Thread: Politics and religion.

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post

So, if most of the rest of Kansas wants to pull out of the union, there will be one little yellow house on the prairie that will remain American!!! Of course, the rest of you all might have to air drop me and my cats supplies.

Not to worry Moff. We won't let you & the kitties go hungry.

Although I live in Indiana, one of the Red states involved, I don't think this will be more than a brief outburst of all the sore losers. They seem to
    be going through the five stages of grief right now.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Five stages of grief?

That sounds like something from an MSNBC program.

------------

There are sore winners and gracious winners out there, someplace.

The cackling media are just as guilty of being gold plated AHs as the politicians are. I love it that most news readers won't win with any kind of shot or SA remarks about 'what went wrong'.

What went wrong? The Republican party lost - some of them worse that others - and what then?

------------

The honorable thing to do is to bury the casualties, stop for a second to be gracious and give your opponent a nod for bringing you the fight.

When you dance on the bones of your foe?

-----------------

Ever notice that baboon arse is blue and red?

Plaid, I say! America is not "red" and "blue" - it's plaid! And will remain that way, pundits and naysayers besides. They are actually the smallest of the minorities, but have the loudest whines!

We have not a nation of "winners" and "losers" - we are a nation of human beings of every skin color, ethnicity and size, and our glory is in the things that unite us, not divide us. I don;t know anyone on the streets talking about secession - and here is where the American Revolution started, just a few miles away from me.

And here on Pet Talk, we all have animals we love and spoil and that sets us apart from other folks. But we'll just pity them, and try to education them!
    I've Been Frosted

I played sports for all my life - but I am devoid of the "winner gene" - The beauty of sports is looking across the line at your opponent and playing to the best of your ability.

After game I always felt good about being able to play, If the team won? So much better.

Afterwards you shook hands or sat around for a soda, beer or played again.

-----------------

Sportsmanship is a as important as winning or losing.

You can tell who the winners are because you forget who won the next day.

Losers will remind you, long after the contest is over, that they won the game.

----------------

Instead of the politicians and media rolling up their sleeves and saying, "good game, let's plan the next match?"

They are too busy reminding everyone they won - no wonder no one wants to play with them again........

5. Strange But True

According to a letter to the editor in today's Orange County Register the cause of the demise of Hostess was not bad management...it was not evil unions...it was....

are you ready? This is almost impossible to believe...but if it was in the OC Register it MUST be true...the responsiblity goes to...

Michelle Obama

That's right. It is her fault because for "so many years" she has been advising people not to eat unhealthy and fattening snacks and junk food.

Never mind how many people have been telling folks that before her ... and been ignored just as much. And even she would allow a snack cake if it was a treat, not an everyday substitute for fruit in their diet, for example.

Don't you love how there's gotta be someone to blame for everything? No one ever admits it is their own fault ... must be some external influence, yeah ... find a celebrity to blame!

Hey, maybe it is MY fault - after all, it has been many, many years since I have eaten a Twinky, even before I had food allergies that now prevent me from eating them ...
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Never mind how many people have been telling folks that before her ... and been ignored just as much. And even she would allow a snack cake if it was a treat, not an everyday substitute for fruit in their diet, for example.

Don't you love how there's gotta be someone to blame for everything? No one ever admits it is their own fault ... must be some external influence, yeah ... find a celebrity to blame!

Hey, maybe it is MY fault - after all, it has been many, many years since I have eaten a Twinky, even before I had food allergies that now prevent me from eating them ...
    Kinda like President Obama blaming President Bush for everything???
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

Quote Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
    I kinda blame the lost Bush kid, Reggie.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
    No, not like that. If you want to make an connection to Bush you would have to have something like...it is Laura Bush's fault that so many people are reading "50 Shades of Gray".

Someone please explain to me how a congress who can't keep us from the looming fiscal cliff and all the cut backs coming has the gumption to give themselves a $900 a month raise? When I worked, we only got raises when we earned them. I don't think any one in congress has earned any sort of a raise this year.
    But, that's just the opinion of someone living 130% below the poverty level.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

Someone please explain to me how a congress who can't keep us from the looming fiscal cliff and all the cut backs coming has the gumption to give themselves a $900 a month raise? When I worked, we only got raises when we earned them. I don't think any one in congress has earned any sort of a raise this year.
    Vote the bums out! It amazes me every time we Americans re-elect so many of the same people that are screwing this up - and it is a mess they created for themselves!
    I've Been Frosted

It just seems that no matter who is in office, the results are the same.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

Congress is working on legislation to rescind the pay raises for Congress and the executive branch.

To echo Karen's statement, we just sent a Congress which is rated as one of the worst in history back to power largely unchanged. 90% of the seats remained in the same hands they were in in November.

We have reached national insanity, electing the same fools and expecting different results.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Congress is working on legislation to rescind the pay raises for Congress and the executive branch.
    I'm sure they will work really HARD on that!!! Specially seeing how hard they work the rest of the year. That's like putting a fox to guard a hen house.

I totally agree about the national insanity. I keep wondering what are people thinking?
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

Congress did not give themselves pay raises. It was the President, by Executive Order - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2377714.html

Congress is trying to get the Order rescinded - http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...ess-pay-raise/