Page 73 of 257 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 3853

Thread: Politics and religion.

Quote Originally Posted by sasvermont View Post

The first part of the speech had a couple of birds flopping around behind her, as well as a baby crying in the background noise. I found that rather entertaining.

All in all, the speech was confusing at best. Maybe she didn't take Public Speaking 101 in college or high school.

Bless her heart.

P. S. Any bets on how quickly a call was made to Tina Fey for a SNL visit!
    I loved the ducks in the background

As for Tina Fey, I got the distinct impression that she wanted no part of SP in the future.

Tina Fey

I suspect Tina doesn't need the money or exposure so returning to SNL to play SP would be a stretch, surely. I wonder though - they would probably pay her a small fortune to do a cameo.

I really would like to see all of the hoopla go away for SP and her family, but if she keeps her family etc. on display or in the limelight, the negative press will keep up. Someone needs to save her from herself.

Maybe she should write a book - as stated in a couple of articles I've read. I hope her writing is better than her public speaking. Maybe she will have a co-author as many do. In fact, I encourage it.

I am going to give this topic a rest now. As you can tell, she is not my favorite person.

[QUOTE=joycenalex;2166267]
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    LOL, If I send you my password to Desperate Singles, will you pick out my next GF? Please!

richard...can we talk, i have a candidate for you....
    Are her initials K-A-T-E W-A-L-S-H?

I've just now finished the Vanity Fair article. It did manage to make
    Palin a sympathetic figure near the end.

http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/f...ah-palin200908

5. From the Vanity Fair article...one of my favorite examples of her previously cited "eloquence"!

... she stopped to talk to a local television reporter about what she had learned in the campaign just concluded. “I don’t think it’s changed me at all,” she insisted, clutching a cup of coffee as her breath steamed into the frosty air. “You know, it’s pretty brutal, the time consumption there, and the energy that has to be spent in order to get out and about with the message on a national level, a great appreciation for other candidates who have gone through this, but also just a great appreciation for this great country. There are so many good Americans who are just desiring of their government to kind of get out of the way and allow them to grow and progress, and allow our businesses to grow and progress. So, great appreciation for those who share that value.”

I still have my coupon!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I read the VF article

Thanks for the link the the VF article. I was thinking I would have to buy the magazine to be able to read it. Wonder what rock I live under? Every now and then my brain kicks in.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    By your reasoning then, since I have no dogs, I am not allowed to post in the dog forum?
    Your analogy is very flawed.

You posted in the Iran election thread - yet I'm reasonably certain you did not vote in their last election.
    My opinion was asked in that thread, I was not telling the Iranians what to do.

Chill out, blue. You'll live longer.
    So if I am condescending and talk down to others Ill live longer?

I don't think we've heard the end of Palin.
    Nor do I and I hope she can actually do some good for the state while she is at it.

It doesn't surprise me she resigned. I think she's been out of her league for sometime now. Once she ran for the VP position, and her act went world wide, many people didn't find her amusing. I surely didn't.
    The move suprised alot of Alaskans, even having to spend so much time and money, state and personal money, fighting frivolous ethics charges. ETA: Previous Governors would have just wasted state time and money, Palin said no to business as usual and stepped down to save the states time and money, I can see why the lefties and MSM would find such integrity scary.

You vote for those who amuse you? That right there is scary.

She didnt ask to run as VP, she was asked to run by a campaign that stabbed her in the back.

I hope only the best for her. I hope her family survives the critics and cruel comments. She signed her family up for the game and I hope now, she takes them out of the game by keeping a low profile.
    I can only hope you are being sincere when you say you hope her and her family their best, but forgive me if I dont take it to heart.

I never thought SP had enough sense to survive much past the election. The Republican party folks used her and then disposed of her. They did her no favors as far as I was concerned. They let her make a complete fool of herself. What the hell were they thinking when they considered her for the VP job? She was and is minor league, at best. Maybe even Little League!
    Sarah Palin has done more for this state then the previous 2 Governors, and she has done alot for the city I now call home. Yes the GOP shoved her under the bus during the electionand the DNC has been running her down ever since. You hope her the best and then you insult her, classy move.

There are several different reports in the news today about the why she resigned and we may never know the real reason(s).

Say tuned.
    The FBI stated...

Quote Originally Posted by FBI 07/04/09
    "There is absolutely no truth to those rumors that we're investigating her or getting ready to indict her," Special Agent Eric Gonzalez said in a phone interview Saturday. "It's just not true." He added that there was "no wiggle room" in his comments for any kind of inquiry.
    Source.

So what reports are you referring to, blogs, and rumor mills?

Oh, by the way, this is my opinion, and it doesn't make me right! I get that. So have at me if you'd like!

So why the large letters? You angry about something?

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    Does this mean people who do not live in California are not allowed to comment on California politicians????? Including...but not limited to Arnold, Speaker Pelosi, Senators Boxer or Feinstein, Congressperson Waxman, et al.
    I wont comment about Arnold, Waxman, or any of your state representatives because it isnt any of my business, try and keep up. Pelosi, Boxer, and FeinStein are all fair game because they enact Federal laws and that affects every citizen in this country.

And only those living in Illinois are allowed to speak of Blago?
    Comment? No, but to say he should resign, yes.

Oh how dull that would be!
    Only if you enjoy tearing people down to make yourself feel better about your own lot in life.

