Page 74 of 257 FirstFirst ... 24646566676869707172737475767778798081828384124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 3853

Thread: Politics and religion.

1. Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post

I like Ms. Sanford!

She's the kind of woman that represents some of the females in the United States today.

They will not let go of a sham marriage, they will do anything to deflect THEIR part in the sham marriage, she is hell bent to stay 'relevant' in the marriage by giving the Governor a biatch slap any time she thinks he slips up.

I was informed that Ms. S is a self contained person who does not need the money or public adulation.

That said?

LOL-She's a lame duck wife, waiting to finish out her term as the Current First Lady of SC. After that, she'll write a book about how she went thru hell during the marriage and his term as Gov.

Alaska needs a governor.

I wonder what Ms. Sanford's qualifications are.

Street Rat Crazy, Baby!
    had never, ever heard a woman publically take as much shiat as this woman.

Some of the things the MEDIA reported about her was really bizarre.

ANd some of the comics were merciless.
    Hmmmmm same song...different tune? Yup!

One thing, if Sara Palin runs for President she won't need to worry about getting my vote. If she can't handle being a govenor, she sure as heck couldn't handle being a President.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    Liz...I am curious what made you feel Palin a sympathetic figure? I reread it last night but could not tell.

It was refreshing to read that a) she uses a speechwriter (inlcuidng for her much raved acceptance speech) AND b)she uses a teleprompter. I thought it so strange and unprofessional that she would not.

This is the paragraph I was referring to. For a brief few minutes, I could
    see her as a human being. In the end, she really is her own worst enemy.

"In Evansville, though, Palin concentrated on the task at hand: an emphatic defense of the anti-abortion cause. But in doing so she made a startling confession about what she thought when she learned she was pregnant at 43 with her youngest child, Trig, who arrived in April 2008, as the world now knows, with Down syndrome. “I had found out that I was pregnant while out of state first,” Palin told the crowd. “While out of state, there just for a fleeting moment, I thought, Nobody knows me here. Nobody would ever know. I thought, Wow, it is easy to think maybe of trying to change the circumstances and no one would know—no one would ever know. Then when my amniocentesis results came back, showing what they called abnormalities—oh, dear God—I knew, I had instantly an understanding, for that fleeting moment, why someone would believe it could seem possible to change those circumstances, just make it all go away, get some normalcy back in life.” It is almost impossible not to be touched by the rawness of her confession, even if it is precisely this choice that Palin believes no other woman should ever have, not even in the case of rape or incest. "

4. Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    This is the paragraph I was referring to. For a brief few minutes, I could
    see her as a human being. In the end, she really is her own worst enemy.

Yes, there certainly was some humanity there - it is a shame her "fleeting moment" could not extend to thinking about others perhaps not as equipped as she is to deal with the consequences.

And rather telling that her main concerned was others knowing!

Ive never seen such misogyny from women before, this truely is a first for me.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Ive never seen such misogyny from women before, this truely is a first for me.
    You must not have been paying attention in high school
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom View Post
    I dont remember alot about high school. That shouldnt matter anyway, most of us are long past HS.
    Last edited by blue; 07-06-2009 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Clarity.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

111 pages - that's the length of this thread. It was started by Richard, March 19, 2008!!

I went back and read it from the very beginning. Takes awhile, but it's well worth the time.

Richard, have you thought about turning this into a book

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post

I went back and read it from the very beginning. Takes awhile, but it's well worth the time.
    That makes my eyes hurt just thinking about it!
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

10. Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom View Post

Someone Should Tell Her

Get on with her life and please, stop talking to the media.
    This from one of her latest interviews.........

" Sarah Palin and her defenders have cited numerous ethics complaints against the Alaska governor as a practical reason for her resignation. Fighting the claims, Palin told the Anchorage Daily News Monday, was immobilizing her: "I'm not going to let Alaskans go through a year of stymied, paralyzed administration and not getting anything done."

Naturally, skeptical observers have wondered how Palin would handle being president if some ethics complaints are enough to make her unable to run a state. Palin's answer: if she was president, the Department of Law would protect her.

Palin said there is a difference between the White House and what she has experienced in Alaska. If she were in the White House the "department of law" would protect her from baseless ethical allegations.

