Page 66 of 257 FirstFirst ... 16565758596061626364656667686970717273747576116166 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics and religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post

Did you listen to the audio of this incident? "She worked so hard to "earn" that title." Please. The General didn't?

Democrat and Republican alike... Arrogance like this is why the people are restless.
    He was dodging bullets, she was shooting them-to clear the way for her EGO.

She's a low grade politician who has stepped on many toes to get her honorific. Pretty sad to be proud of a title you earned by scamming the people who put you there..

2. The Silence is Deafening!

Speaking of senators....where is the moral outrage about Senator Ensign. Now granted...he did not do something so egregious as ask to be called by his title... although we might want to ask Ms. Hampton about that.

Ms. Hampton is the wife of his good friend and employee - Mr. Hampton. Ms. Hampton is also the mother of a 19 year old Senator Ensign pushed some work to.

Oh yes, Ms. Hampton was also Senator Ensign's bed partner for a while. And an employee of Senator Ensign.

During the time Senator Ensign was doing Ms. Hampton her salary was doubled. Guess she did a good job.

Rumor has it this is not Senator Ensign's first dalliance (yes, there is a Mrs. Ensign...somewhere...)

Senator Ensign was full of moral outrage and hard charging for the impeachment of President Clinton for doing the help. I guess that was different??

And the icing on the cake? Mr. Hampton sent a letter to Fox News telling of the affair. Did they run with the story...nooooo...they gave Senator Ensign a heads up so he could arrange a "hasty news conference" where he confessed to doing the most horrible thing in his life. Nothing like "fair and impartial" news organizations.

So, as an active member of Promise Keepers...what promise do you suppose Senator Ensign was keeping???

Thankd goodness all he did was have a married mistress on the payroll...and not something serious!

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. Gives me an idea for
    a game, Guess how many Republicans political officials have had run into
    legal & ethical issues in the last year. I can think of 5 or 6 easily.

I was totally blown away when I heard about Senator Ensign. He always seemed like the straight arrow type. Then again, one never knows what goes on behind closed doors

And this subject is very appropriate for The Dog House as Senator Ensign is the only Veterinarian in the Senate

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Different strokes for different folks, I guess. Gives me an idea for
    a game, Guess how many Republicans political officials have had run into
    legal & ethical issues in the last year. I can think of 5 or 6 easily.
    Guess how many Democrats have the same problems?

Are we EVER going to get past the shackles the inter-party bickering does to us? We are, supposed to be at least, better than this.

The parties and MINDLESS loyalty to then, is a major part of the problem.
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

6. Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Senator Ensign is the only Veterinarian in the Senate
    My favorite political party!

I couldn't care less what party he belongs to or not. It is the outing of hypocrisy I relish. So delicious....

My mother always told me...if someone has to tell you how religious they are or how righteous they are --- watch out!!!

About that she hasn't been wrong yet!

I can think of 5 or 6 easily.
    The whole set of 20 Disgraced Republican Drinking Glasses is availabe for free with a oil change and tire rotation!

COLLECT THE SET!

-------------------

Grace,
    Blown away and Senator should not be used in the same sentence?

-----------------

HAHAHAHAHA,

Sit on this one for a moment.

Seriously,

Let's say that the Iranian "revolution" does the job and they get a real regime change, not some namby effing pamby promise of change.

So, Iran and Iraq become pretty serious DEMOCRACIES in the area and you see a fairer government, and people of different religious beliefs and races put their shiat together and start to live a better life..

Wouldn't that be nice?

It's way too bad that people have to die at the hands of their own brothers. But, what if those people's death's really won't go unnoticed in the long run and the people of Iran finally get a chance to run the asylum?

Ready?

Would not it be funny if they whole 'democracy' thing got going because some dopey president (that still can't say New Clear) took the chance by invading Iraq and giving those citizens at democracy and a chance to speak?

Naw, it would be too easy to give either Bush credit-

Warmongers!

Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
    Guess how many Democrats have the same problems?

Are we EVER going to get past the shackles the inter-party bickering does to us? We are, supposed to be at least, better than this.

