Page 43 of 257 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051525393143 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics and religion.

1. Yes, you do have exceptional coverage. And a very low premium contribution for employees. However...someone somewhere is paying the rest of the premium.

No, in an HMO you do not have Primary Care Physicians. You select a clinic. That is the end of the selections you have.

She does not speak English which limits her options.

You should know you really have exceptional coverage -- that is pretty much unheard of outside of public employees or some very large employers.

Your plan would be just unaffordable for the average employer.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    Yes, you do have exceptional coverage. And a very low premium contribution for employees. However...someone somewhere is paying the rest of the premium.

You should know you really have exceptional coverage -- that is pretty much unheard of outside of public employees or some very large employers.

Your plan would be just unaffordable for the average employer.
    The "someone" paying the rest of the premium would be our school district.
    This would also mean that it's being paid for, in part, by taxes.

I know we have exceptional coverage. I worked elsewhere before becoming a teacher. I know how much it costs for coverage if your employer doesn't pay for the bulk of it like the employer I have now. Like I said, I helped with the bargaining for it. I was on the exec. committee of our union.

What I'd like to see is the people I teach with realize that as well when all they do is bitch and moan about a higher copay being deducted from their paycheck.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn_librarian View Post

I know we have exceptional coverage. I worked elsewhere before becoming a teacher. I know how much it costs for coverage if your employer doesn't pay for the bulk of it like the employer I have now. Like I said, I helped with the bargaining for it. I was on the exec. committee of our union.

What I'd like to see is the people I teach with realize that as well when all they do is bitch and moan about a higher copay being deducted from their paycheck.

I like you a little bit more everytime you post Jen. LOL We still disagree on a lot of stuff, but seeing you post this...

Very little makes my blood boil more than issues surrounding our public schools. The ingratitude of people "in the system" just amazes me. School districts going on strike because they are "only" getting a 3% raise. Or because they might have to pay 3% of their health premium. Or raising property taxes so they can build a million dollar FOOTBALL stadium.

You want to see the public school system excel? Do away with the unions. Let the great teachers excel... Let the bad teachers pound sand. Let parents choose what school their kid goes to. Allow teachers to kick disruptive students out.

But if I could change only one thing? Stop funding schools with property taxes. Increase the sales tax. My home should be MY home. I should not be renting it from the government.
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

4. Quote Originally Posted by jenn_librarian View Post

You should talk to your employer about publishing a benefits statement. There are lots of good vendors out there who prepare them. It is a way to show employees the value of the benefits they recieve but don't pay for directly.

Most employer pay an additional 40 cents in benefits for every dollar in direct pay. Employee tend to think if they don't pay for it, it is "free."

I would guess that plan you negoitated costs around $800 per month or more for single coverage. You pay $20 I think (I am not sure how often you are paid.)

Most employers today require employees to pay 20 - 25% of the cost of the premiums.

Unfotunately most employees only realize the value of their benefits when they lose them and have to go COBRA!

Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
    Vote for ANYbody other than either of these clowns.
    Puckstop, I know you said in at least one other thread that you were voting for neither of the major candidates. Thought you might enjoy reading THIS. Lead editorial in my local Sunday paper. This newspaper is normally on the very liberal side, so this surprised me.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Puckstop, I know you said in at least one other thread that you were voting for neither of the major candidates. Thought you might enjoy reading THIS. Lead editorial in my local Sunday paper. This newspaper is normally on the very liberal side, so this surprised me.

Excellent article Grace. Thank you for sharing. It pretty well sums up just about everything.

Add to that Obama's disdain for individual liberties that get in the way of his agenda and McCain's age, coupled with a poor choice for a running mate...

Yikes...

Like the article says, whoever wins, I hope he proves us wrong.
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post

Grace, here is a well considered & thoughtful editorial endorsement
    that I was happily surprised to read. It complements both sides, but does
    make a thoughtful choice. IMO.

http://www.adn.com/opinion/story/567867.html
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Grace, here is a well considered & thoughtful editorial endorsement
    that I was happily surprised to read. It complements both sides, but does
    make a thoughtful choice. IMO.
    Thanks for the link. I had heard on the news that they had endorsed Obama, but had not had the opportunity to read it.

Please keep in mind the ADN is a left leaning publication that is a part of The McClatchy Company and is not owned by Alaskans.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

I just saw this on a CNN special w/D.L. Hughley.

"Sarah Palin is the second woman nominated to run for Veep.
    Joe Biden was the first."

11. Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    I just saw this on a CNN special w/D.L. Hughley.

"Sarah Palin is the second woman nominated to run for Veep.
    Joe Biden was the first."
    How droll. But wouldn't that make her the third?

Geraldine was a man!
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Geraldine was a man!
    The short hair may have thrown you off!

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    The short hair may have thrown you off!
    Transgendered then.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Now, now , now... just because she sports the Ellen Degeneres look doesn't mean she plays on the same field. Be nice boys!