"I think on a national level your department of law there in the White House would look at some of the things that we've been charged with and automatically throw them out," she said.

There is no Department of Law. "

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    111 pages - that's the length of this thread. It was started by Richard, March 19, 2008!!

Richard, have you thought about turning this into a book
    It's not 'my' thread.

The thing that makes me kinda smile about the whole thing is that it has been pretty civil for the most part.

When I read some of the other stuff that shows up on 'political' websites I realize that we are in real trouble as a country. There are people in the media, and others that pass themselves off a media people that I wish would drop off the planet.

But to have this thread going for so long is a real tribute to everyone that has posted and read it.

----------------------------------------

I found out a long, long time ago that anyone who gets angry and cannot laugh before, during or after a political conversation, should not be talking politics.

People have turned it into a reason to dislike another person, all because they have a differing opinion.

So what?

You voted for X, I voted for Y.

I have problems with how my guy lost, Show some class about your winner.

I'll get behind the 'champion', but don't expect me to buy the t-shirt.

I don't take my political views to heart, or anyone else's either.

Politics, nor politicians hold my best interest in mind. I get on the band wagon when I see something I like and let it go afterwards. The people who are injured after a political conversations are the Trekkies of politics!

They refuse to see the reality of politics-the reality is that it's all lies!
    Anyway, Trekkies are alot smarter. They save the uniforms and costumes for special occasions, not everday use.

------------------------------------

As they say, everyone has opinions and rear ends, right?

You just got to keep them clean and they won't smell.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    At worst that insulting at best its enjoying the degradation of others.

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Get on with her life and please, stop talking to the media.
    This from one of her latest interviews.........

" Sarah Palin and her defenders have cited numerous ethics complaints against the Alaska governor as a practical reason for her resignation. Fighting the claims, Palin told the Anchorage Daily News Monday, was immobilizing her: "I'm not going to let Alaskans go through a year of stymied, paralyzed administration and not getting anything done."

Naturally, skeptical observers have wondered how Palin would handle being president if some ethics complaints are enough to make her unable to run a state. Palin's answer: if she was president, the Department of Law would protect her.

Palin said there is a difference between the White House and what she has experienced in Alaska. If she were in the White House the "department of law" would protect her from baseless ethical allegations.

"I think on a national level your department of law there in the White House would look at some of the things that we've been charged with and automatically throw them out," she said.

There is no Department of Law. "
    Stop watching, stop reading, and stop commenting on it. THe news is after ratings, and they will keep inviting her on as long as she brings ratings.

Alaska has a Department of Law, Mrs Palin was likely referring to the Justice Department for the federal level, she doesnt rely on a full staff of writers and a teleprompter during statements as Gov.

You want painfull, Obama's Q&A about his trip to Russia, the ums and ahs where quite painful to listen to.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Blue.... Let it go. They are neither interested in facts or honest debate. They just want to make themselves feel better by bashing her. Sure, they SAY they feel sad for her and her kids.... But we know, its all good.

If they REALLY did not care for her, they would ignore her. (They being the press and the usual suspects here.) In reality, hardcore "political class" types, some D some R, FEAR her like the plauge. Why else would they invest so much energy in trying to destroy her? Its how they work. They don't argue the facts, because they can't. Instead, they target the person.

Just let it go. Knowing that if it ever came to a real debate on the values and issues... You know, with actual research and facts, rather than a quote from a media article, we can't lose. You know it, I know it, THEY know it.

To the "Progressive" types.... This is not about Sarah Palin. Its about we "flyover country" types knowing our 'place'. Never forget that not only can we win on the debate, we HEAVILY outnumber you. But we are too busy working and living our lives. When it matters, real America will be there.

People are starting to smell the BS the past few Presidents have been dishing out. Heck, these last 2 guys are starting to make me a fan of CLINTON. LOL.
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Who said this forum must be a debate?

I don't recall rules saying we must debate.

I enjoy reading others' opinions and don't need to make them wrong or try to correct them OR try make them change their minds. I let them be. My opinions may differ from others - and they will - I accept that. You are entitled to yours as well.

To each his own.