Thread: Politics and religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    http://money.cnn.com/2011/08/18/news....htm?hpt=hp_t2

Would someone please buy Rep. Bachmann a clue?
    $2/gal gas - not in our lifetimes.

http://cartalk.com/blogs/jim-motavalli/?p=1116

"I'm Back !!"

Um, somebody's sure got a warped view of our current President ...

No one ever said Universal Health Care - even those proponents of it - was gonna be free!

Never mind all the other stuff ...
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wombat2u2004 View Post
    That cartoon says a lot. Here in the heartland it is time for a change because people are feeling with the present situation.

If you're upset with the way things are going, vote 'em out. Not the President, but Congress.

Over 80% of congressional reps are reelected. Change isn't going to happen with the same gang of fools in charge.

Blog Entries
    President Obama can't lead period. He has tried lets give someone else a chance to take the reins.

It is a do nothing bunch of idiots in Congress we need to clean house there too. Get rid of the whole lot & start over.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonny View Post

It is a do nothing bunch of idiots in Congress we need to clean house there too. Get rid of the whole lot & start over.

You're right. It's hard to lead when all you have to work with is a" bunch
    of idiots" who are determined to see the current President fail.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    You're right. It's hard to lead when all you have to work with is a" bunch of idiots" who are determined to see the current President fail.
    Amen!
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Pres. Reagan had to work with a much more divided house (The closest division was a 50 seat deficit) and still accomplished much of his agenda.

Agree with his policies or not, the amount a true leader can accomplish is staggering, even if Congress is against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Pres. Reagan had to work with a much more divided house (The closest division was a 50 seat deficit) and still accomplished much of his agenda.

Agree with his policies or not, the amount a true leader can accomplish is staggering, even if Congress is against them.

Reagan never met the wing nuts of the Tea Party. He never was asked
    to show his birth certificate. He was never questioned about his love for
    America. Obama ,as the first African American President had to face blatent
    prejudice never before experienced by a major political candidate.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Reagan never met the wing nuts of the Tea Party. He never was asked
    to show his birth certificate. He was never questioned about his love for
    America. Obama ,as the first African American President had to face blatent
    prejudice never before experienced by a major political candidate.
    Thank you for proving how utterly ignorant and, a factor that is worse IMO, dogmatic you really are. And you accuse those who hold a different opinion of the exact same thing....

Lets put it in language you might understand Liz. Barack Obama's domestic/economic policy is the same as George Bush... on steroids. No? Please elaborate on the differences.

EDIT - Hint <Be sure to consider which party controlled Congress at the time certain variables were put into play. It would be neat to see if you understand how that matters.>
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Every President has to deal with name calling and opposition from both the fringes of their own party and the entire opposition party.

Pres. Reagan was derided as senile, a lightweight, an Actor with no background, ad nauseum. He still accomplished much of the agenda he ran on despite his detractors and taking office during a massive recession.

Pres. Clinton was derided as a hick from Arkansas, his presidency was rife with scandal, and he still accomplished much (love it or hate it) on the legislative side.

The first President Bush never got out of the shadow of Reagan, and was an appeaser, never showed a backbone on domestic policy, and didn't communicate well.(read my lips.......)

The second President Bush ran as a conservative initially, had a strong foreign policy (love it or hate it, you knew where he stood) but domestically he tried to be everything to everyone, from No Child Left Behind to the medicare prescription drug benefit disaster. We will pay dearly for both of those.

When Presidents LEAD, they do well. When they appease or go to childish bullying, they do poorly.

Obama ,as the first African American President had to face blatent prejudice never before experienced by a major political candidate.
    If you mean people voted for him because he is half African American, you would be correct.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

IN MY BRIEF RESEARCH INTO THIS SUBJECT . I AM HAPPY TOO SHARE MY FINDINGS. I DO THIS AS A PUBLIC SERVICE.
    THANK YOU.

Now we know the complete story!

The English language has some wonderfully collective nouns for the various groups of animals.

We are all familiar with a Herd of cows, a Flock of chickens, a School of fish and a Gaggle of geese.

However, less widely known is a Pride of lions, a Murder of crows (as well as their cousins the rooks and ravens), an Exaltation of doves and, presumably because they look so wise, a Parliament of owls.

Now consider a group of Baboons. They are the loudest, most dangerous, most obnoxious, most viciously aggressive and least intelligent of all primates.
    And what is the proper collective noun for a group of baboons?

Believe it or not ....... a Congress!

"I'm Back !!"

Don't insult baboons. At least they have a purpose to their....displays.