Page 82 of 257 FirstFirst ... 32727374757677787980818283848586878889909192132182 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 3853

Thread: Politics and religion.

Stimulus Plan in action!!

The stimulus plan must be working.

Award Overview
    Agency Name Department of Agriculture Project Location LOS ANGELES
    Contract Number AG3J14120297196 Project Location - State CA
    Funding Amount $1,191,200 Project Location - Zip Code 90058-1800
    Completion Date 2009-06-30 Congressional District CA-34

Description of Work/Service performed
    2 POUND FROZEN HAM SLICED
    Link.

For those concerned about stimulus spending, the General Services Administration sends word tonight that $18 million in additional funds are being spent to redesign the Recovery.gov Web site....

The contract calls for spending $9.5 million through January, and as much as $18 million through 2014, according to the GSA press release....
    Full text, link.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    The stimulus plan must be working.

Link.

Full text, link.
    Now, If it was BACON, you'd not have a problem with the costs involved?

-------------

Grace,

Why do you have to flaunt the time zone thing? YOU have a few hours of clarity to read, digest and post articles.

I wake up early every morning and have to kickstart the old brain-you have a head start. Go easy on us Left Coasters?

Please?

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post

Grace,

Why do you have to flaunt the time zone thing? YOU have a few hours of clarity to read, digest and post articles.

I wake up early every morning and have to kickstart the old brain-you have a head start. Go easy on us Left Coasters?

Please?
    Oh Sweetie, that was available on the Times website before I went to bed last night. That means it was also available to you, before you went to bed. Remember you get to stay up several hours later than I do

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Oh Sweetie, that was available on the Times website before I went to bed last night. That means it was also available to you, before you went to bed. Remember you get to stay up several hours later than I do
    LOL,

I'll never win with you!

I'll peruse the web more often, later on!

5. Great read Grace....this is my favorite line...

Coburn maintains that he has immunity from testifying in any Ensign inquiry because he counseled Ensign as “a physician” and an “ordained deacon.” Coburn is an obstetrician and gynecologist, but never mind.
    That is a LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Frank Rich, anyone. I always enjoy his Sunday opinion pieces in the NY Times.

This one is especially good.

Thank you for posting the article. I loved it.

p.s. Here one that I found interesting too. The author is a frequent guest on some MSNBC shows I watch.

http://www.thenation.com/blogs/notio...ic_humiliation

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Thank you for posting the article. I loved it.

p.s. Here one that I found interesting too. The author is a frequent guest on some MSNBC shows I watch.

http://www.thenation.com/blogs/notio...ic_humiliation
    MSNBC just had Elliot Spitzer on. I wonder what he thinks about political humiliation, effing moron.

--------------------

Back to the article?

I refuse to believe that the author can compare a black woman walking thru a cordon of white people yelling and screaming-and very well threatening her with bodily harm - to some hack judge who doesn't show any emotion while she's being grilled by some idiot senators.

(I have to tell the joke from Red Eye now.....How many senators can fit up the rear of a Supreme Court nominee?)

As some of the people have posted, thre is no comparison.

Eckford walked the gaunlet with little protection from the crowd. How dangerous was her walk to get a little education? Do you think that SS was subjected to the same kind of animosity on her walk to a higher paying job?

EFF NO. She'll ride into that position on Eckford's coattailsand fear.

That is one of the problems with the bleeding heart bloggers who try to find a common link to people who really were the leading edge of the civil rights/EO fight.

As an American of Mex descent, I find that her touted as the First Latina SCJ a laugh. She's going to be a judge, so what?

Why does her 'latina-ness' have to be an issue?

To use the 'peeing puppy' analogy again?

She'll be welcomed into the fold by the 'peeing puppy faction'.

The PPF is the small dog that greets you at the door and is so happy to see you it pees on the floor and all over your shoes. IT does not care about anything thing else other than the fact that you are there. The media and politicians really don't care about this woman and her qualifications, they just want to be seen as the champions of women and race.

----------------------

DO we really want a person that shows no emotion as a SCJ? A wet pile of newspaper also has the same persona, so why not nominate that? I would rather see some passion, not a person who hides who they really are.

It's like that new BF/GF you think is really cool, until they show up at your house at three a.m. in the morning, asking why you haven't called them in the past 6 hours.

Nice at first, but effing creepy when you get to know them!

----------------------

Last week a young black gal became the first "Black Woman to solo/fly across the U.S."

What about the "youngest white boy to circumnavigate the world in a sailboat" from last week?

The more we "color" the world of news,the more obvious our 'racism' becomes apparent.

It looks worse in "hi-def".

8. Damned if you ....damned if you don't....

Sotomayor was grilled ....are you a hothead? Do you have a short temper? Are you emotional (man speak for have an opinion that is different from mine...)?

Now we get....
    A wet pile of newspaper also has the same persona, so why not nominate that? I would rather see some passion, not a person who hides who they really are.
    So if she expressed emotional she is a hothead...if she doesn't she has the same persona as a wet pile of newspapers!

Some people just LOOK for reasons to knock others!

MSNBC just had Elliot Spitzer on. I wonder what he thinks about political humiliation, effing moron.

--------------------

Back to the article?

