Page 64 of 257 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374114164 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics and religion.

Joking about how ugly, stupid, pregnant any politico's kids is one thing.

But to say that SP's daughter (the 14 year old one THAT WAS AT THE GAME) was knocked up by Alex Rodriguez is a pretty low thing to even joke about.

DL is moron, Um, doesn't he have an illegitimate spawn himself? I wonder what he would think is JL made a joke about his kid getting molested? I haven't heard anyone joke about BO's kids? What about them? Cheney's daughter is gay, let's start there?

Yep, SP has paraded her kids out in the media. Do I really care about the whiny kids that make their dad get a dog if he wins the presidency?

Please, stop it......

DL is a loser and a bitter AH, his 'apology' is just another 'neck saving' measure--- Don Imus got nailed for repeating a description one of his co-workers made about an a woman's B-Ball team. Oh, that was racist and a slam against women.

I guess young women who are just regular little girls don't count or need to be protected from any kind of stupidity-especially from some old comedian that has a first amendment right?

Jay Leno is no better and it shows in his attempts at humor.
    But, his joke was about a 17 year old who was already pregnant-not a 14 year old who was at the park with her mother. It is also an insult to women who do take their kids out to sporting events, Would anyone be insulted if their parenting skills were made fun of?

I'd be more upset about A-Rod touching my kids, I hate the Yankees!

-----------------

I stand corrected about the post of the local woman who welcomed the Euighers in Bermuda, that was a news reporter from a cable outlet.

----------

Hey, hey!

No hanging chads in Iran, Just shooting protestors!

Settle down RICHARD, even Sadam got 99% of the vote in a legitamate election.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post

Limbaugh at least had an excuse, he still should have made a public appology for his employee.

phesina, I can only surmise you are refering to RLs TV show with Socks the cat, at least Limbaugh had an out, Im not saying its right but he had an out. If you can quote Limbaugh or post video with other "cruel comments" on Chelsea Ild be glad to see them.
    blue, I posted about this once previously on this site - perhaps it was before you joined up. Way back when Rush had his TV show, we were fans. We watched every day - and if we were not home, we taped and watched later. I DID hear and see him when he asked - "Did you know there's a White House dog?" - and then held up a picture of Chelsea Clinton.

No, I don't have a link to any video - You Tube wasn't around back then. So I fully expect that you won't believe me.

David Letterman was wrong last week. He has apologized -
    Sarah Palin has accepted the apology.

Quote Originally Posted by Molly Ivins
    On his TV show, early in the Clinton administration, Limbaugh put up a picture of Socks, the White House cat, and asked, "Did you know there's a White House dog?" Then he put up a picture of Chelsea Clinton, who was 13 years old at the time and as far as I know had never done any harm to anyone.
    From 1995, MotherJones.com.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Jerry Buss, the owner of the World Champion Los Angeles Lakers has promised to send 50,000 team pennants to the citizens of Tehran to keep the election riots on a happy note.

"The citizens of Los Angeles were able to unite in their support of the Lakers after the team won it's 15th world championship. I think that the rioters in Iran should devote more of post election celebration angst to something fun like sports-not stupid politics. I mean how many times have you seen a mullah pull off a behind-the-back pass followed by a monster slam dunk?"
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

It All Makes Sense Now

Palin backers raising funds for her legal defense
    17 hours ago

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's supporters are holding a Web-a-thon to raise money for her legal defense fund.

Organizers of Conservatives4Palin said they hope to raise more than $500,000 in a week for Palin's Alaska Fund Trust.

Palin has said her legal fees while fighting ethics complaints exceed that amount. She also incurred legal fees during last fall's Troopergate investigation into her firing of Alaska's public safety commissioner.

After settling with the Alaska Personnel Board over a complaint that the state paid for the travel of her children to events, Palin has until June 23 to reimburse Alaska about $10,000 in costs from about 10 trips.

