Thread: Politics and religion.

NOT! I tell folks it's a secret ballot for a reason.

But Sparks, we have more in common than this thread would lead anyone to believe. And I do not think of America as split, or bi-partisan, no matter how much the political pundits proclaim it to be so. For example, there's not such thing as a "red state," or a "blue state" in every state, I guarantee you, there were people who voted the opposite of the way the state landed on the big map, and people who voted for parties and people not represented in that equation. America is not two colors, it is not "red" and "blue" - truth be told, it has green, pink, brown, rainbow - it is more like plaid! But that doesn't make it simple enough for clever sound bites.

Don't buy the hype the commentators spew forth. And remember, here on Pet Talk, we all love and care about pets - who have no politics whatsoever. Any dog I know would take a treat as readily from a member of one political party or another, big or small, red, blue, green, rainbow - a treat is a treat! And some cats are as likely to snub any human being of any political party, regardless of his or her opinion about elections.
    I've Been Frosted

By the By.....

I'm reading Texas and Louisiana have petitions to secede.....

Wanna go? Fine.

However....

We'll be expecting repatriation of all troops and equipment in any military posts in those states,to include the National Guard equipment (Uncle sugar provides the equipment, the state just provides a portion of the training money) as well as all machinery related to military production which has been paid for with United States tax dollars, in addition to research labs and all other government infrastructure. As for the physical infrastructure we will be leaving behind, we'll expect payment for that in due course.

LockMart Fort Worth? We'll be wanting that as well as all the research data. After all, we keep hearing that without military contracts, it would fold. Let's cut out the pain in the middle, just send it north.

Ditto for Siemens in Arlington.

We'll be expecting the return of all Army Corps of Engineers equipment and personnel as well.

As to Louisiana, you can keep Ingalls shipyard. The work has been shoddy as of late, and the equipment is just too big to move. We will, however, be seizing or destroying (depending on size and ease of movement) any equipment mission-specific to the construction of US naval vessels. I'm sure the shipyard in Philly would like the work back.

Please note, all research facilities at Universities and the information generated there paid for with federal tax money will be expected to be returned as well.

Given the tenor of the proposals, we don't expect that you want the US Navy and military in general to protect you. Please reflag all vessels forthwith, and be advised that the US Navy is no longer your protector. I'm sure, however, for a price (after all, you want unfettered capitalism, you got it) we can arrange something.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

My secret ballot is cast for Florida to secede.

----------

How hard is it to cast a vote?

-----------------------

Gotta run, Antiques Roadshow is doing a cat and dog episode.

4. Quote Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
    doesn't it get exhausting talking down to people all the time? It's exhausting to read the constant back and forth
    That's seems real simple. Stop reading.

Don't accept our hospitality and then complain about it!

Bad form.

Quote Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
    doesn't it get exhausting talking down to people all the time? It's exhausting to read the constant back and forth
    For the people who do it, Im gonna say it is their pleasure and the highlight of their day.

Richard, not that he is one of the culprits, is at least entertaining when he posts instead of degrading..
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    That's seems real simple. Stop reading.

Don't accept our hospitality and then complain about it!

Bad form.
    Don't worry your pretty little head. I haven't checked this area of the forum for a long time. Just figured I would see if there was any intelligent discussion about the recent election but I can see it's business as usual.

Don't fret, I won't be back to this section. I Teach in a preschool, I get my fill of children there

7. Quote Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
    Don't worry your pretty little head. I haven't checked this area of the forum for a long time. Just figured I would see if there was any intelligent discussion about the recent election but I can see it's business as usual.

Don't fret, I won't be back to this section. I Teach in a preschool, I get my fill of children there
    I am glad to hear you are gainfully employed!

Trying my best to stay away from this, I just want to say it is possible to have different political opinions from someone and still get along and respect the person, just saying.

Not sure what the gainfully employed comment meant, Brian provides very well for his family and I respect the hell out of the fact that for the most part sparks can be a stay at home mom, it really is the unltimate sacrifice and shows ultimate trust in your spouse and in no way makes you less of a person, in fact I really admire it.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Random political thought....

Humanity has the internet.

An incredible medium for information interchange.

A packet can move around the world at the speed of light (or very close to it)

Why is it that we choose to use this incredible medium for the distribution of poorly researched (or not researched) jingoistic partisan pap?

It's like a baboon display, everyone showing their rear end, and then people reposting and spreading the BS without pausing for a minute to think it through.....after all, it fits their viewpoint, it must be true.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Humanity has the internet.

