Page 42 of 257 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292142 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics and religion.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,441301,00.html

I wonder how the episode went over with the racists and rednecks in Pennsylvania?

Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post

I wonder how the episode went over with the racists and rednecks in Pennsylvania?

Interesting.
    That show has always looked stupid to me so I have never watched it....since I am one of the racist rednecks in PA, perhaps I should be offended. I am more offended by John Murtha- http://www.gopusa.com/news/2008/octo...urtha_pa.shtml

Unless someone else called us hicks racist that I don't know about.....

Quote Originally Posted by JenBKR View Post
    Unless someone else called us hicks racist that I don't know about.....
    I had to do a double take when I saw/heard the vid clip- I suppose he'll come back and say he was 'taken out of context'.

One thing that I have found disturbing is the Spanish language news coverage of the election.

Here in So Cal there are 7 cable channels in spanish and they have been running ads/psa spots for people to register to vote.

One station/channel is Univision, owned by NBC. NBC's slant is more toward electing the Democratic Party and their programming, aimed at the spanish speaking community, reflects it.

The news anchors always give a raving review of BO's poll leads, his public speeches and promises-and then begin the pleas to register to vote.

THere are many illegal aliens in the Southland and many of them believe that they do have a right to vote in the election. During those psa announcements they talk about a person's right to vote and never address the possibility that
    the people registering may be committing a crime.

Another cause for concern is the registration, at such a late date for elections, does not give the local registrar ample time to verify information on the forms.

That, and the funny business with the ACORN organization, should be considered when setting deadlines for registering people for elections.

This is a mess that has a simple solution.

4. You may remember my story about the Orange County Republicans registering voters outside grocery stores and accepting the validity of my registration without any proof of residence.

Of course, they were most unhappy when I insisted on registering Independent.

He did not tell me I might be committing a crime.

Does that give you as much concern as ACORN?

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post

Interesting.
    Since when are rednecks and racists only in PA??

You want to expound on that comment, Sir Richard??

I'm not a redneck, and I am not racist.

Oh, and for the record, I happen to like Family Guy, if only for the musical montages they do. The humor on there is quite odd. I'd much rather watch Everybody Loves Raymond (on at the same time here, 11pm). I still don't get the talking dog and talking baby that wants to kill it's mother. It's a very odd show.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn_librarian View Post

You want to expound on that comment, Sir Richard??

I'm not a redneck, and I am not racist.

Oh, and for the record, I happen to like Family Guy, if only for the musical montages they do. The humor on there is quite odd. I'd much rather watch Everybody Loves Raymond (on at the same time here, 11pm). I still don't get the talking dog and talking baby that wants to kill it's mother. It's a very odd show.
    I believe he is referring to the remark made by Murtha about western Pennsylvanians (see my earlier post with the link).

I saw your post, but his post, with comment, was before yours, and had the link for Family Guy.

8. Quote Originally Posted by jenn_librarian View Post

Oh no! There are racists in California too. Some people don't think Mexican immigrants are intelligent enough to know you must be a citizen to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn_librarian View Post
    I saw your post, but his post, with comment, was before yours, and had the link for Family Guy.
    Yeah, I wasn't quite sure where he was going with the Family Guy link...this IS Richard we are talking about!!

Quote Originally Posted by JenBKR View Post
    Yeah, I wasn't quite sure where he was going with the Family Guy link...this IS Richard we are talking about!!

LOL, just trying to jar some brain cells around and to see if anyone even paid attention to Murtha.

IT was a little joke, I was connecting the cartoon about JM and SP being the favorites for the Nazi party, as suggested by the guy that created Family Guy, and the comment by Murtha.

It would seem Chicago is the second city no more... At least in some ways.

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/chicago....2.847736.html
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

12. Thank goodness for our medical system!

Yesterday a client called me about a problem with an employee. The employee was hysterical -- crying, etc. Clearly from the description of her behavior she needs medical help.

The problem? She belongs to an HMO and the next available appointment to see a doctor is November 22.

The company is helping her get the medical assistance she needs.

Next time someone tells you about other countries with Universal Healthcare and the long waits people must endure...think of Anna!

I have PPO Health Plan, pretty close to the HMO. I've never had a problem with waiting to get an appointment, just getting off from work to get an appointment, or trying to schedule an appointment while working 2 jobs.

If all else fails, I go to the ER and it costs me $35.00

I think with HMOs you have to submit an ER visit a little differently, but if she needs medical attention and can't get in with her regular physician, you go to the ER. Or find another physician who also accepts that insurance. Normally there is more than ONE physician who accepts that insurance (unless the company was really cheap and went with some totally unknown insurance company).

14. Blue Cross. Fairly well known. She will not go to the emergency room as the deductible is $1,500 -- which she cannot afford. When you make $9.00 an hour that is alot.

An HMO does not pay ANYTHING if you go to another physician. That is the difference between a PPO and an HMO. NO out of network benefits.

These are the people who fall through the cracks. They have a job. They do not qualify for government assistance. But for affordable insurance you have many co-pays -- that they cannot afford to pay.

You have excellent coverage if ER is only $35.00.

She does have a choice as to who she picks as a primary care physician, does she not? I mean, is there only one primary? Will they allow her to change her primary to one that has better office hours?

Our school district offered us a choice (after BC/BS split) of keeping our traditional coverage (with deductibles) or a PPO. Every family is different, and certain coverages work better for certain people. I chose the PPO. I get the doc for $10, and the ER for $35. When I started at BASD, my copay per paycheck was $9.00 (a steal). Since then it has gone up to $20 (this is after 11 years). Up until this school year, it didn't matter if you were one person, or a family of 8, you got the healthcare for the same copay deduction from your paycheck. You'd be amazed at the amount of teachers who complained about having the copay per paycheck go up. I was part of the bargaining committee, and I wanted to tell them to go look at private companies and see how much those people pay for their insurance. (You can't please everyone, and some of the teachers I work with are the whiniest people I've ever met...)

Our medical insurance is bargained for, and everyone of our teachers is covered by the insurance, whether you have coverage through your spouse or not. Some people get ticked off by that, although it's a fairly small group that has that issue, but they still are not given the choice as to whether they want the insurance or not (this copay that is deducted from our paycheck includes prescription coverage.. $10 per Rx for up to 90 days a Rx, and also dental coverage). So, yes, we do have good coverage, and at a very reasonable cost to the employees.