Page 75 of 257 FirstFirst ... 25656667686970717273747576777879808182838485125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 3853

Thread: Politics and religion.

Quote Originally Posted by sasvermont View Post
    I don't recall rules saying we must debate.

I enjoy reading others' opinions and don't need to make them wrong or try to correct them OR try make them change their minds. I let them be. My opinions may differ from others - and they will - I accept that. You are entitled to yours as well.

To each his own.
    Good post!!

For those wishing to debate, HERE is a website to visit.

Quote Originally Posted by sasvermont View Post
    I don't recall rules saying we must debate.

I enjoy reading others' opinions and don't need to make them wrong or try to correct them OR try make them change their minds. I let them be. My opinions may differ from others - and they will - I accept that. You are entitled to yours as well.

To each his own.
    LOL... I know. I fully understand that there are no "rules" saying you must debate.

If it really came down to "each his own", AWESOME. That is what I want. That is what the founders intended, not this bloated, inefficient, corrupt colossus we have now. When you support politicians who support policies that FORCE anothers view on my life.... Well.... What say ye to that?

The freedom to innovate
    The freedom to buy
    The freedom to sell
    The freedom to FAIL and not FORCE society to help you

To each his own.... If ONLY.
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
    LOL... I know. I fully understand that there are no "rules" saying you must debate.

If it really came down to "each his own", AWESOME. That is what I want. That is what the founders intended, not this bloated, inefficient, corrupt colossus we have now. When you support politicians who support policies that FORCE anothers view on my life.... Well.... What say ye to that?

The freedom to innovate
    The freedom to buy
    The freedom to sell
    The freedom to FAIL and not FORCE society to help you

To each his own.... If ONLY.
    I have a question for you, Puck. I'm being serious here. I've read many of your posts where you complain about the government of this country. When you and Sparks got married, did you ever consider, even briefly, going to live in Canada - away from the government of this country?

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    I have a question for you, Puck. I'm being serious here. I've read many of your posts where you complain about the government of this country. When you and Sparks got married, did you ever consider, even briefly, going to live in Canada - away from the government of this country?
    Yes, but Government had nothing to do with it. I applied for several jobs, was made an offer by two different firms in the London, ON area. But because my skill set, Network Engineering, is not a NAFTA class job, the Ontario Government had to allow the firm to hire me. Both times my petition was denied, stating that there were Canadians in the job pool with the same skill set, on paper, as me. Thus the firm had to hire a Canadian.

Hindsight being what it is, its a good thing we did not move up there. My business is doing very well (knock, knock on wood) today.

I think I see where you are going with this.... No, I am not going to leave just because I fear where our country is going. That would be akin to surrender. We are still the most free nation on Earth, but we are close to giving it away.... And for what?

Let me be clear. I do NOT hate my country. I've fought for it, i've bled for it, i've buried friends for it.... I'd still die for it, without a thought. What I hate are the people we have selected as our "leaders". Barely any of them have ever kept the promises and oath's they have taken. Their tap dance game will end soon though, because the people are starting to wake up and pay attention. Its all it will really take. People to start holding these scum bags to their word.

I love my country, I HATE how our politicians abuse our Constitution.

How is the "stimulus" nonsense Constitutional?
    How would a "free" health care system be Constitutional?
    How is The President appointing all these "Czars", Constitutional?

Just because the people vote a guy in, does not give them the right to forget the Constitution.

If they ignore the Constitution, whats to stop them from doing anything else they want?

ETA - In summary.... I'm not a "run away" kind of guy. I'm the guy who marches to the "sound of the guns".

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

5. Having read TIME interview with Ms. Palin...I am taken back by one comment she makes..."tapped to run for vice president."

It rather reminds me of employees who say..."I wasn't looking for a job, they called me!" as if that somehow absolves them of the responsibility for the decision they made.

Sarah Palin had a choice to make - no one forced her to run for vice-president. She said "yes".

Spinning, spinning, spinning!

- In summary.... I'm not a "run away" kind of guy. I'm the guy who marches to the "sound of the guns".

In what direction??? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    Having read TIME interview with Ms. Palin...I am taken back by one comment she makes..."tapped to run for vice president."

It rather reminds me of employees who say..."I wasn't looking for a job, they called me!" as if that somehow absolves them of the responsibility for the decision they made.

Sarah Palin had a choice to make - no one forced her to run for vice-president. She said "yes".

Cool, so she is just another politician. Big shocker. Mrs. Palin the person... Cool. The politician? Not so good, now that she just up and quit.

Anyway...

Can we possibly focus now on the people actually IN a office that matters? You know, the ones flushing our future down the crapper spending money that does not exisit on things that won't add REAL jobs to the economy, ever. The people who have spent barely 5% of the FIRST "stimulus" (most of it is spent in 2010, a <shock> election year!), who are now talking about ANOTHER one! Or are you guys really so afraid of her that you must banter on about her? All this media attention is doing is making her book deal sweeter. Which is funny in a way...

