Page 39 of 257 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041424344454647484989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics and religion.

"Investigators probing ACORN have learned that an Ohio man registered to vote several times and cast a bogus ballot with a fake address, officials said yesterday, as they revealed that nearly 4,000 registration applications supplied by the left-leaning activist group were suspect. "

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10142008...orn_133540.htm

"Teenager Freddie Johnson said he was offered smokes and dollar bills to fill out voter registration cards. "

http://www.cleveland.com/news/plaind...860.xml&coll=2

And of course.... BO "distances" himself from ANOTHER shady "friend".

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1223...mEditorialPage

BO has a clear lead. Why does all this need to happen? OR, if he really has nothing to do with it, condemn it.
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

From ACORN grow mighty OAFS.

If it wasn't so tragic it would be funny.

MORONS.

Screw it, Im tired of the stupid sh!7 from both campaigns. Im back to my original plan, NObama, No McSame.

Voting Libertarian Party for POTUS and, AIP for everything else.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

4. When we were relocated to SoCal four years ago I wanted to register to vote. There was a stand outside the grocery store. I asked if I could register even though I as yet had nothing to show I lived in California.

No problem.

I began filing out the paperwork. I checked Independent. The man working the registration told me no, I had to register as Republican. I told him I had been registered to vote since my 18th birthday and had never registered for any party.

He replied he would not get paid unless I registered as a Republican.

I guess he did not get paid.

Later I saw in the news some fuss about it.

Shenanigans in voter registration is as old as dirt and is not the sole preserve of any party!

But when you are desparate....

Any party paying people to try and register FIRST time voters? No problem.

Paying people to register people, multiple times? Dead people? Felons? Not so much.

Mickey Mouse? Come on. LOL At least put SOME effort into it.

ETA - I do agree with you however that voter registration fraud is not the domain of any one party. All the more reason to wipe the slate clean!!! Vote for ANYbody other than either of these clowns. Send the message that we are done with the parties dividing us.

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    When we were relocated to SoCal four years ago I wanted to register to vote. There was a stand outside the grocery store. I asked if I could register even though I as yet had nothing to show I lived in California.

No problem.

I began filing out the paperwork. I checked Independent. The man working the registration told me no, I had to register as Republican. I told him I had been registered to vote since my 18th birthday and had never registered for any party.

He replied he would not get paid unless I registered as a Republican.

I guess he did not get paid.

Later I saw in the news some fuss about it.

Shenanigans in voter registration is as old as dirt and is not the sole preserve of any party!

But when you are desparate....
    Whoa...now that's a bit much. I think that would make me want to register for the other party! Hopefully he got in trouble for that one. Guess I should be glad that I registered to vote in the computer era, where I was able to do it online.

7. Quote Originally Posted by JenBKR View Post
    Hopefully he got in trouble for that one.
    There was a bit of a fuss in the newspaper for a while about how voter registration was being done but I don't think anything came of it. That is just how things are done here in SoCal I guess!

Voter registration fraud is quite different then voter fraud. Nobody really
    expects Mickey Mouse to actually show up to vote do they?
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Voter registration fraud is quite different then voter fraud. Nobody really
    expects Mickey Mouse to actually show up to vote do they?
    LOL. Keep dancing. You are missing the point. Why don't ya google it and figure it out?

I'll help.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post

Dallas Cowboys registered to vote in NV,
    They can read a playbook, but geography may not be a strong suit.

The only thing that really pulls me into this year of politics is the Health Care issues.

Let me tell you, gentle reader, that if you want to get totally screwed if you get sick, vote for the idiot who wants to nationalize health care.

There will be blood, when and if the government takes over the HC system.
    People should look to the idiots driving the bus to reform the system, not take it over.

The level of care will suffer and the statement about getting the same level of care that either one of those two gets, as members of the Senate, makes me want to pull down my pants to clear the smoke from my crotch.

You won't get anywhere near the care or facilities they enjoy. Matter of fact,
    the health plan that I worked for encouraged the "partners" -doctors and the patients were 'customers' - not to order diagnostic screening like x-rays, blood tests and other tests.

If you hate to see people dying in facilities waiting to see a physician, wait for socialized HC, 12 hour ER room visits will be the norm.

Pack a lunch, sweater and War and Peace. You might get over your illness before you see a doctor.

