Page 45 of 257 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595145 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics and religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
    OK, so we KNOW the government does it. Both "sides" do it. Yet we are willing to keep on letting them do it by putting them back in office?

Grace - You think BO will get your approval to further negate the Constitution? Look, we all know that Bush is the devil and most of what he did was bad. Lets move past that and NOT put another person, just like him OR WORSE in the White House. BO is on record, many, many times now, saying that the Constitution is the problem. Not that we don't adhere to it, but that it is THE problem. If that does not scare the crap out of you.... Well, then there really is no hope and it will come, eventually, to open armed conflict. Why? Because there are way to many people who took an oath to uphold and defend that document and what it stands for... Against ALL enemies, foreign or domestic. I took that oath, to defend the document and what it stands for, not the men and women in DC raping it. I keep my word. It is not time yet, but those storms clouds are getting nasty.

If there ever was a case for a 3rd party... This election is IT.
    The Constitution is not THE problem!!! It's the idiots who don't follow it. Bush had the support of Congress before he invaded Iraq, no matter what they are trying to make everyone believe now. I don't recall anywhere in the Constitution saying go invade another country if you don't like their leader!!!

If the Constitution falls, so does our country. At least it can't be amended by just one person.

By the way, I've heard the European Union is wanting to take over the banking systems of the world. Now THAT scares the bejeebers out of me.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Sorry, but they have to get in line behind all the wall street investment
    firms and large banking firms that need some of our"wealth" to put them back
    in business.
    So you agree the bailout bill is bad?
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    The Constitution is not THE problem!!! It's the idiots who don't follow it. Bush had the support of Congress before he invaded Iraq, no matter what they are trying to make everyone believe now. I don't recall anywhere in the Constitution saying go invade another country if you don't like their leader!!!

If the Constitution falls, so does our country. At least it can't be amended by just one person.

By the way, I've heard the European Union is wanting to take over the banking systems of the world. Now THAT scares the bejeebers out of me.
    OK, so we AGREE.

A vote for Obama is a vote for doing away with the Consitution. A vote for McCain is a vote for more of the same "back room" redistirbution of wealth.

Pick your poison. OR Vote for a 3rd party.

Bush will be a saint compared to either one of these clowns. Think about THAT.

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

If they EARNED it, yes. But you want to go after a REAL evil greedy company? Pick on Google. Pick on Microsoft. Pick on APPLE.

8% "windfall" profits, that kind of money is chicken feed compared to Google.
    If I were president, you can bet your underwear, I would go after them if they were a US comany and subject to taxes!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

A long but excellent editorial. And NEUTRAL. Please read the whole thing. The best part is at the end.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/Story?id=6099188&page=5

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

A long but excellent editorial. And NEUTRAL. Please read the whole thing. The best part is at the end.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/Story?id=6099188&page=5
    THIS is the link you should have posted. Yours takes one to the 5th page of the article, and I would have read only that. But you said the article was long, and that one page was short.

Since I voted yesterday, it's too late for any one to change my mind!

I did see a funny commercial by McCain today. He said he would not sign ANY bill that had ANY pork attatched to it. I remember lots of people saying the same thing when running.

Only problem is, the only way they can get bills passed that they want, is if they allow pork that the congress wants. Same way congress sneaks the big raises they get every year by everyone while pretending they are not getting them.

Stick them in a long bill and don't allow line by line veto!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    THIS is the link you should have posted. Yours takes one to the 5th page of the article, and I would have read only that. But you said the article was long, and that one page was short.

Thanks Grace. I am such a tool. LOL

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

BO is on record, many, many times now, saying that the Constitution is the problem. Not that we don't adhere to it, but that it is THE problem. If that does not scare the crap out of you.... Well, then there really is no hope and it will come, eventually, to open armed conflict. .

Shall I warn the FBI now that you are inviting armed conflict among
    citizens after this election? Do you realize how you sound saying all
    this stuff?

