Page 47 of 257 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797147 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics and religion.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Like maybe actually reading the constitution. I doubt it but we can hope.

Actually she is having a serious medical condition that could kill her taken care of in the next few days. If you were to visit other areas of this site, you'd know.
    Do you even own pets or do you come here just to instigate and create ill feelings?

Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
    Something to think about on Tuesday.

"You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift. You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down. You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred. You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative and independence. You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves."

Abraham Lincoln
    It's funny, I guess it shows why Abraham Lincoln was such a great orator. I agree with the above quote, and yet, I am pretty sure that I have a totally different interpretation of it than you do.

Quote Originally Posted by beeniesmom View Post
    Actually she is having a serious medical condition that could kill her taken care of in the next few days. If you were to visit other areas of this site, you'd know.
    Do you even own pets or do you come here just to instigate and create ill feelings?
    Thanks for posting this. I did send both blue and Puckstop a private message just this morning - enlightening them. Or so I hope.

Thank you!
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Look, not taking sides here, but why is it ok for Liz to make a snarky comment to Blue and Puck, but it's not ok for them to make a comment to her because she's ill?? She made some not so nice comments to Blue right after his friend (who was his boss) died.

I'm wondering if maybe she's made comments like that because she is ill. Not an excuse, but maybe that's part of it, ya know??

It's also very possible that Blue and Puck didn't read her post about her condition. I hope that she has a good outcome with it. I wouldn't want to be in her shoes, it's a scary condition.

Everyone needs to show some compassion. Let me leave it at that.

Lizbud has been a member here for almost a decade, Blue joined a month ago and pretty much had the guns drawn and the insults flying from the get go...its really hard to feel the same.

I have been frosted!

You know Jenn, one thing is making nasty comments sometimes and then balancing it out with posts about lighthearted things, and another is being a downright jerk all the time. I've been attacked by lizbud myself a few times but it was all in good fun. Some people here take things too personally.

Let's just get along. I really care about all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom View Post
    Lizbud has been a member here for almost a decade, Blue joined a month ago and pretty much had the guns drawn and the insults flying from the get go...its really hard to feel the same.
    I just mean that we all need to show compassion. Whether a new member, or a member who has been here for a decade. No one should be treated any differently. We all deserve to be shown compassion.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn_librarian View Post
    I just mean that we all need to show compassion. Whether a new member, or a member who has been here for a decade. No one should be treated any differently. We all deserve to be shown compassion.
    I think thats something we can all agree on.

I have been frosted!

I don't need a pity party, thanks. I've become aware of how precious
    time is & decided to re-order the priorities in my life. I would much rather
    take long walks with my pups in this beautiful fall weather, then argue with
    someone on PT.

I've decided playing with my cats & enjoying them as they sun bath in
    the afternoon sun through the glass storm door. Don't you love to see
    your animals in contented rest. (They sleep in the strangest positions)

Anyhoo, I decided to drop all exerises in futility, and post when I have
    time & the subject interests me. Isn't that what we all do after all.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    I don't need a pity party, thanks.
    Well, at least explain where they are in relation to the Green and Libertarians?

Well, at least explain where they are in relation to the Green and Libertarians?
    RICHARRRRRRRD!!!!

You is SUCH a brat!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Perhaps she has other things on her mind right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Thanks for posting this. I did send both blue and Puckstop a private message just this morning - enlightening them. Or so I hope.
    I read the thread when it was first posted and didnt add anything as I have no experience with the procedure or illness. I didnt connect the lack of responses by Liz to her thread and what she is going through do to my lack of an attention span, and my own medical issues along with everything else that has gone on recently.

Liz I appologise for any snide, snarky, or sacastic comments Ive made while you are dealing with the issues you are dealing with. I pray and wish you the best with what you are going through.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post

I think they are related to the Gloomy party.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    I think they are related to the Gloomy party.
    Buena Suerte, tomorrow.

When you sit down with the doctor get a big room, You'll have a tons of PTers there with you.

Write all your ?? down and don't worry-sometimes there are male nurse around.

--------------

I have resigned myself to not watch any TV today. I went next door to visit my mom and she had the tube on.....I didn't pay any attention and still haven't turned on my TV. Even the stupid Rock and Roll radio station was pushing the 'vote'.

Eff this. IT's alllllmmmmmooooooosssssstttttt over. Time to plug in DVD!