Thread: Politics and religion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Richard, the new bus belongs to the Secret Service. When the Republicans get their nominee figured out s/he will also have the use of one exactly the same.
    We the tax payers still paid for them.

Richard, the new bus belongs to the Secret Service. When the Republicans get their nominee figured out s/he will also have the use of one exactly the same.
    I have disdain for all politicians.

Not just the ones 'driving the bus'.

And if the Secret Service own the bus, why are they letting ANYONE use it? At the least they should let regular people use it.

Didn't FEMA let people borrow trailers, once?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
    We the tax payers still paid for them.
    That's true. I was disputing Richard's phrase - new Obama bus. It's a bus for use by anyone with more clout than you or I have. Current President, future President, candidates for President.

Blog Entries
    Aren't the buses being used just like the rock stars etc., use them to get around in when they go from place to place for their concerts. Instead we have politicians using them to meet the people & tell them truths & lies.

President Obama flew into Minneapolis & hopped on the bus. Now where the buses came from a person doesn't know. I hope they didn't drive the darn things all the way from Washington D.C. to Minnesota.

There was a lot of security work done to make this trip possible both on land & in the air. Last night we got to hear jets flying over protecting the air space overheard & talk about noise pollution.

That's true. I was disputing Richard's phrase - new Obama bus. It's a bus for use by anyone with more clout than you or I have. Current President, future President, candidates for President.
    LOL,

They didn't go to Trader Vic's Miracle Cars in Pacoima to buy it.

I don't have clout, if I did I'd go get some antibiotics.

That stuff will kill you.

---------------------

The sign at Trader Vic's lot (It's on San Fernando Road in Pacoima, Ca) says
    Trader Vic's Miracle Cars - If it's a good car, it's a miracle!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44160917?ocid=ansmsnbc11

President Barack Obama is traveling the Midwest on a new $1.1 million bus purchased by the Secret Service, an impenetrable-looking conveyance the size of a cross-country Greyhound, painted all in black, with dark tinted windows and flashing red and blue lights.

Secret Service spokesman Ed Donovan emphasized that the bus wasn't purchased solely for the president and would be used for other dignitaries in the future. He said the agency has not previously had buses in its fleet and was overdue to get some since it's had to protect politicians traveling by bus for decades.

All the AHs that can afford their own ticket are going to roll on my dime?

Why didn't they just buy the tanker that Max Max drove in the MMII?

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Why didn't they just buy the tanker that Max Max drove in the MMII?
    That's still bogged down in pig crap at Thunderdome.

"I'm Back !!"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wombat2u2004 View Post
    That's still bogged down in pig crap at Thunderdome.
    ROFL! It will take a miracle from trader Vic to get it out.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    LOL,

I don't have clout, if I did I'd go get some antibiotics.
    I think I had that once. It started off as a purple rash.
    I should have listened to my mum, she told me not associate with those sort of girls.

"I'm Back !!"

http://money.cnn.com/2011/08/18/news....htm?hpt=hp_t2

Would someone please buy Rep. Bachmann a clue?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    http://money.cnn.com/2011/08/18/news....htm?hpt=hp_t2

Would someone please buy Rep. Bachmann a clue?

LOL I read that article this morning. I see that they confirmed the "drill
    baby drill" mantra made no sense and wouldn't solve the gas problem either.

BTW, did you read this on the Money page? If yes,what did you think?

http://finance.fortune.cnn.com/2011/...y/?iid=Popular
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Somewhere, the center has got to take the reins from the fanatics on both sides.

I disagree with one major point of the article, however, They give Standard and Poor's a pass on the bond rating downgrade, when S+P is as much a part of the political soup that's causing this mess as anyone else.

The entitlement issues needs to be dealt with, and the tax code as it exists needs to be scrapped. Completely. Clean sheet rewrite. Either a flat tax with a hard basic deduction raised annually by the CPI (as in anything under $30K isn't touched, adjusted for inflation) or a national sales tax.

Somewhere, the center has got to take the reins from the fanatics on both sides.

I disagree with one major point of the article, however, They give Standard and Poor's a pass on the bond rating downgrade, when S+P is as much a part of the political soup that's causing this mess as anyone else.

The entitlement issues needs to be dealt with, and the tax code as it exists needs to be scrapped. Completely. Clean sheet rewrite. Either a flat tax with a hard basic deduction raised annually by the CPI (as in anything under $30K isn't touched, adjusted for inflation) or a national sales tax.

All big ideas & good ideas. I only hope the Congress can find the will to
    do what is truly best for the American people. ALL the people, not just
    a few corporations. (they are now considered people too)
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

"Squish", like grape.

Sure.

Still, there has to be SOMETHING in there about borrowing 40% of every dollar spent.... With ZERO serious talk about actually changing our spending habits.

Good luck there hoss. What politician is going to vote to repeal the 16th Amendment? You have to do that if you want a flat/sales tax. If you don't, we end up like Canada. Taxes on the money that was taxed already.

But I don't blame the politicians. I blame a lazy and ignorant electorate. Who actually has read and understands the Constitution anymore? Who has read the Federalist papers?

/rant
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

For a national sales tax/VAT you'd have to amend the 16th, but I don't see a flat tax being a problem constitutionally.