Please, pretty please, show me your proof of Obama saying this the US
    Constitution is a problem in any way.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Just wanted to share my very favorite cartoon of the day.

I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    Since I voted yesterday, it's too late for any one to change my mind!
    And I voted last week.

Shall I warn the FBI now that you are inviting armed conflict among
    citizens after this election? Do you realize how you sound saying all
    this stuff?
    Good God Liz... You are such a drama queen. Please get over yourself.

I pray every day that it does NOT come to that. But I fear it might. And yes, I realize how I sound saying this. The scary truth is, well, scary.

Please, pretty please, show me your proof of Obama saying this the US
    Constitution is a problem in any way.
    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/?pageId=79225

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11OhmY1obS4

Now I know you are going to rip the source. But listen to the Youtube link. the read this article...

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/Story?id=6099188&page=1

If you look at the victories and failures of the civil rights movement and its litigation strategy in the court, I think where it succeeded was to invest formal rights in previously dispossessed people, so that now I would have the right to vote. I would now be able to sit at the lunch counter and order and as long as I could pay for it I’d be OK.

But, the Supreme Court never ventured into the issues of redistribution of wealth, and of more basic issues such as political and economic justice in society. To that extent, as radical as I think people try to characterize the Warren Court, it wasn't that radical. It didn't break free from the essential constraints that were placed by the Founding Fathers in the Constitution, at least as it's been interpreted, and the Warren Court interpreted in the same way, that generally the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties. Says what the states can't do to you. Says what the federal government can't do to you, but doesn't say what the federal government or state government must do on your behalf.

And that hasn't shifted and one of the, I think, tragedies of the civil rights movement was because the civil rights movement became so court-focused I think there was a tendency to lose track of the political and community organizing and activities on the ground that are able to put together the actual coalition of powers through which you bring about redistributive change. In some ways we still suffer from that.

The man wants to modify the Constitution. He wants it to be a document of entitlement, rather than a document of FREEDOM. He thinks the Constitution CONSTRAINS people.

I have read just about every word of the Federalist Papers. I have done extensive reading and research into the founders, their ideals and their motives. The documents they created are the greatest documents of governance in history. Perfect? No. But they must have done something right. Weare, in a short span of time, the most free, prosperous and influential nation in history.

To put it in one sentence... The man wants to turn it into a document of entitlements, and change it from a document of FREEDOMS.

I challenge you to actually READ the Declaration of Independence and The Constitution. Tell me what you think. Then compare it to the "government" we have today.

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

You have seriously misunderstood what was being discussed & what Obama was trying to show to whomever he was speaking to.

The constitution was mentioned & so was the Warren Court, but his main
    points in the conversation was about neither.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

lol,

Bill Bratton, the uber general of the LAPD, did broach the idea of having more cops on board for election night in case there was social unrest due to the results of the election.
    Many police chiefs across the country have already stated this concern....
    I think that it may be a thinly veiled racist desire to keep the peace.

And on the female front?

In West Hollywood a hanging effigy of Sarah Palin hangs on the side of a home- Now, where are all the women that should take exception to this show of woman hatred-there was an interview with the two men that put it up as 'installation art".

I love El Lay!

You have seriously misunderstood what was being discussed & what Obama was trying to show to whomever he was speaking to.

The constitution was mentioned & so was the Warren Court, but his main
    points in the conversation was about neither.
    Right Liz... I am the one who misunderstood. You are so infinetley more clairvoyant than I, than anybody for that matter. It's not like I have spent most of my adult life spending time reading, discussing (honsetly... not with intellectual juveniles...) and studying our founders and what their intent was for our country.

Liz, there is not one intellectually honest bone in your body. You would not see the truth if it slapped you in the face with a brick. See, I admit it when I am beaten.... I am honest enough and wise enough to know that we learn more from failure than success...

So tell me... What WAS his point? The more detail you can provide, the better, please.

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War