I refuse to believe that the author can compare a black woman walking thru a cordon of white people yelling and screaming-and very well threatening her with bodily harm - to some hack judge who doesn't show any emotion while she's being grilled by some idiot senators.

(I have to tell the joke from Red Eye now.....How many senators can fit up the rear of a Supreme Court nominee?)

As some of the people have posted, thre is no comparison.

Eckford walked the gaunlet with little protection from the crowd. How dangerous was her walk to get a little education? Do you think that SS was subjected to the same kind of animosity on her walk to a higher paying job?

EFF NO. She'll ride into that position on Eckford's coattailsand fear.

That is one of the problems with the bleeding heart bloggers who try to find a common link to people who really were the leading edge of the civil rights/EO fight.

As an American of Mex descent, I find that her touted as the First Latina SCJ a laugh. She's going to be a judge, so what?

Why does her 'latina-ness' have to be an issue?

To use the 'peeing puppy' analogy again?

She'll be welcomed into the fold by the 'peeing puppy faction'.

The PPF is the small dog that greets you at the door and is so happy to see you it pees on the floor and all over your shoes. IT does not care about anything thing else other than the fact that you are there. The media and politicians really don't care about this woman and her qualifications, they just want to be seen as the champions of women and race.

----------------------

DO we really want a person that shows no emotion as a SCJ? A wet pile of newspaper also has the same persona, so why not nominate that? I would rather see some passion, not a person who hides who they really are.

It's like that new BF/GF you think is really cool, until they show up at your house at three a.m. in the morning, asking why you haven't called them in the past 6 hours.

Nice at first, but effing creepy when you get to know them!

----------------------

Last week a young black gal became the first "Black Woman to solo/fly across the U.S."

What about the "youngest white boy to circumnavigate the world in a sailboat" from last week?

The more we "color" the world of news,the more obvious our 'racism' becomes apparent.

It looks worse in "hi-def".

Richard, I can't even begin to tell you how much I disagree with your
    statements.

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Richard, I can't even begin to tell you how much I disagree with your
    statements.
    And that is a good thing. It means that we can agree to disagree and still remain civil and courteous.

I do appreciate that.

If I said that I was entitled to my opinion because I was a 'wise Latino male' and can come up with better opinions because of my life experiences, I hope you would give me a hearty "Heigh ho Silver-god, are you full of crap!"

Why?

To believe that my "background" makes me smarter or more 'able' to figure things out-did I mention my gender?-is way too phony and elevates my sorry arse above and beyond any real life experiences I have had.

Can we play a really dishonest game?

Because you do not agree with my statements I am going to pick a part of my statement and say that you....

Don't like sailors.
    Don't like white sailors.
    Don't like men/teens.

That is patently untrue! Unless, I have you on tape saying that do indeed hate seafaring folks!

Having people yell racial slurs at you, threatening you with bodily harm and other crap to get an education is different that wanking your way thru a cordon of arse kissing politicians is a stretch of reality.

I have had some experiences with people being 'racially insensitive'-it hasn't made me any smarter. It just reminds me how stupid people are and how stupid I would be if I walked around telling people that my heritage and testicular fortitude make me a better person that anyone else.

It would not fly for me, so why should I be star struck by some judge that wants to be a bigger judge.

If I said you misread my comments, that would be a slap in your face.

So, why should I take that from a "wise Latina woman"?

She said, she should own it.

P.S. Everyone lies during a job interview.

11. Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post

P.S. Everyone lies during a job interview.
    There you go again...maybe you do, maybe some people do...but NOT everyone lies during a job interview.

RICHARD is right. Trying to equate the softball questions fielded by Sotomayor to the risk of bodily harm, and possibly death that Mrs Eckford faced is insulting to Mrs Eckford and the equal rights movment, Rev Martin Luther King Jr would be outraged. Mrs Sotomayor "herself deplores metaphor and analogy", yet the writer of the op-ed Liz linked not only ran with it but expounded on it even dissing Clarence Thomas while she was at it. To call what Sotomayor recieved by the commitee a grilling is an insult to sandwiches.

The person who brought race and sex into the confirmation hearing was Mrs Sotomayor by repeating and standing by her wise latina statement. Ginsburg and O'Connor would repeat the line "at the end of the day, a wise old man and a wise old woman reach the same judgment", I dont see any sexism or racism in that quote.

I wouldnt wouldnt say she has the same persona as a wet pile of newspapers, but I get RICHARDs point.

We finaly get a minority, a relatively young one as well, as the POTUS and he makes appointments based on race and sex, not character.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    Are you emotional (man speak for have an opinion that is different from mine...)?
    Are you sexist (equal rights speak to a sexist question)?

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary
    Some people just LOOK for reasons to knock others!
    Your posts about Sarah Palin are very good examples of this type of behavior.
    Last edited by blue; 07-21-2009 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Had to add to the post.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Hillary, doll?

Are we to blame for all the global warming?

I like Kool-Aid on a hot day, but you are apologizing to the world because you THINK we are the bad guys in the Global Warming problem?

You didn't hook up with Al Gore to get even with Bill, didja?

Are we to blame for all the global warming?
    Al Gore may not have invented the internet, but he sure invented global warming.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    There you go again...maybe you do, maybe some people do...but NOT everyone lies during a job interview.
    The exceptions prove the rule.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.