Ms. Palin put herself (and as SAS points out - her family) front and center on the national stage - where in her speech she stated she intends to stay.

"Be careful what you ask for, you might get it!"
    Obama put his own family front and center but somehow they are off limits, strange isnt it.

As for Bristol giving interviews or being on the cover of magazines, why should she or her mom be attacked for that? The lefties want abortions for 14 year olds without parental consent, so cant Bristol do something of her own free will without momy saying its OK?

Oh my. I feel sorry for her. She just doesn't get it. I wish she would have had someone else write the resignation. She rambled on and in her usual, poorly constructed sentences. She is SO out the league. Oh well.
    Im glad she writes her own speeches, at least she is in touch with Alaskans and doesnt need a spin artist like most polititians. Again you say you feel sorry for her and insult her.

If you Google her speech, you can find it somewhere.... oh, let's see is I can give you the link, should you want to listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch/?v=v5IIvg4gMxo

If I screwed up the link, it's on YouYube......
    This month's issue of Vanity Fair also has an interesting article about Ms. Palin.

And one about Julia Childs - also a frequent target of Saturday Night Live...who could take it!
    Link to the text of the resignation, I dont know how long that link will be good.

The link I have in the previous post links only to the second part of the speech. Somewhere on YouTube in a link to part 1. I listened to both parts just moments ago, and I am still trying to remember what my ears heard. Someone at one of the links commented that she must have gone off her medications before she gave the speech. It was one run on sentence after another.

The first part of the speech had a couple of birds flopping around behind her, as well as a baby crying in the background noise. I found that rather entertaining.

All in all, the speech was confusing at best. Maybe she didn't take Public Speaking 101 in college or high school.

Bless her heart.

P. S. Any bets on how quickly a call was made to Tina Fey for a SNL visit!
    Read the speech on the link above. You find a baby crying entertaining? People call me sick.

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post

From the Vanity Fair article...one of my favorite examples of her previously cited "eloquence"!
    It really is sad that Americans would rather have their leaders talk down to them, then just talk to them. This Country has to many of the former and to little of the latter.

I hope Jack in the Box has alot of those smoothie coupons, this Country seems to need it.
    Last edited by blue; 07-05-2009 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Clarification.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

All I can say is that my golden rule is that anyones kids are off limits..period.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

TO show I have a sense of humor...

I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Another interesting article about Palin

http://www.audubonmagazine.org/incite/incite0907.html

This is not new to me.... but I thought since it is also in the current magazine, maybe someone might read it again.

Palin needs to go....and hey, she is. Here's hoping the next Gov. will be brighter and care about wolves and the other animals mentioned in the article.

And guess what Blue? Your comments about me made me laugh. You don't know me at all. Comment away.

Palin needs to go....and hey, she is. Here's hoping the next Gov. will be brighter and care about wolves.
    Wolves here are like deer on the east coast, if we do nothing they will eventualy starve. The difference here in AK is if we let the wolves go their natural course towards starvation, many Alasksan families will also go hungry do to lack of game to fill their freezers for the winter. So do you care more about wolves or about families being fed? Last I heard Gov to be Parnell, is just as much for the aerial wolf hunting as Palin and the previous administration. Ild rather bounties be brought back then the continuation of aerial hunting, but thats just me. I hope Im wrong about Parnell and aerial wolf hunting.

And guess what Blue? Your comments about me made me laugh. You don't know me at all. Comment away.
    I made observations about your posts, nothing more. So laugh away, its your right.

ETA: I just reread my post above, I made no comments about you, I asked a few questions but made no comments about you. Ild be happy to get to know you however, I welcome friends from all sides and from everywhere.
    Last edited by blue; 07-06-2009 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Edited out the petty.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

13. Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post

Liz...I am curious what made you feel Palin a sympathetic figure? I reread it last night but could not tell.

It was refreshing to read that a) she uses a speechwriter (inlcuidng for her much raved acceptance speech) AND b)she uses a teleprompter. I thought it so strange and unprofessional that she would not.

Liz...I am curious what made you feel Palin a sympathetic figure? I reread it last night but could not tell.

It was refreshing to read that a) she uses a speechwriter (inlcuidng for her much raved acceptance speech) AND b)she uses a teleprompter. I thought it so strange and unprofessional that she would not.
    Palin was given a speech writer while she was a VP candidate, and she used a teleprompter while she was the VP candidate. As Gov she writes her own speeches and doesnt use a teleprompter. For you to call it unprofessional shows to me some people want to be told what to do, that some people want to be ruled.

If RICHARD spoke about a female elected official the way you speak about Mrs Palin you would accuse him of hating women and need a JB smoothie.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Caught a little of the Russian press conference.

We did well until the Q&A part of the program.

How does Um, Ah, Uh translate into Russian?

-----------------------

I like Ms. Sanford!

She's the kind of woman that represents some of the females in the United States today.

They will not let go of a sham marriage, they will do anything to deflect THEIR part in the sham marriage, she is hell bent to stay 'relevant' in the marriage by giving the Governor a biatch slap any time she thinks he slips up.

I was informed that Ms. S is a self contained person who does not need the money or public adulation.

That said?

LOL-She's a lame duck wife, waiting to finish out her term as the Current First Lady of SC. After that, she'll write a book about how she went thru hell during the marriage and his term as Gov.

Alaska needs a governor.

I wonder what Ms. Sanford's qualifications are.

Street Rat Crazy, Baby!