Page 29 of 257 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031323334353637383979129 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics and religion.

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    She also goes moose hunting! And is a member of the NRA, Now you know something else about her. I really hate killing animals for sport.

Why? What is more free range and natural than that? What is more in tune with nature than stalking and hunting game? It is difficult and more times than not, the game wins.
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Well, she's under investigation in her own state for using her clout to get
    her State Trooper BIL fired from his job. She's to be deposed soon in the
    court case. Wonder what else comes out about McCains pick?

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/...ef=mpstoryview
    What Richard said.

And, if this is all they got on her.... She is squeaky clean compared to ANY other DC politician.

Yes, you libs should be VERY afraid of this woman. The press will dig, and dig and spin and spin... I doubt they will find anything that sticks. Because like I said, I am confident that the only way you really smear this woman is to lie. And lies always see the daylight, sooner or later. (read: Don't worry, Bush will have his day in court... sooner or later....)

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

So basically what I have gathered so far is that no one knows anything about her.... so she is all wrong for the position? Do some real research on her before determining that she isn't good enough.

All I see is a bunch of ladies complaining because she's pretty.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
    People are always jealous of the champ.

Love ya babe.

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
    So basically what I have gathered so far is that no one knows anything about her.... so she is all wrong for the position? Do some real research on her before determining that she isn't good enough.

She has been governor for less than two years - I believe it is something like 20 months. Before that she was mayor of a small town. Her resume is thin to say the least. There must be thousands of ordinary every day women in this country with the same, or more impressive credentials. Beauty or lack of it is not the issue here. It is the lack of experience of someone a heartbeat from being president.

Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
    People are always jealous of the champ.

Love ya babe.
    lol

but seriously I'm already tired of people throwing her looks in her face. I don't hear any women complaining because obama is an attractive man. that he isn't covered in age spots and wrinkles. it's OK for him... but how dare a woman politician be pretty. Darn her.

let's move onto something else other than her physical beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    She has been governor for less than two years - I believe it is something like 20 months. Before that she was mayor of a small town. Her resume is thin to say the least. There must be thousands of ordinary every day women in this country with the same, or more impressive credentials. Beauty or lack of it is not the issue here. It is the lack of experience of someone a heartbeat from being president.
    So finally someone who isn't a lifelong politician.

Perhaps if more REAL ordinary people ran for president this nation would be a better place. Instead we are stuck between two parties who are both corrupt. perhaps it's time for REAL people to step up to the plate.

I'm not going to discount here yet after a half a day.

8. Quote Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post

Where do you see this? On your t.v? "Cause it sure isn't on here!

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    Where do you see this? On your t.v? "Cause it sure isn't on here!

Since this afternoon I have seen it everywhere. IN articles, on forums, people I talk to. No one can resist bringing up "but she is beauty pageant winner" or "He just picked her because she's pretty"

Insecurity?

It is true-the NRA and hunter's groups are more responsible for keeping up ecosystems and hunting grounds because with out those areas that are protected by hunting seasons and limits there will be no more hunting or fishing.

The WWE, Greenpeace and other enviro 'mentalists' want to protect native species. Great, so what do they do? They force areas to be cut off from hunting and fishing. It forces animals into areas where they multiply, reproduce and graze/eat/strip the areas that they are confined to.

Birth rates and the size of the animals shrink because the eat them selves out of resources. It's natural animal birth control.

I don't hunt and have tried fishing, The thought of either makes me glad that I don't have to do it for food! I don't have a problem with sticker/stamp hunting as LONG AS YOU EAT WHAT YOU KILL, because this is such a foreign idea for most of us, we look at moose meat stew from the animal killed in some kind of horror. I try not to think of the chicken I scarfed down the other day. Did you see the video of the cows they used the taser on at the meat packing plant in CA, I could not watch that! In Fillmore, just to the north of Lost Angeles there is/was a place called Egg City. They did a info piece about the scads of "chikins" that lived there. As egg producers and food for us. It makes you think about what we eat and how we could never survive should we have to do it.

It's a matter of perspective.

PS31,

Great post about the 'free range' food. Living in Cah Lee Fuh Nee Ah there is something laughably stupid about seeing the woman with silicone buildup, Nike shoes, huge fur jacket, a bluetooth ear set asking the butcher about free range chicken.......she did pull out of the driveway in a HUMMER!

----------------

Change?

A straight shooting (pun intended) Unknown from the state of Alaska? Why not?

OR do we leave it to a mumbling lawyer who can't figure out hate speech in a sermon? His wife that was misquoted because she has been proud of being an American at least once in her life?

A senator who I don't know much about and the other old guy that got shot out of a perfectly good airplane and didn't have the common sense to secure his way out of the Hanoi Hilton when he had the chance? His wife, a millionaire and former drunk who owns a brewery? Somehow, I like the chances of the 'real' people on the ballot.

I'd like to see the old guy and the gal get the industrial sized can o'whoop arse
    opened and ready.

It's on baby, it's on!

Is hunting and eating your kill really just killing for sport? LOL

Hubby is going Dove hunting on Monday... and it will be a delicious meal and not subject to living in a cage or going through a slaughter house.

Hey... a successful deer hunting seasons means we don't need to eat any slaughterhouse Beef.

12. Quote Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
    Since this afternoon I have seen it everywhere. IN articles, on forums, people I talk to. No one can resist bringing up "but she is beauty pageant winner" or "He just picked her because she's pretty"

Insecurity?
    Wow! I hadn't heard or read anyone except RICHARD (and I am rather sure is is no lady!) refer to her looks. She was in a beauty pageant??? Hadn't heard that.

What I have heard/read discussed is her qualifications.

We must listen/read different things.

and I'm sorry that we aren't part of all the same forums... perhaps I should only read the forums you do. because I am obviously looking for ONLY articles and opinions that include her looks that must be the case

Giselle made special mention of her being in a beauty pageant... what that has to do with her qualifications I don't know.

I have read about her quite a bit before she was actually chosen for McCain's running mate and it was all very interesting.

Since her "nomination" for VP every article I have read, every forum I have read, just about everyone I have talked to has made mention of her looks, her BP win, and how young she is and have basically said that McCain only chose her because she is pretty.

Perhaps Neither of us are reading or listening to enough "different things"

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    It is true-the NRA and hunter's groups are more responsible for keeping up ecosystems and hunting grounds because with out those areas that are protected by hunting seasons and limits there will be no more hunting or fishing.

We do more to help the environment than the hippies could ever dream of. LOL

LONG AS YOU EAT WHAT YOU KILL,
    Always have... ALWAYS will. You will NEVER seer anthing other than antlers in this house. The rest will be in the freezer. LOL

It's on baby, it's on!

Aww yeah.... Can't wait to watch the libs scream. LOL

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    Wow! I hadn't heard or read anyone except RICHARD (and I am rather sure is is no lady!) refer to her looks. She was in a beauty pageant??? Hadn't heard that.
    Somebody is not paying attention.

We must listen/read different things.
    More true words have never been spoken.

Wait, you 'ignored' me, right?

The truth is a Mfer, eh?

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War