Page 3 of 257 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics and religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary
    As long as he wears politically correct jewelry....
    What is it with you and jewelry?

Are you a TYPICAL woman who likes shiny things?

---------------------

I saw a great film clip from the Easter Sunday service from the Church of the Ex-Spiritual- Advisor-But-Still-My-Pal Wright....

Apparently the rev Moss, Wright's off-the-bench substitute, did a nice sermon about the "lynching" by the media of the church.

He also wanted donations and pushed the sale of his sermon on DVD-Oh, BTW the money goes to defend the church against the attacks in the media.

---------------

What government office do you think the rev Jerry Wright would have been tapped for under a BO regime?

Will that change for the new president? I mean I got kinda used to living under a regime-I hope it don't change.

2. There you go again RICHARD...babbling in RICHARDspeak!

Let's recap....RICHARD starts a thread about the political correctness of the jewelry of a presidential candidate.

When he doesn't like the responses he accuses ME of liking "shiny things."

Yes I do. Yellow gold, diamonds, sapphires, rubies. I'll pass on the emeralds.

However, there is no hidden message in my jewelry...no political statement -- no support of this or absence of support of that.

Sometimes jewelry is just....jewelry!

BTW...did you see Pastor Hagee's Easter sermon?

Yes ES you are just a silly women worried about jewlery Just kidding I saw how that one got turned around.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

4. ...and I read in today's paper (letters to the editor)...that Obama has connections to the Kenyan Muslims (a powerful internationally known terrorist group????) and that his candidacy is an attempt by the Kenyan Muslims to take over the United States.

All hope is lost for an intelligent discussion of the issues...

LOL,

This is a great thread.

Let me dismiss the Kenyan connection. That sounds like a right wing conspiracy.

I do the richardspeak when I can't get a arguement that satisfies me.

When I toss out a thought I get back the TYPICAL "How highschool!" post.

Isn't that what the US is all about? Picking the 'best' person to lead us? It seems that I should be able to question the qualifications and character of any candidate running for office.

BO could put a flag on a staff and fly it from any orifice on his body.
    It doesn't change the ideals that he and his wife has expressed.

How's about a post where you can defend some of the statements BO has made about his church? Or what his wife said about the US being mean and lazy? Most of these AHs use the "out of context", "misqouted" defense.
    How's about thinking before they make a statement?

Seems like BO never heard the rev spewing hate, then he may have heard something and then there ain't no doubt about what kind of message came out of Wright's mouth.

I guess it's OK to be associated with a hatemonger, as a friend, not a spiritual
    advisor. Besides the "freedom of speech" angle, can you defend the AIDS reference Wright made? How's about the little simulated sex act at the pulpit?
    The USKKK of A sermon?

The comments about Wright and grandma being old and the product of stereotyping by the media doesn't make you think a bit? Didn't the "typical white person" comment make you wonder about his stereotyping white people?

Defend MO's statements.

-------------

The world stopped when the female announcer made a comment about Tiger Woods being lynched by his fellow golfers. Could it be because he wins every fricking Open he enters? Nope, It's all racial and it don't matter that TW wasn't worried about it.

The lynching subject comes up during a sermon at the same pulpit where Wright spews his BS. Lynching again associated with a black man and
    where is rev Sharptongue to denounce the use of word in THAT situation?

Ah,
    Ignore the man behind the curtain. (That is a reference to the Wizard of OZ)
    It seems like a little old man pulled the wool over the eyes of the people of OZ until someone figured out what was going on.

Are you still with me??

BO has the same flash, smoke and mirrors going on-The media pulled the curtain to the side and it's time to see who the real candidate is.

If you read this post this far, send me 5,000 dollars. I got you where I want you.
    Last edited by RICHARD; 03-24-2008 at 07:14 PM.

OMG I'm starting to understand you Richard. Is that a good thing
    or not?

Anyway, I think BO's slip of the tongue, off the cuff, or whatever you want
    to call it, was a huge gaffe on his part. It was his subconscious speaking
    and not the well rehearsed rhetoric he's so famous for.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud
    OMG I'm starting to understand you Richard. Is that a good thing
    or not?

Anyway, I think BO's slip of the tongue, off the cuff, or whatever you want
    to call it, was a huge gaffe on his part. It was his subconscious speaking
    and not the well rehearsed rhetoric he's so famous for.
    You can keep the 5 grand.

BO is painful to watch when he "speaks without a safety net".

The UMs, You Knows and pauses make me cringe. The other night I counted
    14 ums in the space of two minutes. If you wanted to play a drinking game using the UM as the criteria for talking a drink, You'd lose your liver in 20 minutes. Some people will take the UMs as a sign that someone is thinking about what will come out of their mouth.

I really don't see that in this case.

---------

I saw Mitt Romney during the torch run of the Salt Lake City Olympic Games.
    That dude was sharply dressed, very official and was very well spoken. I am not star-struck or impressed by stars, politicians or athletes anymore. I don't 'like' men either.

I could not keep my eyes off of him. He has a very apparent aura about him- he has presence. When the Mormon/Polygamy scandal came up, I laughed. OOHHH! Your church used to allow multiple wives. What about the Catholic Church? If the Muslims are still sore about the Crusades I am sure we can put any religion under a microscope and find fault.

MR didn't have a spiritual advisor problem. As much as the media tried to connect him with polygamy it didn't pan out.

Here you have a situation where a candidate for the presidency refuses to sever the ties he has to a person who has made some of the goofiest statements against the same government who probably grant his church a
    non profit/tax free status.

Liz,
    Don't bother to try and understand me. I'm not running for any office. Try to get into the heads of the people who want the presidency-they are the one who count!

I stand corrected!

I was just informed that BO has never refused to place his hand over his heart during the Pledge of Allegiance.

Flog away!

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD

I'm not running for any office.
    Awwwww... NUTZ!

I was just about to color in my RICH fur PREZ sign!

Whadda'my gonna do with it now?

I stand corrected!

I was just informed that BO has never refused to place his hand over his heart during the Pledge of Allegiance.

Flog away!
    Never believed it for a second anyhow. I considered the source.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

11. Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD
    I stand corrected!

Flog away!
    Hyperbole, exaggeration, out of context, distortion....<<shrug>> what's new?

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom
    Never believed it for a second anyhow. I considered the source.
    That happens when I cinch up my pants. I really can't hear myself speak through the fabric in the seat.

I've PMed you my address, send me my money-no checks-just small bills.

C&S

Recycle the sign ......or on second thought......I may have an office in my regime...ah, cabinet for you. Interested?

------------------

What's up with Bill Richardson??

In keeping with the religion part of the thread...... James Carville called BR a "Judas" for endorsing BO. Richardson is a good pal of the Clintons but decided to back Obama. Apparently, the pundits believe that it guarantees Obama the Hispanic vote...Nope, the only thing guaranteed is BR on the short list as Obama's running partner should the nod go to him. Another 'attractive' selling point for his quest for the White House.

"Hey look, Not only did I get a Hispanic dude to help me win, I got him to help run the country....."

Thank god we are getting past the issue of race....

If you get a warm compress and sterilize a needle you can lance a hyperbole.

Or just deny you have one!

What's new with you......Got any points to defend?

C&S

... or on second thought ... I may have an office in my regime ... ah, cabinet for you.
    Interested?
    Depends ...

What's IN the Cabinet??

Oh Oh! I thought you said HYPER BOIL!

C&S

It's the Liquor Cabinet!
    Kidding, I can make you King of Lost Angeles! Nice weather, smog, traffic and beautiful women.