It's like a baboon display, everyone showing their rear end, and then people reposting and spreading the BS without pausing for a minute to think it through.....after all, it fits their viewpoint, it must be true.
    So, everyone climbs on board?

I see your point....

Name:  Baby_baboon_on_back.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  187.2 KB
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    I am glad to hear you are gainfully employed!
    just wanted to address this.

It is only two mornings a week and I only do it because Hannah gets to come with me but I am still very much a stay at home/homeschool mom (although it seems we are rately actually AT home)

I certainly don't do it because we need the money or because I somehow felt like a lesser human being because I stay at home and parent my child. Brian provides very well for us and gives us the amazing opportunity for me to stay home and homeschool Hannah. I am extremely thankful for that. I took this job because it was a great opportunity. I mean, I get paid and Hannah gets to come to class with me for free.

I am not sure why you would care if I was gainfully employed or not. We don't take any government Money or handouts, we fully support ourselves and in the future as long as God is willing I will still be a stay at home/homeschooling mother and I am proud of it My self worth isn't tied up in my job.
    Last edited by sparks19; 11-14-2012 at 01:27 PM.

12. back on topic....

Dear Red States,

We're ticked off at your Neanderthal attitudes and politics
    (like
    "legitimate rape") so we have decided to leave you.

We in New York intend to form our own country and we're taking the
    other Blue States with us. In case you aren't aware, that includes
    California, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington, Minnesota, Wisconsin,
    Michigan, Illinois and the rest of the Northeast.

We believe this split will be beneficial to the nation and especially
    to the people of the new country, the Enlightened States of America
    (E.S.A).

To sum up briefly:

You get Texas, Oklahoma and all the slave states.

We get stem cell research.

You get Bobby Jindal and Todd Akin. We get Andrew Cuomo and Elizabeth Warren.

We get the Statue of Liberty. You get OpryLand.

We get Intel and Microsoft. You get WorldCom.

We get Harvard. You get Ole' Miss.

We get 85 % of America's venture capital and entrepreneurs.

You get Alabama. And
    Louisiana.

We get two-thirds of the tax revenue.

You now get to make the red states pay their fair share.

Since our aggregate divorce rate is 22 % lower than the Christian
    Coalition's we get a bunch of happy families. You get a bunch of
    single moms.

Please be aware that the E.S.A. will be pro choice and anti-war and
    we're going to want all our citizens back from Afghanistan at once. If
    you need people to fight, ask your evangelicals. They have kids
    they're apparently willing to send to their deaths for no convincing
    purpose.

We wish you success in Afghanistan and possibly Iran as well, but
    we're not willing to spend our resources in these sorts of pursuits.

With the Blue States in hand, we will have firm control of 80% of the
    country's fresh water, more than 90% of the pineapple and lettuce, 92%
    of the nation's fresh fruit, 95% of America's quality wines, 90%
    of
    all cheese, 90 % of the high tech industry, most of the US low sulfur
    coal, all living redwoods, sequoias and condors, all the Ivy (Yale,
    Harvard, etc.) and Seven Sister schools plus Stanford, Berkeley, U of
    Chicago, Cal Tech and MIT.

With the Red States you will have to cope with 88% of all obese
    Americans and their projected health care costs; 92% of all US
    mosquitoes, nearly 100% of the tornadoes, 90% of the hurricanes, 99%
    of all Southern Baptists, virtually 100% of all televangelists; Rush
    Limbaugh, Bob Jones University, Clemson and the University of Georgia.

We get Hollywood and Yosemite.

38% of those in the Red states believe Jonah was actually swallowed by a whale;
    62% believe life is sacred unless we're discussing the death penalty
    or gun laws;
    44% say that evolution is only a theory;
    53% claim that Saddam was involved in 9/11 and
    61% of you crazies believe that you have
    higher morals then we lefties.

Sincerely,

With apologies to anyone who thinks expressing an opinion contrary to the one you hold is "talking down" to you.

Does this mean we have to keep Gov. Romney as well?

Please note: Very few of us in the "red" states had anything to do with this wanting to pull out of the union nonsense!!! I am not red or blue. I have voted both ways over the years. I had two 5th great grandfathers who fought in the American Revolution and I'll be dang gum if I go against what they fought so hard for.

So, if most of the rest of Kansas wants to pull out of the union, there will be one little yellow house on the prairie that will remain American!!! Of course, the rest of you all might have to air drop me and my cats supplies.

By the way, I wouldn't brag about getting to keep Hollywood.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

15. Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Does this mean we have to keep Gov. Romney as well?
    Sometimes a little chaff gets stuck in the wheat.