Page 48 of 257 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898148 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics and religion.

Funnay email my Mom forwarded to me...

I received the letter below from a fellow businessman and good friend and I must agree with his decision on how to choose in a must lay off situation. Please join me in sending this off to every business owner that you know.

Name taken off open letter....

Subject: If you must lay off employees in 2009

As a business owner who employs 30 people, I have resigned myself to the fact that Barack Obama will be our next President, and that my taxes and fees will go up in a BIG way.

To compensate for these increases, I figure that our customers will have to see an increase in my fees of about 8%. I will also have to lay off six of my employees. This really bothered me as I believe we are family here and didn't know how to choose who will have to go.

So, this is what I did. I strolled thru the parking lot and found eight Obama bumper stickers on my employees' cars. I have decided these folks will be the first to be laid off.

I can't think of more fair way to approach this problem. If you have a better idea, let me know. I am sending this letter to all business owners that I know.
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

I can't believe anyone thinks this is funny. Why not fire the ones who voted Republican. They had more to do with the messed up economy! Obama is not even in office yet!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    I can't believe anyone thinks this is funny. Why not fire the ones who voted Republican. They had more to do with the messed up economy!
    Care to back this up with some facts? Ill even take theories at this point as long as they have at least some factual backing.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Care to back this up with some facts? Ill even take theories at this point as long as they have at least some factual backing.
    Sure! Look at the shape of the country today and compare it to eight years ago.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

Thanks for being specific.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Thanks for being specific.
    You're welcome!!!

Ok, banks weren't failing like they are now, not so many forclosures on homes, unemployment not as bad, stock market stable, businessess were more stable, no war sucking the life out of our country or people, I was younger...

oh, wait, I can't blame the government for that, can I?
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

I can't believe anyone thinks this is funny. Why not fire the ones who voted Republican. They had more to do with the messed up economy! Obama is not even in office yet!

There was an article in local paper about a small tire shop owner had
    decided to fly the American flag upsidedown outside his business as a
    show of disgust that Obama won the election. All his employees decided
    to quit their jobs if he didn't fly the flag correctly. The owner backed down
    and righted the flag. Owner said he was going on vacation & couldn't get
    a trained group to replace them.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

You're welcome!!!

Ok, banks weren't failing like they are now, not so many forclosures on homes, unemployment not as bad, stock market stable, businessess were more stable, no war sucking the life out of our country or people, I was younger...

oh, wait, I can't blame the government for that, can I?
    This should cover a fair portion of why we are where we are, link.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Need to rant...my sister and hubby are staunch republicans and still love Bush..no problem thats their peroggative, I have never once said anything about politics to them since the seem to feel so strongly about it, my sis is more important to me that political bs.

They stop by unexpectedly and see my Obama book on the coffee table and totally and seriously rip me about it...excuse me this is my house and you stop by unannounced and I am made to feel like I have done something wrong...just a rant...
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I won't be posting here anymore until I get the pencils I shoved in my ears removed.

This weekend I was treated to the worst possible experience ever. Our esteemed mayor was on the tube - photo op, can't miss that- and he stuttered his way thru a few press conferences.

Holy kee-rist,
    I cannot stand to listen to any politician that stutters thru any interview.

I swear, it makes me want to kick my T.V. IF THEY KNEW HOW THEY SOUND they would take some diction or classes to slap the UM/AH and UHs outta their vocabulary.

I find that the difference between a well rehearsed speech and a blithering idiot speaking off the cuff is very telling when dealing with politicians.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

Right... Like those clowns in DC know how to run a business. Who in the hell are they to tell these companies how to run a business?

Now I am not advocating they bail them out anyway.... But hte arrogance of those people is getting to me... LOL

Can we start the revolution soon, please?
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

I have had a freaking FIELD DAY with how EVERYONE has tapped into the political happenings of this week.

Sports, business, comedy, including politics.

SHUT UP and let the guy get the seat warm, OK?

--------

I tuned into the Motorsports radio program I listen to and it's about what the pres will do about sponsorships, owners and drivers.

I tune into sports and it's all about what the pres will do about team, playoffs and his love of basketball-now, if that borders on a stereotype?

This morning I was listening to a talk show and this is the commercial that I heard.

"We have a new president who has a clear vision and now SO CAN YOU! You can have LASIK surgery done for........."

Please,

We don't even know what he thinks or how far in advance he's looking.

It's funny and sad that all these outlets are suddenly interested in politics as fodder for the listening audience.

I have had a news blackout at my house and want the Pomp and Circumstance over with as soon as possible. Get working and do the job.
    The American public will wake up tomorrow with the usual arse full of political hangover and it will be business as usual,

Complain, complain, complain!

My gosh, Nancy Pelosi is a hoot!

Contraception to keep the unwanted pregnancies down so we all don't have to pay for them?The topic may be a little past her recollection so....

Why not install cameras in people's bedrooms?

I really love NP, she reminds me that I do have some knowledge compared to other people in the world.

I have to laugh at THIS one.

I make a mistake on my Income Tax and I will get my arse hauled off to jail.

This moron makes a 34,000 dollar mistake and get to be Head Yahoo of the Department of Whatever?

Great Picking Mr. Pres! and thanks for giving him your Seal of Approval, Lower Level Representatives of the Working Class.

I hope my government give me the forgiveness they have shown this AH.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Prez' speech tonight.

I LMFAO everytime the Senator from Cah lee fuh nee ah JUMPED OUT OF HER seat to applaud. She gave away every 'talking point' in the speech so badly I forgot what he said and am really sorry that I didn't watch it and use her actions as a drinking game!

-----------------

I am so glad she was able to make it back from Italy and Afghanistan.
    Media for her is everything!