Page 63 of 257 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273113163 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics and religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post

Are you offering to pay for Carla Bruni's food
    Dude, I can't even do the "CB for dessert" joke.

You win.

---------------

What does a few hundred NYC cops earn an hour?

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    What does a few hundred NYC cops earn an hour?

Probably more than you and I do in a year.

What did it cost us for them to chopper out in Marine 1? What did the .gov C20 and G5 jets cost to fly them all to NY? Im sure what the O's actually spent of their own money on this "date night" was miniscule to the total cost of the night.

I think its been a long time since the foreign press has been more critical of the POTUS then our own.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Probably more than you and I do in a year.
    Seriously,
    THere is a clip, from a spot above a NY sidewalk, that was stuffed with NYPD cops waiting to move out.

I don't begrudge BO for taking his squeeze out, to score points and maybe get a little something, something afterwards.

It's the cost to the taxpayers and the thought that NYC has to bear most of the cost of this date.

Look, we have to fly, chopper and send the prezmobile up to NYC so he could have his date.......PLUS all the behind the scenes security?

I guess I am too old fashioned.

My idea of a perfect date is a backyard BBQ, on the night when the moon is full.

You time it so, you hit dinner, have a few beers and watch the moon come up over the neighbor's house.

Perfect, simple and the best recession proof deal you can muster.

Who needs Paris?

Um, the Congress is supposed to figure out what to do about the medical insurance laws here in the U.S.?

Thanks Mr. Prez for turning over your election promise to the Congress, I am sure they will do what is right.

Lobbyists be danged.

Thank you for believing in Congress.

Where is Jimmy Carter when Iran needs him?

--------------------

Liz Cheney is kinda hot.......in that smart, daughter of a politician way.

Actually,
    Don't tell David Letterman about her. He may tell a joke.

If letterman's joke had been against Bristol that would be one thing, however the joke was about Willow, I think she is 14 and that is another thing all together.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    If letterman's joke had been against Bristol that would be one thing, however the joke was about Willow, I think she is 14 and that is another thing all together.
    DUDE,
    The silence from the women is really hard to bear.

I guess someday someone will make a joke about DL's illegitimate spawn and his fugly old lady will make things even.

If Gov Palin was a liberal, Letterman would have been tarred feathered and hanged allready. But Letterman wouldnt make a joke about a liberals children.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

HEY Bermuda!

Be careful.....those Non Combatant Entities that live in your neighborhood now are really TERRORISTS!

I saw a effing hilarious clip of some locals that were 'welcoming' the 4 dopes that the U.S. placed there.

A woman walks up to the group with her hand extended in an effort to shake theirs hands....

Woman, brush up on your Islamic rule for women and men living in the same world..

I am waiting for the first little tidbit that makes these guys flip out and go Jihad in the 'hood.

Holy Crap, We'll have some 'splaining to do!!

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    HEY Bermuda!

Be careful.....those Non Combatant Entities that live in your neighborhood now are really TERRORISTS!

I saw a effing hilarious clip of some locals that were 'welcoming' the 4 dopes that the U.S. placed there.

A woman walks up to the group with her hand extended in an effort to shake theirs hands....

Woman, brush up on your Islamic rule for women and men living in the same world..

I am waiting for the first little tidbit that makes these guys flip out and go Jihad in the 'hood.

Holy Crap, We'll have some 'splaining to do!!
    Years ago when I managed the band from S. Africa, the leader of the band and I were at a gig in Ohio. Another drumming group, which was Muslim, was playing there and while the leader of our band was on stage, this Muslim group came right up on stage and started drumming, a show of disrespect and definitely a lack of professional courtesy. My guy was looking at me as if to say "Make them go away" so I talked to one of the women and said "We can arrange for you to drum together later but right now, he's on stage". She left and afterwards, the leader of their band came up to me and said "I'd like to perform w/him some time" and I said "Ok, give me your business card and we'll be in touch". He laughed and said "I don't have a business card. I'm just a poor black man". So I said "Ok, I'll give you mine" and he said "Give it to one of my women". Sigh. I went over to one of the women and attempted to hand her the card and she said "I cannot take it from you. Please put it down on the table and I will pick it up". She didn't even want to take the chance of touching me when accepting the card. I did not give them my card and said " We won't be in touch". If the Bermudans want to fool themselves into thinking that they can all get along, so be it. They'll learn.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Remember when a basketball world championship was won and an Iranian election protest broke out?
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/pgStory...&photo=9684050

triple

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    If Gov Palin was a liberal, Letterman would have been tarred feathered and hanged allready. But Letterman wouldnt make a joke about a liberals children.
    I seem to recall Rush Limbaugh making some very cruel comments about Chelsea Clinton. He hasn't been tarred feathered and hanged. And he certainly has never apologized.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    I seem to recall Rush Limbaugh making some very cruel comments about Chelsea Clinton. He hasn't been tarred feathered and hanged. And he certainly has never apologized.

Yes, and there was the Jay Leno joke about her daughter during last
    years election run up.

"Alan Colmes (former co-host of Fox News' Hannity & Colmes) makes a great a catch regarding the current feud between David Letterman and Governor Sarah Palin. While Palin has been blasting Letterman all over the airwaves for joking about Yankees star Alex Rodriguez "knocking up" her daughter, Jay Leno told an extremely similar joke during the presidential campaign that resulted in no such uproar:

Gov. Palin announced over the weekend that her 17-year-old unmarried daughter is five months pregnant. And you thought John Edwards was in trouble before! Now he has really done it. -- "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno," 9/2/08
    Is there a double standard being applied to Letterman?

When has Limbaugh not been tarred and feathered in the press? No I am not deffending him, only stating what is.

Limbaugh at least had an excuse, he still should have made a public appology for his employee.

phesina, I can only surmise you are refering to RLs TV show with Socks the cat, at least Limbaugh had an out, Im not saying its right but he had an out. If you can quote Limbaugh or post video with other "cruel comments" on Chelsea Ild be glad to see them.

No double standard.

Leno at least made a joke about Bristol, a girl of legal age of consent, not only in Alaska but most of the United States, and already pregnant. Humorus yes, bad taste definently.

Letterman made a joke of a 14 year old getting knocked up, age of consent in only 2 states and New York not being one of them. Humorus, no. Bad taste, most definently. My sick sense of humor only goes so far.
    Last edited by blue; 06-16-2009 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Had to fix a double negative.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.