often tell what a crop/animal needs just by looking at it.
    I find his assessment of the politicians to be within the realm of reason.

God, Now we just have to find enough farmers to run the country!

I just had a wonderful thought - let's herd Nancy Pelosi, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, Barbara Boxer, and anyone else you deem fit, into a nuclear sub.

Same sub will be piloted into the middle of an ocean of your choice. The skipper will then disembark, taking with him the nuclear core.

Let them sit and stew for awhile. Who would last the longest?

I just had a wonderful thought - let's herd Nancy Pelosi, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, Barbara Boxer, and anyone else you deem fit, into a nuclear sub.

Same sub will be piloted into the middle of an ocean of your choice. The skipper will then disembark, taking with him the nuclear core.

Let them sit and stew for awhile. Who would last the longest?
    Actually, can't we sink the sub, with the core in it?
    Just to make sure?

(Limbaugh, He's lost weight and is more likely to cannibalize the rest?)

-------

I never was a fan of any of the TV/Radio pundits. I'd watch-Now a days we have to see what everyone says and make up our own minds about the 'news'

I'd listen, but now, more than ever, most of them cut off people when they do not get the answer they want. Hannity is the best at this tactic.

----------

P.S. Why doesn't Nutsy P. -that's her Rap Name- go out and meet the masses before she promises she has enough votes to pass any laws? In typical out-of-touch lawmakers logic, she sends all the poor reps to take the heat for her and the HCR debacle.....

Isn't it funny that the Dems held their forked tongues when the Code Pink AHs, Anti War AHs, Anti Capitalism AHs that broke up/spoke up at other town meetings? Now that they are getting the same treatment they begin to cry and snivel about the same tactics???

Send out security! or in the immortal words of an idiot trouble maker?

Don't Tase me, Bro!!!

Actually, can't we sink the sub, with the core in it?
    Just to make sure?

(Limbaugh, He's lost weight and is more likely to cannibalize the rest?)
    I was rethinking this. We should sink it, and fix it so they can't bring it up by themselves. Let them have AC and water - and let them eat cake!

I'd listen, but now, more than ever, most of them cut off people when they do not get the answer they want. Hannity is the best at this tactic.
    So you really should tune in Rachel Maddow one evening. She does not cut guests off, nor does she talk over them. She interviews all sorts - last night there was some far right person. You could sort of tell from her expressions how she felt about him. But she was consistently polite, and thanked him for coming on.

P.S. Why doesn't Nutsy P. -that's her Rap Name- go out and meet the masses before she promises she has enough votes to pass any laws? In typical out-of-touch lawmakers logic, she sends all the poor reps to take the heat for her and the HCR debacle.....
    Just for you, dear - How Nancy will spend the August recess.