Page 56 of 257 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566106156 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics and religion.

1. Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Geese RICHARD, Im sure the First Lady paid her own air fair and the cost of the iPod for the Queen.
    Geez blue...I am sure Michelle Obama is the FIRST EVER wife of a president who traveled with (or without) her husband on official business at government expense..(including air fair or even air fare!)

And I am sure that this is the FIRST TIME EVER a gift has been given to a head of government of another country and has been paid for by the US government.

Silly boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    Geez blue...I am sure Michelle Obama is the FIRST EVER wife of a president who traveled with (or without) her husband on official business at government expense..(including air fair or even air fare!)

And I am sure that this is the FIRST TIME EVER a gift has been given to a head of government of another country and has been paid for by the US government.

Silly boys.

Sarcasm is lost on you isnt it?

*ETA*

Very sexist of you as well.
    Last edited by blue; 04-03-2009 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Many many reasons.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Geese RICHARD, Im sure the First Lady paid her own air fair and the cost of the iPod for the Queen.
    An effing iPod?
    I guess classy is put on hold for the next 4 years.
    Why not a DVD player with the X-Men trilogy?

Shoulda had Nancy Pelosi with them too. They could have saved money by all jamming into the smaller and cheaper ride!

Hey, NP could have taken her four aides and all the stuff needed to make her look human.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    An effing iPod?
    I guess classy is put on hold for the next 4 years.

GWB was many things, but I'm positive "Classy" wasn't one of them.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

5. Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Sarcasm is lost on you isnt it?
    Not when it is done well.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    Not when it is done well.
    I would actually be suprised if you even recognise the sarcasm you or your cheerleading squad post on a regular basis as such.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

My dad's bigger than your dad! Nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Nanny nanny boo boo!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I have to post this here because it kinda fits in with the title of the thread.

I heard about the story of a group of firefighters who banned together to take a few dollars less on their paychecks in order to help out with the budget and keep from having other FFs to be cut from the payroll.

There have been other stories like this-are you listening UAW?-that show that many of us still have a sense of community and care for our co-workers and neighbors.

Here in Lost Angeles some teachers banded together to propose some ideas about saving money and jobs. The union didn't go for it!

Now, I worked union for years and have to say that there are some benefits to being employed in that fashion, but I have seen too many people get screwed becuase the union and management can't seem to remember the workers-they only care for what they will lose as far as power, money and political influence.

The news reported that many people see the recession as 'being not as bad' because we have a new president. I am truly amazed at all the wonderful things he has done, singlehandedly, to lull us into the belief that he has made all the difference.

- ----- I ---- my----.

I am waiting for the revolution, it's not the gun-toting, end-of-the-worlders that are thought to rise up and take our country back.

I'd like to think it has nothing to do with some dopey couple in power, or the AWs that we send to D.C. becuase they have spoken a good came.

I see that the people are starting to take back the communities, cities and maybe even the states they live in.

The people who make a huge deal out of the money that the Gov't. is passing out, and want to know why they are not getting any are the Darwin Nominees for the next awards Email.

They'll fold up their tents and move on quietly into the night.

I am putting my money on the quiet people who know what they have to do to stay afloat. Hopefully, these days will be a lesson to those who are struggling, those who give up and the rest of us who soldier on and have to pick up the slack for the idiots who caused this mess.

I just have to pay attention to all the crackpot politicos who will take the credit for 'getting us through this crisis'.

Wish words from a kind and intelligent woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Amen, RICHARD.

I find, also, that some of what passes as faith is actually fear, fear of what might happen to someone if they don't believe a certain way. Some people act, not out of love, but out of fear and of having to be right, i.e., "Well, that's the way it is because and I don't question it." Look at how many people had put their faith in not eating meat on Fridays, only to be told later that it's ok now. The rule has been rescinded. Questioning is good. Blind acceptance, IMO, is folly and oft times dangerous. If my God can't stand up to a little scrutiny, how powerful can s/he be and why would I put my faith, my trust in a deity like that? The tested quality of our faith works out endurance.

Scene: Satan on his throne in hell with the fires burning around... A little devil has come up and is asking "Okay, now what do we do with all those people who ate meat on Fridays?"[/quote]

Why Barbecue Sauce of course

I'd think Satan would hold a Donner Party Party!

Tastes like chikin!

----------------

I have to laugh at all the talk about BO 'bowing' to the emir or whoever that joker was.

I had a good chuckle at the film clip - BO had dropped the keys to AF One, that was the reason for the deep flex in front of that quack.

I thought back to the rules of flying/displaying the flag and know that no matter what happens, Old Glory never is dipped or lowered for anyone or anything.

So, the physical figurehead of the country seems to have a spine, but may not know when to make it stiff?

13. Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    ----------------

I have to laugh at all the talk about BO 'bowing' to the emir or whoever that joker was.
    I have been trying to find the post you made when George W. kissed the king of Saudi Arabia and held hands with him.

Oddly...I can't seem to find it....

A kiss and holding hands, IIRC is a sign of respect and friendship in arab cultures. Kissing the ring is a sign of subjegation or that you are beneath that person, not a very good impression for the POTUS to give to arabic cultures.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Just curious, does anyone know if President Obama bowed to Queen Elizabeth or any other heads of state?
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11