Page 68 of 257 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 3853

Thread: Politics and religion.

What really ticks me off - this person, who can't keep it in his pants, goes on and on about the sanctity of marriage. The sanctity of WHOSE marriage. Sure isn't his. But he doesn't mind butting into the lives of others.

His web site states -
    Mark Sanford is against gay marriage and defines marriage as one man and one woman. He is also against letting gay couple adopt children.

What an AH, to use an expression of Richard's. Save us from people like this. He should resign as Governor and join a monastery. Invite Ensign and Spitzer and Craig and Foley along for the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    What really ticks me off - this person, who can't keep it in his pants, goes on and on about the sanctity of marriage. The sanctity of WHOSE marriage. Sure isn't his. But he doesn't mind butting into the lives of others.

His web site states -

What an AH, to use an expression of Richard's. Save us from people like this. He should resign as Governor and join a monastery. Invite Ensign and Spitzer and Craig and Foley along for the ride.
    And Clinton and Edwards.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    And Clinton and Edwards.
    Thank you, I knew there were more names, but my mind was drawing a blank. Adding yet some more - Gingrich, Vitter, Hart. From an article in the NY Times last year -
    Congressmen, senators, governors, presidents, mayors — politicians at all levels keep starring in this familiar and non-partisan soap opera rerun. They engage in clandestine sexual entanglements, commonly cloaked in the tawdry textures of hotel pseudonyms and airport bathrooms and pay-by-the-hour copulation. All too often, their stealthy frolics then poison their political careers.
    My main point in my post, though, was the hypocrisy of Sanford. Preaching marital sanctity, running roughshod over any type of gay marriage or civil union - and look what he has done.

Well, his lover was a woman & not a under age male page.

We all agree that people who preach and/or go against their 'values' are the worst kind of hypocrites.

Ladies, forgive me?

I think that the women who 'stand behind their men' whould do so with a sharp stick - to jam it in their rears as the cry for the media. Then they should poke themselve in THEIR rears for being the meek, jilted spouses.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    We all agree that people who preach and/or go against their 'values' are the worst kind of hypocrites.

Ladies, forgive me?

I think that the women who 'stand behind their men' whould do so with a sharp stick - to jam it in their rears as the cry for the media. Then they should poke themselve in THEIR rears for being the meek, jilted spouses.
    Nothing to forgive, Richard. I agree with you.

7. Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Then they should poke themselve in THEIR rears for being the meek, jilted spouses.
    Why? is it their fault the spouse cheated on them? Please.

What should they do...scream and rant and rave in public???

Pleas, I would give no one such a response.

What is wrong with dignity in the face of insult and pain?

After further review?

The good Gov should resign his office-instead of taking care of his constituents, he chose to outsource his libido overseas. I am sure that there are many women in his home state that would have been more than happy to care for him,

----------------------

I also wonder about the women who 'allow' the hubby to seek 'companionship' outside the home (overseas?) then try to explain it away.

Is it really an affair when the wife signs off on it? Or is it a way to keep the husband from bothering her on those 'special' mornings? I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall for that conversation- "Honey, go find a girlfriend and LEAVE ME ALONE! I really love the that big house, perks and all the other stuff you get for being the governor........"

Why does God always show up during the confessional news conference?

I love the llines about the kids and putting them thru the whole experience-If you REALLY wanted to keep your kids out of the spotlight, you should have stayed home and kept your pants up/

Sanford's wife doesn't need the Governor's perks - she has her own.

Jenny Sanford is a millionaire whose family fortune comes from the Skil Corp. power tool company. They met on Wall Street, where she was a vice president in mergers and acquisitions at Lazard Freres. He worked for Goldman-Sachs.

They met in the Hamptons, got hitched, and headed South, where Mark Sanford first got into real estate and then politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Sanford's wife doesn't need the Governor's perks - she has her own.

Jenny Sanford is a millionaire whose family fortune comes from the Skil Corp. power tool company. .
    She doesn't need his money then.

But. she can get any power tool imaginable and he's supposed to feel safe at night, when he sleeps???

Nope, I don't think so.

------------------------

The dude can throw down some romance on paper, eh?

The ones I feel sorry for are his four boys. Their Dad went to spend
    Father's Day with his girl friend instead of his own kids. That sucks.

12. Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    I also wonder about the women who 'allow' the hubby to seek 'companionship' outside the home (overseas?) then try to explain it away.

Is it really an affair when the wife signs off on it? Or is it a way to keep the husband from bothering her on those 'special' mornings? I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall for that conversation- "Honey, go find a girlfriend and LEAVE ME ALONE! I really love the that big house, perks and all the other stuff you get for being the governor........"
    What women "allow the hubby to seek companionship outside the home?"

And what women are trying to explain it away?

Why do you assume the only reason women marry is for money and big houses?

Sometimes the disdain for women is really appalling. And I don't just mean Gov. Stanford...or Senator Ensign.

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    The ones I feel sorry for are his four boys. Their Dad went to spend
    Father's Day with his girl friend instead of his own kids. That sucks.
    I know someone that is thankful he's been pushed to the fourth page of the paper!

IT's Tuesday and my prez is on TV again!

Geez, he gets more face time than the mayor of El Lay and MY mayor is a media HO!

This Sanford guy gets creepier everyday. Now he's spouting off that he "crossed lines" with a handful of women other than his mistress — but never had sex with them.

So it's all okay 'cause he only had sex with his mistress - and maybe his wife?