Thread: Politics and religion.

I watched about two minutes of the debate tonight and heard this gem from one of the candidates....

The government will subsidize prescription medicine.

What does that mean?

Here's an example.

If company "A" sells a pill for 5 dollars, the government will pay 4 dollars to thru that program, then the patient will only pay 1 dollar to get their pills.

So, where does the 4 dollars come from?

------------------------------

To paraphrase the immortal words of Nancy Pelosi....

"Don't read it, just vote.....it's all good!"
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Blog Entries
    The good old Taxpayers Richard. Everything is FREE as long as we keep working & paying our taxes. Just keep your tax dollars rolling in so our government can spend, spend, spend.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

Last time I read the Constitution, I remember seeing something in there about appropriations bills originating in the house......

That being the case, the Presidential candidates can flap their gums all day long about their budgetary plans, but they mean NOTHING.

Unless the House wants to rein in spending, (which, by the way, has been under Republican control for the last two years with a leadership that has basically done NOTHING), the President can do very little.

There is so much fat in the defense budget it laughable. Get rid of it. We have more Naval combat power than the next several nations behind us combined. An Arleigh Burke class Destroyer alone has more combat and sea control power than some navies.

Yet we're dumping Billions into developing a ship called DDG 1000, which cannot carry most of the weapons currently in use, and for which the major weapons sytems don't even exist on paper.

The same for CVN 21.

And FCS, and Paladin follow on, and many other boondoggles.

Gut them.

I could go on, but it's not the current discussion.

Talk all you want about spend, spend spend, but where do appropriations bills originate?

In the House, which has been under the budget hawk republican control for 2 years, and all they've done is continue to expand the deficit. THe President was in the Oval Office when the US Credit rating took a couple of hits, but who was holding up the budget?

Speaker Boehner.

Who has overseen the first default in the history of the US Postal service?

Chairman Issa, because he won't compromise.

The house leadership has got to go. They're more concerned with playing politics than conducting the business of the country.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

I was reading an article about a poll of physicians and how they were going to vote now, as to opposed to the way they voted in '08.

I don't remember the exact numbers, but from the 70% that voted BO in, half of them were going to vote Republican.

Why?

Tort reforms.

They stated that ObamaCare didn't do enough to control those costs to the physicians/practices.

----------------------------

We didn't learn from the 50 dollar hammer or 200 dollar toilet seat.

Government subsidy of prescription meds allows those pill mills to charge ANYTHING THEY WANT, the taxpayer will make up the rest, so what do they care how much they charge.

----------------------

As soon as I can I am moving to Bora Bora.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Last time I read the Constitution, I remember seeing something in there about appropriations bills originating in the house......

That being the case, the Presidential candidates can flap their gums all day long about their budgetary plans, but they mean NOTHING.

Unless the House wants to rein in spending, (which, by the way, has been under Republican control for the last two years with a leadership that has basically done NOTHING), the President can do very little.

There is so much fat in the defense budget it laughable. Get rid of it. We have more Naval combat power than the next several nations behind us combined. An Arleigh Burke class Destroyer alone has more combat and sea control power than some navies.

Yet we're dumping Billions into developing a ship called DDG 1000, which cannot carry most of the weapons currently in use, and for which the major weapons sytems don't even exist on paper.

The same for CVN 21.

And FCS, and Paladin follow on, and many other boondoggles.

Gut them.

I could go on, but it's not the current discussion.

Talk all you want about spend, spend spend, but where do appropriations bills originate?

In the House, which has been under the budget hawk republican control for 2 years, and all they've done is continue to expand the deficit. THe President was in the Oval Office when the US Credit rating took a couple of hits, but who was holding up the budget?

Speaker Boehner.

Who has overseen the first default in the history of the US Postal service?

Chairman Issa, because he won't compromise.

The house leadership has got to go. They're more concerned with playing politics than conducting the business of the country.

All very true & worth mentioning. I wish more folks knew this. Re Defense spending, Any mention of cutting Defense budget is met with utter horror by some and
    screaming about weakening America's standing in the world. Most folks have no idea what all we already have in overkill possibilities.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Seriously?

This is the kind of crap that needs to be addressed.

http://news.yahoo.com/feds-charge-91...175908404.html

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Seriously?

This is the kind of crap that needs to be addressed.

http://news.yahoo.com/feds-charge-91...175908404.html
    Well, at least it is being prosecuted! That's how it made the news! Who knows how much goes on that we, the citizens paying the bills, do not know about!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Well, at least it is being prosecuted! That's how it made the news! Who knows how much goes on that we, the citizens paying the bills, do not know about!
    This in a HUGE case.

There are many cases that are for mere millions.....this is a case of excess.....that don't make the news.

------------------

The 'record' for MC fraud was 163 million and that case was prosecuted in August of '11.

Incredible numbers and amazing how the gov't. gets fleeced for that much...

Depends on the locale, I know the county DA out here is pretty activist when it comes to welfare/social services fraud. About every other month there will be an article in the newspaper listing the people caught, and the amount of fraud.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

And the coward of the day award goes to:

Representative Richard Hanna, R, NY.

http://www.pressconnects.com/article...text|FRONTPAGE

If you host the debate, I'm not going to run any campaign ads on your station.

You too can win any debate just by using the Gish method. Talk fast & lie your *ss off. It's obviously very effective.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/janet-...p_ref=politics
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    You too can win any debate just by using the Gish method. Talk fast & lie your *ss off. It's obviously very effective.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/janet-...p_ref=politics
    Does it work for people that already hold office?

-----------------------------

BO has given the country a Big Bird for the last three years......Sesame Street forever?

I gave up on tonight's debate about halfway through. I got fed up with the moderator trying to cut Romney off and his continuing to talk even after she (repeatedly) told him that other audience members were waiting to ask questions. I just wanted to know why each of them think they are better qualified to be the next President than the other person. Don't trash talk the other candidate, just answer the question and tell me why you should get my vote.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Blog Entries
    We watched this debate. We watchched the previous debate. There is no choice in my opinion. I speak only for myself and I would vote for President Obama. He, in my humble opinion, is more honest and does not constantly have that condescending, sanctimonious look on his face. Mitt seems to have no respect for anyone but himself. He is also a liar in my opinion. Frankly, gives me the freakin' creeps.

Blog Entries
    Oh ya, I also think he's a jack ass.