On second thought, make out a will while you wait,.

11. How fascinating RICHARD that you know what the medical care system would be like under a single payer system as opposed to the system we currently have.

I again bring up the statistic that our system is 37th in the world in care, #1 in cost.

I just finished the medical benefit renewal for a client of mine. They are a small, strugglng manufacturing company in LA County.

Thanks to an outstanding broker we were able to bring it in at a 6% increase. Family coverage is $1,434 a month.

It is not a top plan -- middle of the pack I'd say. We did that by carving out some things -- employees will have to pay more. And both the company and the employees will pay 6% more than they are paying now.

I find it interesting that so many other countries can figure out a way to go to a single payer system and provide better care than we do. I have more faith in the people of the United States than to say we cannot do what others have done.

(And those who are going to respond with anecdotal experience of bad service in other countries -- I am sure there are service issue. But here too. How many people have died in waiting rooms this year?)

What?

I find it interesting that someone is interested in the interesting costs of having a HC system interested in giving a person coverage at just under 1500 dollars, without having to pay interest,

I guess it is true what people say about reading comprehension.

Some people get it.

----------

If you are interested about costs and numbers.....37, 1, 25 or 6 two four?
    Look into what med implants cost. And why they cost so much. Then find a few salespeople to speak to.

With apologies to all who have relatives in that field-Most of them are greedy AHs with the soul of a gnat, they have no qualms about getting a contract at any means and will literally try to tell you that the sun sets in the east.

All I'll say about this is that I'm happy to pay a higher tax and know that everyone in Denmark can be treated for free in a hospital, and of course go to a doctor free of charge. We do pay some for dental visits, though.

This is how our system works: http://www.im.dk/publikationer/healthcare_in_dk/all.htm

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    All I'll say about this is that I'm happy to pay a higher tax and know that everyone in Denmark can be treated for free in a hospital, and of course go to a doctor free of charge. We do pay some for dental visits, though.

This is how our system works: http://www.im.dk/publikationer/healthcare_in_dk/all.htm
    The HC system here in the US is very costly because of the laws, the lawsuits and the beliefs - propagated by stupid TV shows - that you can have a pill or procedure that will cure you of everything.

----------

I have used this example time and time again.

A stainless steel screw, used to fix fractures in bones, can cost around 50-60 dollars. THat was a few years ago. Because the screw has a special bit to insert it and a special thread the costs go up because the facility has to purchase or rent a special drill to use. Then the costs to keep that driver in service are another consideration.

For sixty dollars you can purchase a few boxes of stainless steel screws at a home repair center.

There are tons of costs related to the screw. Research and development, manufacturing, insurance and ???? Many people will RUN to a lawyer and in some cases rightly so, should a medical device fail or not work.

On TV there are regular ads from lawyers that ask, 'if you took X medicine, or had X treatment and your loved one died or is still ill, call our office, you may be eligible for a cash settlement for you pain and suffering...."

It makes me think of people getting paid to be ill, as sucky as that sounds-

Malpractice is another consideration, but why would a doctor make mistakes like that?

IT's a mess and money has a great deal to do with it.

15. Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    The HC system here in the US is very costly because of the laws, the lawsuits and the beliefs - propagated by stupid TV shows - that you can have a pill or procedure that will cure you of everything.
    What an attempt at a vast oversimplification of a very complex issue. There are lots of things that make our health care system the most expensive.

And anyone who doesn't think it is already "socialized" is not looking at the big picture. Group insurance is a form of socialization. Every time someone in the plan gets medical treatment -- everyone in the plan indirectly pays. Every time you buy goods or services you are paying for the medical care of the employees involved in the entire chain of production.

I think $16,800 to pay for medical insurance for a family (3 or more people in the family) is expensive. Add on to that deductibles and co-pays.

If you could buy that coverage -- if not provided by your employer -- it would be closer to $20,000 a year. If you could get it. Every been prescribed an anti-depressant? You probably are uninsurable. Any cancer, asthma, heart murmur in your medical history? Most likely uninsurable.

There is a whole lot of greed to go around. Drug companies, medical providers, medical devise companies, lawyers, and patients.

But assigning blame or whining about what is wrong doesn't do much toward correcting the situation! And it needs correcting. I would like to see the U.S. move up to maybe...15th?