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    In what direction??? LOL

Uhhhh.... TO "the sound of the guns."

It's an expression that was used by Napoleonic era Army commanders.

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

If they REALLY did not care for her, they would ignore her.
    The way it really works?

There men are afraid that a woman without any bits will beat them.

The women hate her because when THEIR men stand next to her,
    SP's bits are bigger.

Yes, but Government had nothing to do with it. I applied for several jobs, was made an offer by two different firms in the London, ON area. But because my skill set, Network Engineering, is not a NAFTA class job, the Ontario Government had to allow the firm to hire me. Both times my petition was denied, stating that there were Canadians in the job pool with the same skill set, on paper, as me. Thus the firm had to hire a Canadian.

Hindsight being what it is, its a good thing we did not move up there. My business is doing very well (knock, knock on wood) today.

I think I see where you are going with this.... No, I am not going to leave just because I fear where our country is going. That would be akin to surrender. We are still the most free nation on Earth, but we are close to giving it away.... And for what?
    The part I made bold had absolutely nothing to do with my thought process. You simply complain so often, I wondered if you had thought about living somewhere else - not running away certainly. You would still be able to maintain your citizenship - just not live in the thick of things. And marrying someone from another country gives the perfect opportunity.

I'm happy for you that your work is doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    The part I made bold had absolutely nothing to do with my thought process. You simply complain so often, I wondered if you had thought about living somewhere else - not running away certainly. You would still be able to maintain your citizenship - just not live in the thick of things. And marrying someone from another country gives the perfect opportunity.

I'm happy for you that your work is doing well.
    I am sorry for making a bad assumption. Please forgive me.

Living somewhere else? What other nation has a Constitution that promises the liberty we are supposed to have here? Now if only our leaders would respect it, rather than enslaving us in a vain attempt to "save" us. We are better than this. The American people are better than this. We have proven it, time and again. We don't need government to save us, we need them to get out of our way. We know how to make business and thus the economy thrive, they don't.

Thank you for the compliment about my business. I like to think we got where we are because of how we treat our clients and how we conduct our business. We NEVER go for the idea of the quick buck. We do what is best for the customer, always. We could easily sell clients technology they do not need or could ever use. Around here, reputation is everything.

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

12. Jon and Kate decided to put their family and their marriage on the national scene. Consequently, people talk about their marriage and their family -- over 100 posts on a thread about them.

I do not think those folks talked about Jon and Kate because they are jealous, or don't like families or are comparing the size of their "bits."

The Jackson family decided to have a televised memorial service for Michael. Consequently, people are talking - including on a thread here on PT about the service and how the family grieved.

I do not think those who are talking about the behavior of the Jackson family are doing it because they are jealous or do not like blacks or because they are comparing the size of their "bits."

Sarah Palin decided to enter the national political scene when she decided to run for VP. Consequently people are talking about her political views and her political actions.

It is possible (at least for most) to have an opinion about the actions of others without it being because of jealousy, gender, race,or the size of anyone's "bits."

I do not like some of the positions of Barak Obama (especially the misnamed Employee Free Choice Act.)

That does not mean I have "a problem" with men or that I have the very least interest in the size of his "bits" or I am jealous of his wardrobe.

We are all entitled to an an opinion about Kate and Jon, Michael Jackson, and Sarah Palin -- and Barak Obama - especially as they have all made the decision to be public figures.

From all the spinning you do Im suprised you arent to dizzy to type a coherent sentence.

I do not like some of the positions of Barak Obama (especially the misnamed Employee Free Choice Act.)
    Im no fan of unions myself but Im curious what your ojections to the EFCA are?
    Last edited by blue; 07-08-2009 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Had to add a quote and question.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post

Im no fan of unions myself but Im curious what your ojections to the EFCA are?
    May I put in my 2¢ worth here? I don't like the EFCA because it seems to want to do away with secret ballots.

Personally, I favor 'right to work' laws. So does my husband who, although retired, is still a member of the UAW.

Blue.... Let it go. They are neither interested in facts or honest debate. They just want to make themselves feel better by bashing her. Sure, they SAY they feel sad for her and her kids.... But we know, its all good.
    I learned a new word today while watching Boston Legal, the word is schadenfreude.

Schadenfreude is defined as...

scha⋅den⋅freu⋅de [shahd-n-froi-duh]

–noun satisfaction or pleasure felt at someone else's misfortune.

Origin:
    1890–95; < G, equiv. to Schaden harm + Freude joy

I see alot of schadenfreude when it comes to Sarah Palin, be it in the press, online blogs, and even here on PT.
    Last edited by blue; 07-08-2009 at 10:33 PM. Reason: TOo many today's.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.