Palin's office said 14 more ethics complaints have been resolved with no findings she has violated the Executive Branch Ethics Act. Earlier this month an investigator for the personnel board found Palin hadn't violated the act when she wore a coat bearing the logo of her husband's sponsor at the start of the Iron Dog snowmobile race last winter.

Palin has called such complaints frivolous.

Fund trustee Kristan Cole said Palin's high visibility this week, after a trip to the East Coast and a public feud with talk show host David Letterman, has helped fundraising efforts.

The legal defense fund was established in April. The Web-a-thon started Monday.

Information from: KTUU-TV, http://www.ktuu.com

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post

The legal defense fund was established in April. The Web-a-thon started Monday.

Information from: KTUU-TV, http://www.ktuu.com
    So, that stupid DL and SP are in cahoots?

Brilliant!

"Dave, make a child rape joke about my daughter, call my make-up slutty and we'll battle it out in the media. Then apologize, I'll go on your show and Conan's asre is OURS!!!!!"

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

8. Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Palin backers raising funds for her legal defense
    17 hours ago
    I am SHOCKED....absolutely SHOCKED that Ms. Palin would do anything political in nature.

Put you unmarried teenage daughter on the cover of PEOPLE magazine every other month or so (my fav was the daughter in her high school graduation gown holding her baby....GREAT role model ) and then complain that people keep talking about your children.

Duh!

When will her 15 minutes be up?

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    I am SHOCKED....absolutely SHOCKED that Ms. Palin would do anything political in nature.

Put you unmarried teenage daughter on the cover of PEOPLE magazine every other month or so (my fav was the daughter in her high school graduation gown holding her baby....GREAT role model ) and then complain that people keep talking about your children.

Duh!

When will her 15 minutes be up?
    Youre shocked a govenor would be political?

Gov Palin didnt put Bristol on the cover of any magazine. A 16 year old can get an abortion without her moms approval but needs her mom to get on the cover of a magazine, give us a break.

Why are Obama's children off limits and Palins kids are game on? Oh yeah Palin is a republican, shocking isnt it.

I know medical marijuana is legal in Commifornia but lay off it a bit and realise Palin has a year and a half left, not 15 minutes.

ETA: 5 and a half if we re-elect her. That would realy ruffle the lefties hair wouldnt it.
    Last edited by blue; 06-17-2009 at 10:06 PM.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post

I know medical marijuana is legal in Commifornia but lay off it a bit and realise Palin has a year and a half left, not 15 minutes.
    Like Dude, you have to see the doctor...and you can get brownies too......Dude, 15 minutes? nah....I can't wait...I got the munchies now!!!

-------------------

I kinda dig the dad on TV saying he didn't have sex with "that woman". Not only is that a good role model for the kids, but the wife gets speared in the heart in front of a whole country.

Twas not the HMMWV that made it's way into the Oval Office.

Gosh, I bet many people wondered about their marriages after THAT!

-----------------

Then you have the Republican DB that cheats on his wife and says that is the worst thing he could have done in his life.

No Bozo.

You get elected because people believe in you and you go ahead and screw that up. Take it on the chin and resign you ^#$@%$#*&

BTW,
    You women have to learn to dial up the lawyer and get out of THAT relationship. Why would you stick with damaged goods?

Moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    blue, I posted about this once previously on this site - perhaps it was before you joined up. Way back when Rush had his TV show, we were fans. We watched every day - and if we were not home, we taped and watched later. I DID hear and see him when he asked - "Did you know there's a White House dog?" - and then held up a picture of Chelsea Clinton.

No, I don't have a link to any video - You Tube wasn't around back then. So I fully expect that you won't believe me.

David Letterman was wrong last week. He has apologized -
    Sarah Palin has accepted the apology.

I believe you, who cares if he doesn't. I think Letterman apologized
    again because his Mom asked him to do it.His Mom is a sweetie.

I believe you, who cares if he doesn't. I think Letterman apologized
    Well!

My mom told me her "rule for truth" - she got it from John Wayne!

Never apologize, it's a sign of weakness......

