Page 27 of 257 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435363777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics and religion.

I didn't watch Hillary or Bill speak but I did watch Kennedy and last night I watched Biden. I kept thinking to myself "why isn't he at the top of this ticket?" *sigh*

Here's a small point that I want to make that you can revisit in one, two three and then four years.

Two things that make me laugh and think about how stupid the cheering throngs sound.

Oil and healthcare.

BO and JB are on the idea that raising the taxes for the oil companies will lower the price of gas.

This is another kneejerk reaction from the side that thinks a monetary levy will solve the gas crisis? From the same group that doesn't want wind mills or solar panels blocking their views. And the madame secretary is glad that everyone forgot her private jet/ government paid carbon footprint

The other thing is affordable health insurance for the masses.

Dream on! There will never be any affordable health care from the government because they are the government. The number one reason that doctors, health plans and insurance companies go not want to deal with them is that the gov't. drags their feet to pay, the docs and hospitals are governed by a thing called DRGs which tell the health providers that illnesses that require hospital stays are paid for up until a certain day.

THe last hurdle to affordable health care is the law, lawyers and litigants.

People watch too many stupid TV shows about hospitals and doctors that they think HOUSE could treat anyone. A sad sack physician-hack like that would last as long a passing gas in a bubble bath.

Maybe that is the answer.....

Sending people to TV doctors and then making them abide by the script.

Just tripped thru the BO show tonight and I love the way he sent out the message to the rest of the world.

Did I hear him correctly say that we should not have entered Iraq and focused on Osama?

Oh man.........Should he get elected the first thing we should prepare for is another 9/11 style attack.

BO has already stated that he would "talk" to the enemies of our country.
    The people who are supporting him generally scoff at the idea of going to other places and looking to knock off AHs that present a problem to us.

GWB and the U.S. got schooled with our own aircraft.

OBL and any other screwball will be looking for that challenge again-and to test whoever follows in the White House.

-------

He's going to end the war, but we should have gone after OBL, but are we going to talk or defend ourselves next time?

Promises, promises.

I'd rather elect someone who would tell me the truth-

"We are going to try and change (insert your peeve here) and I need your help. I need you to sacrifice for the future. Change will not come tomorrow or next week. Change takes time."

Not some dope, who endlessly stresses a 'change' as some kind of magic word that dosen't mean anything when the clown magician comes off stage.

NOPE.....both candidates are idiots and we are the idiots who hang on every word and promise and return a vote for a dream and a promise-all fluff, no substance!

For what change? How? Why? What will it cost me, you, the rest of us?

We'll know who it is in a few months, a few months after that the curtain will rise on another passion play.

The only difference is the Star of the Show.
    And all the while half of us will sit star struck having forgotten all the promises for and about change.

The other half of us will sit in the audience with our hands covering our faces.....

Break a leg, nitwits!

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Just tripped thru the BO show tonight and I love the way he sent out the message to the rest of the world.
    Richard, whether or not we like the man, last night's event was spectacular. He truly has great oratory abilities. If his governing talents wind up matching his speaking skills he will be the greatest thing since sliced bread. My only negative thought about last night as I watched it unfold was that it cost a bundle. My goodness, the sheer magnitude of turning the stadium into a convention site and then the price for the security that was stepped up to the zillionth degree must have been over the top, not to mention the fireworks display at the end. Yes, it was a spectacular event to behold. I do believe that he will most likely be our next president and only hope that his deeds can match his eloquent words. That remains to be seen.

Now we wait for the news of McCain's #2 man. The Republicans will have a tough act to follow and they might even have to change some plans due to Gustav.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Now we wait for the news of McCain's #2 man.
    Or woman ????

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Or woman ????
    Yes, it looks like SHE has been announced. *sigh* She is a first time governor with next to no experience and he is 72 years old. It is not a stretch to think that she could wind up as President some day. Scares the you know what out of me....

Yes, it looks like SHE has been announced. *sigh* She is a first time governor with next to no experience and he is 72 years old. It is not a stretch to think that she could wind up as President some day. Scares the you know what out of me....
    Brilliant move by McBush. Just simply brilliant.

I cannot wait to watch the VP debate. Sarah Palin is going to mop the floor with Biden.

Plus, McBush has one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel. So the chances of Palin being the first female POTUS, assuming McBush wins, are good.

Obama last night boasted he can't wait for the debates. Me either. He is a great orator, when he has a teleprompter. He makes all his mistakes (read: he tells us who he REALLY is) when the teleprompter is off.

But choosing Palin as his VP... Just awesome!!! I'd did not think he would do it, just because it was the move that makes sense.
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Yes, her lack of experience will be an issue. But she has no less experience than Obama. LOL

But why I like Palin the most is she QUIT political jobs because the Republicans around her were corrupt. If she sticks to that and calls out the corruption... We would be blessed to have such a person as the POTUS.

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Couldn't disagree with you more Puckstop. Biden will make mincemeat out of her in the debates. What was McCain thinking? Looks like political suicide to me.

10. Wow! Is McCain channeling George Bush The First? Picking a candidate based on demographics instead of qualifications?

GBI thought women would vote for him with Dan Quayle on the ticket (because he was pretty - though I never saw that.)

Now McCain picks a woman to woo the Hillary women (aka The Sisterhood of Traveling Pantsuits.)

Rather obvious. I suppose she will show up at her first "national" outing in a pantsuit!

That sure put the cat among the pigeons! Well, I'm oh-for 2 in VP guesses. I guessed Evan Bayh and Pawlenty (Polenta?). Quite a coup for McCain to pick a relative unknown woman governor from Alaska as his running mate. So we're going to have a black President or a female Vice President for the first time ever.

I do like that Palin has a history as a gadfly. This concept of loyal opposition is often lost anymore.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post

GBI thought women would vote for him with Dan Quayle on the ticket (because he was pretty - though I never saw that.)
    Awww c'mon Sara. He was prettier than Pretty Boy Edwards. I can't believe you and I are on the same side of this.

13. Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Awww c'mon Sara. He was prettier than Pretty Boy Edwards.
    I like men with a little meat on them. Both Quayle and Edwards were too scrawny for my taste...

14. And she doesn't even spell her first name correctly!

Couldn't disagree with you more Puckstop. Biden will make mincemeat out of her in the debates. What was McCain thinking? Looks like political suicide to me.
    We shall see I suppose. Biden is clearly the more experienced guy. But he has exploitable weaknesses. Foremost being he is longwinded. IMHO, Biden is also a very arrogant man. If Palin plays it right, she her self is a clever debater, she can make him look mean.

It will be very interesting to watch.

I've had my eyes on Palin for a long time. I just hope that she can resist the urge to end up like every other Washington DC politican. I hope she can stick to her roots.

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War