Thread: Politics and religion.

Thanks for that, Wom.. I see you have the same kinds of things going on in Australia as we have here.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by wombat2u2004 View Post
    You need glasses.
    I can see the pic perfectly clearly.
    It's a little box with a red X in it.
    Har
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Government reminds me of The Three Stooges. Wish we could bop their heads together.
    Anne

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Thanks for that, Wom.. I see you have the same kinds of things going on in Australia as we have here.
    Well yeah. Every now and again the Idiot Party gets elected.
    All of the usual backstabbing and "What kind of grass will we put a ban on mowing this year because trimming it is bad for the environment and is destroying the planet" discussions are the all that goes on in Parliament House.
    But that's ok.....The South shall Rise Again.

"I'm Back !!"

Quote Originally Posted by mrspunkysmom View Post
    Government reminds me of The Three Stooges. Wish we could bop their heads together.
    Awww give them a break Anne.
    Being in the Government is proof that someone has already bashed them senseless.

"I'm Back !!"

Quote Originally Posted by mrspunkysmom View Post
    The Three Stooges were acting....in the case of Government it's incompetence, occasionally willful incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    The Three Stooges were acting....in the case of Government it's incompetence, occasionally willful incompetence.
    Hmmmmm. Interesting.
    So what you are saying is that imbeciles actually DO exist ????

"I'm Back !!"

Interesting Political Poll question. I wonder if Congress cares how we feel?

Quick vote

Should members of Congress get a pay cut as part of efforts to cut the federal deficit?

Yes 94% 329432
    No 6% 20444

Total votes: 349876

This is not a scientific poll
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Interesting Political Poll question. I wonder if Congress cares how we feel?

Quick vote

Should members of Congress get a pay cut as part of efforts to cut the federal deficit?

Yes 94% 329432
    No 6% 20444

Total votes: 349876

This is not a scientific poll
    No. I think we should double their pay.
    And tomorrow, sack them.

"I'm Back !!"

Does anyone see a problem here ???
    I do...but...maybe it's just me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v...Ej0sM&vq=large

"I'm Back !!"

No, it's not just you. I didn't like the attacks on the Democrats, but it does show a lack of respect and lack of class on the part of the White House or Congressional staff that organized the medal ceremony.

There is too much politics in this country these days and not just with the politicians. Sometimes I really fear for my country.
    Anne

If that isnt the epitome of how our POTUS sees our soldiers, I dont know what is. Im to angry to post more but I reserve hte right to do so later.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

It surprises me that anyone would take this at face value. By this time -- more than a year later -- there is more than enough proof that the people on the front two rows were SSgt. Giunta's family, previous Medal of Honor recipients and Secretary of Defense Gates. Didn't you think there was something wrong when the youtube video didn't show anything from the actual ceremony?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG-XA...eature=related
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by wombat2u2004 View Post
    Does anyone see a problem here ???
    I do...but...maybe it's just me.
    Perhaps you need a new pair of glasses, wom. FYI, all the recent MOH ceremonies have been live on TV here in the States - for anyone interested to view.

I've seen them all, live and in HD. Very impressive with the other MOH recipients, and family members, present.

Blog Entries
    I saw the whole ceremony & felt that the focus was strictly on SSgt. Giunta & what he had done. He was very modest about the whole thing & would of rather saw his friends alive then receiving the medal. Pulling his friend out of there was for good reason as you saw on the U Tube the taliban mutilate their captures. SSgt. Giunta's buddies were also on camera, along with his family. The camera panned everyone involved.