The parties and MINDLESS loyalty to then, is a major part of the problem.
    They're those who cant see past their own party, they will excuse, ignore, and toss out distractions to protect their own. Most of them live in glass houses yet are still hypocritical enough to throw stones.

Some are trying to ignore the fact that the Hampton's tried to extort the senator. Link. I make no excuses for the senator, since none of the players in this scandal are clean.

Im shocked that Fox news would give a polititian an honest chance to break bad news to his constituants instead of hanging him out to dry after tarring and feathering him for having an affair. He came clean on his own rather then be blackmailed, shocking stuff.

When someone enjoys the outing of an others dirty laundry, watch out, the carp is going to fill the room quickly. Now would be a good time for some to get a Smoothy.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Now would be a good time for some to get a Smoothy.
    LOLOLOLOLOLOL, If we could only open up franchises in Iran.

I heard that the nickname for this revolution in the "Lipstick Rev'.

WHY?

Women are egging on the men to get out and do something.

----------------------

I have to say that these are interesting times. I am excited-for them. That sounds kind of sick, but I want to see what happens over there. I want to see the downtrodden rise up and kick some arse. Why not?

I bet there are the idiots like Chavez, Il, and the jokers in China that are holding their breath.......

IF that can happen in Iraq........

The next gov't. may not be the perfect one for the Iranians, but the power of the people is yet to be measured.

-----------------------------------

Hey Barack, How is your Supreme Leader doing now?

Freedom from tyranny is a hard road to travel.

10. Delightful

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    He was dodging bullets, she was shooting them-to clear the way for her EGO.

She's a low grade politician who has stepped on many toes to get her honorific. Pretty sad to be proud of a title you earned by scamming the people who put you there..

I could share the incident on video if you like. There wasn't much to it. Certainly not as bad as you make it out to be.It was just
    a low key exchange.

I could share the incident on video if you like. There wasn't much to it. Certainly not as bad as you make it out to be.It was just
    a low key exchange.
    I saw the vid.

It was a low key exchange and the biatch could have had a little decorum and reamed him out off camera. Again, If the Brig Gen had done that to her, people would have castrated him and put his bits on his shoulder boards.

Babbling Baba is an effing disgrace, a slob and I hope to be an ex-politician the next election around.

There is a double standard here. I figured a Smart White Woman in a political seat would have some tact and not bring something as trivial as an honorific up.

The BG was not being disrespectful to her. I wonder if she objects to being called an X-X-AH. Afterall, she did earn that title and works hard to project that image to the public and her constituents.

I spologize on behalf of California for her representation of my fair state.
    Last edited by RICHARD; 06-21-2009 at 01:14 PM.

13. On behalf of the state of California...in which I also live...I do not apologize for Senator Boxer. Senator Boxer holds the record for most popular votes in a contested statewide election so I am thinking I'm not the only Californian who feels that way. And having heard the audio...come on.

How does this mild exchange compare to a married Senator who has sex with an employee/friend's wife? Who rewards his sex partner financially and who gets tipped off by a shady news organization?

Who hasn't yet resigned -- as he insisted Clinton should have done? (Maybe he likes being called Senator???)

Normally...a situation like this would be fertile ground for stupid jokes.

The silence continues.

Btw...how many medals does this general wear? Eisenhower never wore more than five.

But then all he did was win a war.
    Last edited by Edwina's Secretary; 06-21-2009 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    I saw the vid.

It was a low key exchange and the biatch could have had a little decorum and reamed him out off camera. Again, If the Brig Gen had done that to her, people would have castrated him and put his bits on his shoulder boards.

(

The Officer would not have gotten this far in Military Service if he had
    such thin skin that this exchange embarressed him to the point of tears.

The Officer would not have gotten this far in Military Service if he had
    such thin skin that this exchange embarressed him to the point of tears.
    Now, with all his training and expertise in guns and stuff, would you have corrected him?

There are two kinds of people that I don't mess with, Harley owners and women who I share any space with.

A man's gotta know his limits.