Page 69 of 257 FirstFirst ... 19596061626364656667686970717273747576777879119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 3853

Thread: Politics and religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    This Sanford guy gets creepier everyday. Now he's spouting off that he "crossed lines" with a handful of women other than his mistress — but never had sex with them.

So it's all okay 'cause he only had sex with his mistress - and maybe his wife?
    He screwed the people that voted him in, isn't that enough?

2. Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    This Sanford guy gets creepier everyday. Now he's spouting off that he "crossed lines" with a handful of women other than his mistress — but never had sex with them.

So it's all okay 'cause he only had sex with his mistress - and maybe his wife?
    And he is "going to try and fall in love with his wife again."

How magnanimous of him....

I will believe this guy has a shread....a tiny little shread...of a soul if he apologizes to Bill Clinton for demanding he resign for behavior Sanford was himself engaged in.

What a hypocrite. What a horrible excuse for a human being. I hope his wife humiliates him in turn and his sons do as well. It is the least he deserves.

The fact that he cheated isn't what galls me. That's between him and his wife. I'm angry that he didn't use his own money to pay for his trysts and that he left his duty call for a booty call. That and his ridiculous drama of wiping away a tear and wearing his infidelity proudly as a badge of dishonor but one for which he's pretty damned arrogant and cocksure that he'll be forgiven.

Politicians are oily, no matter the party affiliation. I've never believed any of them and I don't see that changing any time soon. I feel slimed after listening to any one of them talk and when I see a group of them together, clapping their hands and grinning like fools, I feel as though I'm looking at a bunch of actors who really don't give a fig about this country. They may have started out w/sincerity but somewhere along the line they became jaded or frightened or disappointed or overwhelmed or...(insert your own word here). I don't put my faith in them or their party or this government or any other government. I just don't. I vote out of obligation because I don't want to be part of the problem by just standing by and allowing others to determine my future and how our country is run. To say that I'm disenfranchised isn't accurate. I never believed or trusted any of them from the get-go.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

4. Oh Medusa I cannot believe that all of any occupation are one thing or another.

Just because Ken Delay and Bernie Madoff were/are evil does not mean all people of commerce are evil.

Just because teachers get caught abusing children does not make all teachers abusers.

Just because some soldiers kill civilians does not mean all of them would do that.

Just because some cops end up "on the take" or some doctors prescribe medication that is bad for their patients does not mean all cops are crooked or all doctors do not care about their patients.

All of these occupations and people in those occupations "gone bad" have been in the news lately. But a person's occupation does not make them good or bad. That happens long before they chose an occupation.

Our politicians...just like our teachers, our soldiers, our cops and our doctors...are a reflection of the society from which they come.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    Oh Medusa I cannot believe that all of any occupation are one thing or another.

Just because Ken Delay and Bernie Madoff were/are evil does not mean all people of commerce are evil.

Just because teachers get caught abusing children does not make all teachers abusers.

Just because some soldiers kill civilians does not mean all of them would do that.

Just because some cops end up "on the take" or some doctors prescribe medication that is bad for their patients does not mean all cops are crooked or all doctors do not care about their patients.

All of these occupations and people in those occupations "gone bad" have been in the news lately. But a person's occupation does not make them good or bad. That happens long before they chose an occupation.

Our politicians...just like our teachers, our soldiers, our cops and our doctors...are a reflection of the society from which they come.
    I didn't ask you to believe it. I said what I feel. I don't presume to speak for anyone else.
    Blessings,
    Mary

6. Okay...then I feel very sad for you that you have such negative feelings about a group of people based on occupation.

But I understand it is how you feel.

Okay...then I feel very sad for you that you have such negative feelings about a group of people based on occupation.

But I understand it is how you feel.
    No need to feel sad for me. I'm free of false trust and that makes me happy.
    Blessings,
    Mary

8. Well....can't help what I feel!

I just feelbad karma to paint a whole group as good or bad. Sort of gives permission to say...all people from Illinois are crooked or all lawyers are ambulance chasers or all people who do computer stuff are geeks.

Absolutes are dangerous and limiting in my opinion!

I cant wait to see the list of Conservatives or Republicans that are OK in ES's mind. For that matter what she thinks of those who actualy Believe in the United States of America's Constitution and what it stands for.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    That and his ridiculous drama of wiping away a tear and wearing his infidelity proudly as a badge of dishonor but one for which he's pretty damned arrogant and cocksure that he'll be forgiven.
    She said cocksure......ahuh, ahuh huh huh.....

LOL, His wife green lit the affair, then told him not to go see her.

Make up your mind.?

Please!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

FWIW, the only people who should be calling for Sen Ensign and Gov Sanford to resign are the people they represent. The rest should STFU and keep their own representatives in check.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

What is wrong with dignity in the face of insult and pain?
    I hope his wife humiliates him in turn and his sons do as well.
    Speaking of hypocrisy, these post made me LOL.

First post makes Gov Sanford's wife out to be a doormat, the second a b***h out for revenge.
    Last edited by blue; 07-01-2009 at 01:24 AM. Reason: Spelling, and I still probably spelled it wrong.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Well....can't help what I feel!

I just feelbad karma to paint a whole group as good or bad. Sort of gives permission to say...all people from Illinois are crooked or all lawyers are ambulance chasers or all people who do computer stuff are geeks.

Absolutes are dangerous and limiting in my opinion!
    Wow. We're talking about you again. Interesting how you do that.

I expressed how I feel but not to spark controversy or to invoke sympathy. As for racking up bad karma, we should all try not to focus on the straw in another's eye when there's a beam in our own.
    Blessings,
    Mary

14. Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    . As for racking up bad karma, we should all try not to focus on the straw in another's eye when there's a beam in our own.
    Exactly my point!

Exactly my point!
    That wasn't perceived as your point by me. If you disagree w/my opinion, then perhaps you can say "I disagree and here's why" rather than concern yourself w/my karma. I voiced my opinion about Sanford and politicians in general because the title of this thread is "Politics and religion". If someone disagrees w/your opinion, you attack the messenger rather than the message. If s/he disagrees w/your view of the expanding role of govt., s/he's a "whiner". If s/he disagrees w/your view on race relations, s/he's a "clever little racist". If s/he disagrees w/your view on women and their relationship w/their SO's, s/he has disdain for women. Leave the personal stuff out of it. It muddies the water.
    Blessings,
    Mary