Page 72 of 257 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273747576777879808182122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 3853

Thread: Politics and religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    She has done what nobody else could - taken MJ off the front page
    Brilliant. I've been waiting for some celebrity to pull a crazy stunt to get back to the front page ahead of MJ - I just never expected Gov. Palin!

..... its 3:00am - who do you want answering the phone?

oh, sorry, I'm a lame duck - you'll have to talk to someone else.

These are not the droids you were looking for

CL,

Answer the phone at 3:00 a.m.?

It's not Publisher's Clearing House,
    It's more likely someone in jail, gone to heaven or some AH drunk dialing.

Let the machine pick it up.....

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    And now that I have seen the entire speech I am even more convinced. It was disjointed, cryptic - downright unintelligible at times.
    The woman flunked public speaking 101.

I think Palin is '"done" politically. She can make tons of money on personal
    appearances to the republican base. They love her. Palin is going
    broke defending herself in lawsuits. She spent half a million dollars so far.

I'll bet she will stay in the media, just not as a serious political figure. IMO.
    Last edited by lizbud; 07-04-2009 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    The woman flunked public speaking 101.

I think Palin is '"done" politically. She can make tons of money on personal
    appearances to the republican base. They love her. Palin is going
    broke defending herself in lawsuits. She spent half a million dollars so far.

I'll bet she will stay in the media, just not as a serious political figure. IMO.
    WTF is up with the stuttering bobo that shows up on my TV tube?

Ummmm DUUHHH, Ahhhhhhh?

I can listen to any untrained speaker because I want to hear what they have to say 'off the cuff'. They speak without a safety net and are far more interesting that any person who has his hand held thru a speaking engagement.

Ummmm, when a person does....aahhhh- all his talking and thinking- ummmm
    off the plexiglass of a teleprompter ahhhhh, that realy impresses upon me that the stooge cannot form a thought without having it written down for them.

I like the idea that Nancy Pelosi is a better public speaker than SP.

NP has the experience and short term memory, as her fans do, that make any comments she makes a distant memory that she cannot be held accountable for.

I met the guy who wrote "Logan's Run", great idea. we could apply it to any politician over the age of 48.
    Last edited by RICHARD; 07-05-2009 at 08:48 AM.

I can see the hatered for Gov Palin is still strong with many of you. If she isnt your Gov, Pipe down she dosent represent YOU!

At least she dosent have a portable tele prompter, and she writes her own speeches as governor. She has integrity, I can see why the lefties and the MSM hate her so much.

ETA: To echo RICHARD, she can at least get through a speech without umming and ahhhhhing us to death. She also dosent draw out her speches into some drawn out boring affair with pauses for applause and photo ops.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

And because I am a stupid Cah lee fuh nee an and my opinions are kinda wacky?

http://www.kansascity.com/437/story/1305261.html

I don't usually quote stories in the paper, but this one is too good to pass up- I was disappointed CP did not run for prez. He was far better qualified and not as flighty, able to speak full sentences and has a better grasp of national and foreign policy that the current regime.

Did I say regime?

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    I can see the hatered for Gov Palin is still strong with many of you. If she isnt your Gov, Pipe down she dosent represent YOU!
    By your reasoning then, since I have no dogs, I am not allowed to post in the dog forum?

You posted in the Iran election thread - yet I'm reasonably certain you did not vote in their last election.

Chill out, blue. You'll live longer.

Oh well

I don't think we've heard the end of Palin.

It doesn't surprise me she resigned. I think she's been out of her league for sometime now. Once she ran for the VP position, and her act went world wide, many people didn't find her amusing. I surely didn't.

I hope only the best for her. I hope her family survives the critics and cruel comments. She signed her family up for the game and I hope now, she takes them out of the game by keeping a low profile.

I never thought SP had enough sense to survive much past the election. The Republican party folks used her and then disposed of her. They did her no favors as far as I was concerned. They let her make a complete fool of herself. What the hell were they thinking when they considered her for the VP job? She was and is minor league, at best. Maybe even Little League!

There are several different reports in the news today about the why she resigned and we may never know the real reason(s).

Say tuned.

Oh, by the way, this is my opinion, and it doesn't make me right! I get that. So have at me if you'd like!

Quote Originally Posted by sasvermont View Post

Oh, by the way, this is my opinion, and it doesn't make me right! I get that. So have at me if you'd like!

Personally, I like your opinion
    Last edited by Grace; 07-05-2009 at 02:48 PM.

10. Does this mean people who do not live in California are not allowed to comment on California politicians????? Including...but not limited to Arnold, Speaker Pelosi, Senators Boxer or Feinstein, Congressperson Waxman, et al.

And only those living in Illinois are allowed to speak of Blago?

Oh how dull that would be!

Ms. Palin put herself (and as SAS points out - her family) front and center on the national stage - where in her speech she stated she intends to stay.

"Be careful what you ask for, you might get it!"

Quote Originally Posted by sasvermont View Post

Oh, by the way, this is my opinion, and
    it doesn't make me right!
    I get that.

So have at me if you'd like!

OK ... Hang on ...

Someone will get Rright On That!!

[QUOTE=RICHARD;2165788
    LOL, If I send you my password to Desperate Singles, will you pick out my next GF? Please!

richard...can we talk, i have a candidate for you....
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

I just listened to SP's resignation speech

Oh my. I feel sorry for her. She just doesn't get it. I wish she would have had someone else write the resignation. She rambled on and in her usual, poorly constructed sentences. She is SO out the league. Oh well.

If you Google her speech, you can find it somewhere.... oh, let's see is I can give you the link, should you want to listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch/?v=v5IIvg4gMxo

If I screwed up the link, it's on YouYube......

14. This month's issue of Vanity Fair also has an interesting article about Ms. Palin.

And one about Julia Childs - also a frequent target of Saturday Night Live...who could take it!

Two parts to the speech

The link I have in the previous post links only to the second part of the speech. Somewhere on YouTube in a link to part 1. I listened to both parts just moments ago, and I am still trying to remember what my ears heard. Someone at one of the links commented that she must have gone off her medications before she gave the speech. It was one run on sentence after another.

The first part of the speech had a couple of birds flopping around behind her, as well as a baby crying in the background noise. I found that rather entertaining.

All in all, the speech was confusing at best. Maybe she didn't take Public Speaking 101 in college or high school.

Bless her heart.

P. S. Any bets on how quickly a call was made to Tina Fey for a SNL visit!