So now, I only lie when I know it's the truth?

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Well!

My mom told me her "rule for truth" - she got it from John Wayne!

Never apologize, it's a sign of weakness......

So now, I only lie when I know it's the truth?

, but I 'm serious. His Mom lives in Indy.

Speaking of things political

Douglas MacKinnonFormer press secretary to Sen. Bob Dole

Posted: June 18, 2009 10:56 AM
    GOP Leadership Should Have Condemned Racist Jokes

Two blatant and mind-numbing acts of racism by Republicans were just reported in the news -- and unfortunately and unwisely, GOP "leadership" has chosen to remain silent. Why?

The first involved a former election commission chairman from South Carolina who, upon hearing a gorilla had escaped from the local zoo, posted on his Facebook site, "I'm sure it's just one of Michelle's ancestors -- probably harmless." The second involved the executive assistant to a Republican state senator in Tennessee who circulated a photo of all 44 presidents, with the picture of President Obama being an all black rectangle with two white eyes.

You would think, that as the complexion of America continues to change and as the GOP has discovered a desperate need to reach out to minorities, that at least some of those who purport to speak for the party might look upon these disreputable acts as a way to sincerely reach out to the black and minority communities. Sadly, that does not seem to be the case.

As an independent conservative who lived often in poor, predominately black neighborhoods as a child and who is now married to a Hispanic-American, the lack of meaningful outreach toward minorities by the Republican Party has long been an issue with me.

As such, I was not surprised but still saddened and disappointed, when a collection of older, white and wealthy Republican "leaders" met at the end of May in a pizza parlor in Arlington, Va., to announce the creation of the "National Council for a New America." Really?

With the NCNA being led in part by former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, Gov. Haley Barbour of Mississippi, and Sen. John McCain of Arizona, I'm just trying to understand: What's "new" about the council?

Opportunities for outreach to the minority community keep getting teed up for the GOP, and they habitually continue to ignore them.

Indicative of this was the 2008 Republican presidential primary season, when then-leading contenders Rudy Giuliani, McCain, Romney and Fred Thompson decided to blow off a debate hosted by African-American talk show host Tavis Smiley. Again, why? Who were they afraid of offending with their appearance? What was gained from not attending? Certainly not the White House.

Even with the appointment of Michael Steele as the first black chairman of the Republican National Committee, the party is far from connecting with black and minority communities. Beyond that, some GOP leaders seem to be looking for every chance to undermine Steele's efforts to create a more relevant and diverse party.

The recent racist flare ups could have been a turning point.

Regardless of whether they intend to run for the White House or not in 2012, the likes of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, Romney and any other "leader" of the GOP, should step in front of a microphone immediately and offer a sincere and deserved apology to Michelle and Barack Obama on behalf of the GOP -- and let them and minorities across America know that not only do vile people who make such jokes not speak for the party, but they are not welcome in the party.

Palin asked for an apology from David Letterman for a joke that she said was an attack on women everywhere. He delivered it. Given these recent brazen offenses toward blacks, the GOP could learn from Letterman's contrition.

Speak up, GOP leaders -- and recognize this as a chance to do and say the right thing. If not, your silence will be analyzed and ultimately interpreted.

MacKinnon was press secretary to former Sen. Bob Dole. He is a former White House and Pentagon official and author.

I believe you, who cares if he doesn't.
    Since you seemed to have missed it...

Quote Originally Posted by Molly Ivins
    On his TV show, early in the Clinton administration, Limbaugh put up a picture of Socks, the White House cat, and asked, "Did you know there's a White House dog?" Then he put up a picture of Chelsea Clinton, who was 13 years old at the time and as far as I know had never done any harm to anyone.
    He claimed one of his techs put the pic of CC up, besides if RL is on screen how would he be controlling the boards? I even stated in this thread RL should have apologized.

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud
    I think Letterman apologized
    After a week of negative press, that makes for a real genuine apology. Im sure his mom was appalled her son would make such a joke about a 14 year old girl.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.